If you switch your government in the middle of building a Government Plaza building, which legacy card do you end up with? E.g. if I have Classical Republic when I start the building, but midway through construction switch to Oligarchy, which card do I get?

For the promotions for the ranged units, there is a bonus against district defending units. Is a city center considered as a district or not ?

Last edited:
For the promotions for the ranged units, there is a bonus against district defending units. Is a city center considered as a district or not ?
Yes, the city center is indeed considered as a district for the purpose of promotions which apply against or in districts.

This city is qualified of the native capital of China. But normally it should be Pekin (Beijing). How is that possible ? I have found on the Internet that it is not possible to change of capital in Civ 6.

This city is qualified of the native capital of China. But normally it should be Pekin (Beijing). How is that possible ? I have found on the Internet that it is not possible to change of capital in Civ 6.

China is big, complicated and has more than one historical capital. For Civ VI the developers chose Xian to be China's original capital in the game.

I have read some of the articles about trade routes but I am not sure to understand the logic correctly. So the amount of resources is gained each turn right ? So if it is, what is the interest of the number of turns about ? Is it related to the ability to change it sooner or later ? For example, If I have a long term alliance I can invest on a long range trade route. But if I want to keep trade routes flexibility, I should prefer to set a short trade route. Am I correct ?

Is the level of information with spy more useful for religious war than military war ? Because you cannot be an ally with some civ that you are in war against. So if the accessibility level depends of if you are the ally with or not ...

For example, If I have a long term alliance I can invest on a long range trade route. But if I want to keep trade routes flexibility, I should prefer to set a short trade route. Am I correct ?
Basically, yes. You probably want highest yield destinations, unless you need the trader to create strategic roads somewhere or establish a trading post, which will open more destinations.

Be aware, though, that this UI shows incorrect information, as concerns the duration of the route, and is misleading. The numbers next to the clock symbol is not duration in turns, but the shortest distance to the destination in tiles, ignoring all geographical obstacles. The actual route displayed can be very different. On normal speed and size maps the shortest possible route will complete in no less than 22 turns.

The trader must complete a full journey to the destinaiton and back, moving 1 tile per turn, and if they spent less than 21 turns for the journey, they go again for another full journey. So, with the settings mentioned above, going to a destination 10 tiles away (of actual itinerary) will land you with a 40 turns long trade route. Destination 5 tiles away - 30 turns long route, while a destination 6 tiles away - 24 turns long route. The shortest route will be to a destination 11 tiles away in real trip terms - 22 turns.

But you have to count the tiles of an actual route yourself, UI is useless here.

You can read more about it in this guide.

What does represent the red "circles" ? I can move my pikeman around the city of Longxi so it is not against movement. I can shot with my artillery so it is not lack of sight.

I have a bonus resource of Uranium of +2 while I do not have any mine. I checked the city state resource bonus and no one gives me Uranium. Do you have any idea where it can be from ?

I can build a bank that will give me +9 gold !! While it is supposed to be +5. I checked the card and I have nothing related to bank. Do you know why ?

You can get higher bonus for religious combat since you can't have a trade route or a delegation with someone you are at war with. An alliance gives you 1 visibility but this wont make any difference for any combat since the guy you are allied with will get the same visibility bonus as you.
But you can still use spies to get a nice boost to your combat strenght. There is also a great merchant providing you +1 visibility with everybody and Cathrine (Black Queen) and Dschingis can get extra visibility through their abilities. In the midgame you might have an advantage when you research printing earlier than your opponent.
Since you can't get a tech advantage for religious units (as soon as you have apostles, very early into the game) visibilty might be a little more important to keep an advantage for religious combat after all but it is still important for normal combat as well.

The red circels are zone of control. You can enter those tiles but you can't get out of them them again in the same turn unless your unit is cavalry (both heavy and light cav ignore ZoC). More infos about ZoC are here for example.

You might have build a district over a uranium tile. In this case you dont need the mine but still get the resource per turn. You can check this easily with the search tool (the lens icon over the minimap). Search for uranium and it will highlight every tile with it.

I see some financial city states on the map. If you have 3+ envoys there they will boost all banks in your empire. Iirc 2 CS with 3 envoys should be +4 to banks so you get 9 gold in total.

Well seen for the financial city state.

I checked the uranium with the search tool but I have not but whatever maybe a bug.

For the bonus using spy I am surprise, are you sure you get a bonus in fighting if you have more visibility than him ? Does it works only around the city where the spy is ? Do you know how much is this bonus ?

Maybe you get uranium from Hattusas suzerainty? There is a science CS on the minimap and I think it was Hatussa that gave you strategics if you don't have them on your own.

You will get a level of diplomatic visibility for a low promoted spy and and two for a high promoted one. However this does not immidiatley grant you the combat bonus if your opponent has as much visibility as you have (and if you have less your opponent will get a bonus). For example from getting the great merchant granting one level on every other civ. Or maybe even an enemy spy (though I didnt notice the AI use listening posts against me). It's +3 per level you have more than the other one. So if you have 2 levels more you will get +6! Dschingis doubles these numbers again (so +6 for every level). It is called intel on opponents movement or sth like this.

Also I have a quick question myself. Does anybody know/have a good TSL map for western/middle europe? We wanted to play an all europe MP game but the TSL maps ingame and from YnaMP go too far east or south (with lots of raw plains or dessert which breaks the balance) and have too much space in general for the 6 of us.

"New
Maybe you get uranium from Hattusas suzerainty? There is a science CS on the minimap and I think it was Hatussa that gave you strategics if you don't have them on your own.

You will get a level of diplomatic visibility for a low promoted spy and and two for a high promoted one. However this does not immidiatley grant you the combat bonus if your opponent has as much visibility as you have (and if you have less your opponent will get a bonus). For example from getting the great merchant granting one level on every other civ. Or maybe even an enemy spy (though I didnt notice the AI use listening posts against me). It's +3 per level you have more than the other one. So if you have 2 levels more you will get +6! Dschingis doubles these numbers again (so +6 for every level). It is called intel on opponents movement or sth like this.
"

You are right it is from Hattusa, it is is not sense otherwise. There is an uranium mine inside the territory of another city state but there is no mine on it. So when they say it gives resource when there is no mine on it, it does not mean necessary on your own territory ? And what happen if the other city state build a mine on the uranium resource ? Do I lost the income of uranium ?

I really can not use the diplomatic visibility. Still can not figure out what is the use of it. So you are talking about a +3 when the level is raised. Does it mean military units receive a +3 combat strength if the visibility is above the one of the opponent ? I have the feeling that I understand everything badly on this subject.

When a civ A propose to enter a war against a civ B, and you accept it, what is the level of grievances that makes ?

There is often the amenities problem icon above cities when I create a city. I figured out it is solved after next turn. Is it a bug ?

While I wanted to build water culture I realized it was not available because it is too far from the city center. I do not understand why I have a so big territory : Until now I believed the territory was made of a radius of +3 tiles away from the city center. Is there any technology that makes it possible ? And what is the interest of having a so large territory if you can not build anything or gather any resource on it ?

You get all the strategic resources from CS where you are suzerain, so you lose the bonus from Hatussa but gain the uranium from the other CS.

Generally the more diplo visibility you have the more info you get about that civ, e. G. See what they are building, which Gouverneur they use and so an. Additionally you might get a combat bonus.
For the combat bonus you need to understand that it's not only you who has a level of diplomatic visibility but your opponent has one on you as well. These two are compared. If both are equal there won't be any bonus. But if they are NOT equal the one who has the higher visibility gets +3 combat strength per level he has more added in every battle against the player with the lower visibility.

Iirc it is a surprise war, so you will generate alot of grievances.

The icon just going away after 1 turn is not a bug. They recently changed a little bit around the amenety system. Now cities start with -1 amenety which is still in the ok range but triggers the icon. Once you end the turn your empire will rearrange where your amenities from luxury resources are applied. If your new city gets at least one amenity in this process the icon will disappear.

Your cities can grow past 3 tiles with enough culture, its not related to a tech or civic. You can still collect strategic or luxury resources by improving them in 4th or 5th ring. This is especially important for water resources/oil on water. On land you want your cities 4 or maybe 5 tiles apart to be able to cluster your districts better.
Btw you can even settle inside your own territory sometimes.

"You get all the strategic resources from CS where you are suzerain, so you lose the bonus from Hatussa but gain the uranium from the other CS."

What is CS ?

I never use light cavalry. Do you use them ? What they are good for ? I can not why I should build them instead of heavy cavalry. For conquest, I use heavy cavalry to attack city. Is it true that infantry has a bonus against cities that heavy cavalry does not have ?

I never use light cavalry. Do you use them ? What they are good for ?
Pillaging. Harassing. Finishing off. Scouting, if nothing else.

Promote them to Depredation, slot in Raid or Total War policy card and unleash hell.

Pillaging districts brings you respective yields and can help you jump ahead. Pillaging improvements will also bring you gold, faith or will heal the unit so that it could continue the devastation.

Battering rams and siege towers help infantry do full damage to the walls or bypass them, but do not help cavalry.

Top Bottom