I want to know the real difference between Standard speed and Online speed.

What I have found out about Standard is that the AI seems to behave slightly harder than Online speed. Is that just me or others also experience the same?

If Spain does not found a religion, do they still get +4 combat bonuses against other religions. That is to say, what is meant by "other religions" and what is meant by Spain's religion... does it mean founded by others? Or does it follow some other criteria... such as, for example, majority religion in 1/2 of cities. I could not figure this out based upon the game files.

I want to know the real difference between Standard speed and Online speed.

What I have found out about Standard is that the AI seems to behave slightly harder than Online speed. Is that just me or others also experience the same?

IIRC, the production and research times are adjusted. If you play at Online speed, production and research are emphasized, while at Marathon speed, unit movement and placement become more important.

IIRC, the production and research times are adjusted. If you play at Online speed, production and research are emphasized, while at Marathon speed, unit movement and placement become more important.

I retain all the settings except speed changed to Standard. Two met AI declared war at around Turn #45 in two games. When I was using Online speed, the AI nearly never declared war against me. It's a significant difference which I have seen so far.

I retain all the settings except speed changed to Standard. Two met AI declared war at around Turn #45 in two games. When I was using Online speed, the AI nearly never declared war against me. It's a significant difference which I have seen so far.

Probably because of faster unit production. By the time they met you at Online Speed, you probably managed to build more units than in Standard speed.

Of course, some AI are more belligerent than others. Montezuma is far more likely to declare war than Pedro II.

Is there a way to tell if a unit has the spear of fionn upgrade, other than selecting a unit and mousing over a possible attack target? Something like the upgrade stars in the unit description box.

Is there a way to tell if a unit has the spear of fionn upgrade, other than selecting a unit and mousing over a possible attack target? Something like the upgrade stars in the unit description box.

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Same as the luxury bonus to Aztec troops.

I would like to ask a simple question about the achivement "Transsiberian". Does the city that has to be linked to the capital have to be at exactly 60 tiles away, or is it 60 tiles or more ? Thank you !

?????????????
Zigzagzigal did some good guides for the different civs in civ v and has put a couple up on steam recently (Russia & Japan). So maybe try community guides on steam?

Edit: Zigzagzigal now has guides for Greece, Arabia and the Aztecs

Last edited:
Zigzagzigal did some good guides for the different civs in civ v and has put a couple up on steam recently (Russia & Japan). So maybe try community guides on steam?

Edit: Zigzagzigal now has guides for Greece, Arabia and the Aztecs
Thanks

Is this the same as in civ5 or different ?

When do i get warmonger penalties with a civ ?
When i fight against Civ A and destroy them, do i get penalties in my relation with Civ B if:
-Neither me, nor civ A have contact with civ B before i destroy civ A (i guess not, would be stupid)
-I have contact with civ B when i destroy civ A but civ A does not. (was iirc the situation in civ5)
-Civ A has contact with civ B when i destroy civ A, but I do not. (would be much more logical)
-We both have contact with civB. (of course then i get it, just added the 4th line to complete all the possible options)

Is there a specific requirement for Pax Brittanica to work? I've tried playing a few starts with England on Island Plates and I never got the melee unit when creating cities on different islands. Does that not count as a separate 'continent'? If not - does anyone know how to tell where continental divides occur?

Is there a specific requirement for Pax Brittanica to work? I've tried playing a few starts with England on Island Plates and I never got the melee unit when creating cities on different islands. Does that not count as a separate 'continent'? If not - does anyone know how to tell where continental divides occur?
You can use the lenses. There is one called continent and it tells you where you are at. Very useful with Britain because you will only get that unit on a different continent. Each landmass may be divided into several continents

You can use the lenses. There is one called continent and it tells you where you are at. Very useful with Britain because you will only get that unit on a different continent. Each landmass may be divided into several continents

Ah thanks! I never noticed that - very helpful.

Are there any downsides to keeping a bunch of apostles around for theological combat who have only 1 charge remaining?

Can someone please advise me how to kill off enemy Great Admirals when at war. I have just had 3 AI declare war on me and have about six frigates and a couple of caravels. Tried with the stronger frigate but cannot figure out the unusual zone of control - really frustrating!

Great People cannot be killed in this game. Whenever a hostile unit moves onto the tile with any great person, the GP is teleported to the nearest friendly city.

Are there any downsides to keeping a bunch of apostles around for theological combat who have only 1 charge remaining?
I would say yes if you have to defend a lot. The charge is about conversion but they still work fine as defenders.
But this depends on a few things. What kind of upgrade was chosen. If it was martyr I may try to kill the off to get a relic (as long as I have space for them). If it has an upgrade that gives money or eliminates foreign religions I may use them to convert instead. And a bunch is probably too much to have. You may only need 3 but this depends on neighbours map etc

Top Bottom