1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I play insanely long games... is every nfp patch going to mean a restart?

2. Linklite

Linklite Prince

If you want to include the new features, then yes. Every pack will include a new game mode, and it's not feasible to introduce them partway through a game.

The alternative is that you do what I do, complete the game, then do a new game with the new features to try them out. You could do quick games alongside that trial the features. What I'm currently doing is a single player game by myself that runs pretty quickly, and a hot seat game with my wife. Usually one is not far from finishing at any given time. If they're really long, you could just "save up" the features and do a new game with two packs' worth of content.

3. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Is there a way to turn off the culture shading over water on the minimap? I would much prefer just to see the culture borders over land.

Regards

EmJayLambert likes this.
  4. JJOne

JJOne Prince

This one didn't break my marathon game. The one before broke my era dedication, but I could still play the game... treated it as a nerf to my op civilization. :D

agonistes likes this.
  5. JasTiger

JasTiger Chieftain

Indoctrination for Hermetic Order says whenever a Great Person is earned. Is that retroactive? Does it mean ANY Great Person earned by ANY civ, or is it just whenever *I* earn a great person?

6. Zibi1981

Zibi1981 Chieftain

Are forest and jungle fires generated by soothsayers contributing to global CO2 emission?

7. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

I believe any natural disasters they cause do, after the most recent update.

8. Zibi1981

Zibi1981 Chieftain

Thought so, as only this explains why other civs that are behind in tech tree emit far more CO2. I very rarely use soothsayers, they in contrast do it often.

9. footballciv

footballciv Chieftain

When I'm low with a strategic resource, say coal, does unit maintenance or power takes priority? I would really like an option to shutdown power plants. I don't mind the lower yield, just don't let my units die!

agonistes likes this.
  10. Raijer

Raijer The 736th Beatle Supporter

I’m currently playing a game on PlayStation as Japan. While dealing with a hoard of barbarians, my coastal adjacent slinger attacked a warrior. That slinger should be getting a +5 bonus (Japan, coastal adjacency), but for some reason he’s not. Any ideas as to why?

11. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

The target (warrior) is probably not on the coastal tile?

Raijer likes this.
  12. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Day and night doesn't seem to be cycling properly in my game. I've ticked and unticked the "animated time of day" option and nothing seems to happen. I can manually set the time, but I'd like it to cycle automatically. Am I missing something?

13. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Does Vertical Integration get applied before or after the Ruhr Valley buff?

14. Bob Newbie

Bob Newbie Chieftain

Dumb question: If I build a bank BEFORE unlocking the gilded vault governor promotion, will my bank automatically convert to a gilded vault once I unlock the promotion?
    Also, if i'm in the process of constructing a bank & I unlock the gilded vault promotion, will my production progress convert towards completion of the gilded vault? or do I lose all that progress?

I have a Civ match going with a friend & I don't want to screw myself over, I would test it myself but not home at the moment.

15. sethjohnson

sethjohnson Chieftain

i don't know but in my most recent game i held off building a bank until i'd unlocked the relevant promotion to avoid this issue.

The great merchant who gives you a free bank with space for a great work will instead give you a guided vault with space for a great work. I don't know what happens to existing banks yet though.

16. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

This option should be ticked. I have it like that, and day and night cycles for me. Do you use some mods that could mess it up?

17. Buktu

Buktu Warlord

If the gilded vault works like the old gods monument every finished bank will become a gilded vault after you unlock the promotion. You will lose any progression on banks you are currently building when you unlock gilded vaults.

18. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Unfortunately I have a laundry list of mods, but none that I can see would affect it. Mods work in mysterious ways though, I suppose

19. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

Is there a way to see precise progress of a tech/civic? like I want to know if I'm 738/1318 into Ideology or 740/1318 into it.

20. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

The Military Level 2 bonus are the following: Allies share visibility and gain bonus production toward military units when either ally is at war.

Does this count if either ally is at war with a City State? Or only war with major powers count? My ally is at war with a CS but I don't seem to get the bonus. What if I declare war on a CS?