1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

medic apostles are for healing your NON-religious (as in Military) units. That's what medics do.
    Surprising, isn't it (it was for me).

Caveat: I don't do religion that much, and I DO have some faulty memory circuits on occasion.

Knightfall, Ticio, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  2. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Prince

Ah okay :)
    Thanks ;)

Knightfall likes this.
  3. KaptainK714

KaptainK714 Warlord

does Zhangye Danxia give bonus to 2 cities? i have an opportunity to build at each end.

Knightfall likes this.
  4. Bosque

Bosque Warlord

No. You only get the bonus for one city.
    But if a different civilization can claim a tile at the other end, they can also gain the benefits.

5. Ticio

Ticio Prince

I always thought they were for healing other religious units! that explain why they sucked XD
    Knowing that, Byzantium is going to be insane!

One question!

Does the Monglonian's Ordu gives the "+25% combat experience for all siege units trained in this city" that the standard stable gives?

In the fandom page it says that the stables give this bonus but not the Ordu.

Knightfall likes this.
  6. KaptainK714

KaptainK714 Warlord

thanks i was really hoping there was a slip up

Knightfall likes this.
  7. SlowThinker

SlowThinker Prince

4) A barb horse just attacked my warrior with a battlecry p n. It looks the warrior got +10 HP afterwards. Why?
    (vanilla Civ6 from Epic, updated today)

+1HP after barb attack.jpg

5) The built techtree (hotkey T) shows visually Construction is a prereq to Machinery. But it looks it is not. Is it a bug/mistake?

lines in techtree.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Knightfall likes this.
  8. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

4) I assume your Warrior fortified with full movement last turn? You get healed for 10 HP if not moving with full HP in neutral territory (I'm sure you know this) but the heal happens at the BEGINNING of your NEXT turn, not the end of the current turn. This is opposite the way it works in every other Civ game, I think. So the next thing that happened after the horse attacked you, I assume, was the beginning of your turn. So you're seeing 2 actions happening there (horse attacks, turn starts) not just one.

Sorry if I over-explained.

Knightfall likes this.
  9. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

1. I assume said tile is an enemy city? Sending a delegate to an enemy, and having it accepted, reveals their closest city. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Other than that...I believe you can see mountains from an extra tile away (but should also see at least something connected I think, could be wrong) and when you get goodie huts sometimes it reveals maps but that would, usually, be several tiles and not just like 1.

Knightfall likes this.
  10. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Is there a way to select which colour my civilisation will be on the main map and minimap? When I played Russia, I was a bright yellow colour, but in my recent game the AI Russia were blue!

Knightfall likes this.
  11. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

I don't think there's a way to chose, at least not in single-player mode. The reason why the color of a country will occasionally be different is that a lot of civs have very similar colors so if both are present in the game, they will change the color of the other.

I guess you could try to find out which other yellow civ it is that makes Russia blue, and always add them to your game BUT my gut tells me that the human player will always get "stuck" with the default color in this situation (in this case, yellow). But, I've never tried it, so who knows?

Knightfall and salty mud like this.
  12. salty mud

salty mud Deity

From what I've noticed I think you're right, the human always gets the "main" colour of the civilisation, so human Rome will always be purple. There must be a mod that lets you change colours, I'll survey the Workshop.

Whaddya know, I actually had the mod that does this all along, it was just conflicting with another one I had. Sukritect's Civ Selection lets you choose the jersey colour of your civilisation. Just loaded up a game as red and yellow Rome to confirm it works. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2020
    Knightfall and tiamats4esgares like this.
  13. Linklite

Linklite Prince

I thought that you could change Jersey colours as standard? Seem to remember you can on Switch, I'll have to check to see if I'm misremembering.

Knightfall and canadamufc like this.
  14. SlowThinker

SlowThinker Prince

6)
    Effect of ranged promotions vs cities:
    I attacked a city with these two Archers:
    - Volley (+5 ranged strength vs land units)
    - Arrow Storm (+7 ranged strength vs land and naval units)
    Surprisingly, Arrow Strorm had its effect vs a city! In other words, it worked like Incendiaries included

Questions:
    a) is it a bug?
    b) where can I find any list of correct effects of promotions?

Thank you, your explanation is perfect.

Knightfall likes this.
  15. Sir Maru

Sir Maru Chieftain

I'm using the Rise and Fall rules for Civilization VI and cannot find the Civilopedia anymore. I am just using the Domination victory option.

Knightfall and 8housesofelixir like this.
  16. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

In the top right corner, you should see a "?" button. Thats the one.
    upload_2020-9-27_18-27-2.png
    Alternatively, press F9.

Also, I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum!

Knightfall and 8housesofelixir like this.
  17. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

I heard planes can rebase twice the distance of their operational range. Does this count from the base or from where the plane is deployed?

If I have A (base) ----- 5 tiles ----- deployed biplane -------- 5 tiles -------- B -------- 5 tiles -------- C, can my biplane of range 6 rebase to C or just B? (A - B is 12 tiles, A-C is 17 tiles but the deployed tile to C is only 12 tiles.)

Knightfall likes this.
  18. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

What should I do to get my load button to work? I saved a game with Byzantium earlier in the afternoon but now the load button doesn't work.

Knightfall likes this.
  19. Ticio

Ticio Prince

I had another question:

1) Does the Monglonian's Ordu gives the "+25% combat experience for all siege units trained in this city" that the standard stable gives?

In the fandom page it says that the stables give this bonus but not the Ordu.

2) Does killing barbarians as byzantium grant the faith pressure?

20. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

No, it doesn't have the CLASS_SIEGE tag attached to that ability. See here.

Knightfall, hhhhhh and Ticio like this.