1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. George is Angry

George is Angry Chieftain

Lameeeeeeeeeeeee. Righto, thanks for the responses, mate.

2. jsteele14

jsteele14 Chieftain

Where can I see how close a unit is to getting a promotion?

3. TheGypsy

TheGypsy Chieftain

Ah, it's in the first ring around another city, so that explains it. You can swap strategic resources, or at least pastured horses, if it's not directly next to a city.

4. jsteele14

jsteele14 Chieftain

No need to reply to this. I see it at the very bottom of the unit now. Practically need a microscope to see it.

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  5. scl004

scl004 Chieftain

Super basic question: how do I make naval units? Do cities still have to be built directly on the water or can I build inland a bit and put a harbor or something on the coast?

6. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Took a city and it says "occupied city: no growth" How do I get rid of that?

7. Awahso

Awahso Chieftain

I know you guys have seen the other posts on this but.

Ordered 25th. Anv. Edition from Amazon. They screwed me. Said they cant guarantee delivery before the 1st of November-and even then they say they are unsure. Bonus content worth waiting out, or should I say screw it and just buy on steam?

8. jsteele14

jsteele14 Chieftain

When you have just produced something and need to start something else, where does it tell you what was just produced in case you forgot what you were building?

9. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

Psrt
    Partially created buildings, units, etc. have a partially filled in orange bar near them.

10. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

You can build them in a harbor district no matter where the city center is as well as in the city center if it is on the coast.

scl004 likes this.
  11. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

It will also give you a tooltip if you hover over it.

12. sav

sav Prince

How do I declare a war that isn't a surprise one? I denounced Pedro yonks ago, but there's still no option but surprise war. It's not a surprise, we've hated each other for centuries!

EDIT: The option just popped up! I guess it takes longer than I thought.

Still haven't figured out how to sentry a unit yet though.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  13. Mondoflow

Mondoflow Chieftain

Is there anywhere you can see how much culture it takes to expand your borders?

14. oedali

oedali King

Is there a way to see what trade deals you have with other civs, similar to Civ 5? I cannot find it anywhere. e.g. I traded one horse for AI's dyes for 30 turns but once I make the deal there is no way to reference it

jptrrs likes this.
  15. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Chieftain

When a Missionary approaches a city a ring appears around the city. What is this?

16. lorrydriverjr

lorrydriverjr Warlord

What are Arabia's, Russia's and Sumeria's agenda's called? (don't own the game)

17. Cile

Cile Chieftain

The ring around the city shows what portion of the city is following each religion in that city, each religion has it's own colour. In the picture you posted 75% of the city is following whichever religion is the turtle symbol, and 25% has no religion.

Sometimes when I'm trying to convert cities the ring doesn't show up at all, anyone know why? (I'll see rings on some cities but not others, and it can change in later turns.)

Lunchmoney likes this.
  18. Cile

Cile Chieftain

Is there some condition that must be met before my apostle's can initiate Theological Combat?

I have an apostle with the 'Debater' upgrade (+20 combat strength). It's the start of my turn, the apostle has not performed any action and is standing beside another Civ's Missionary (Which happens to be standing beside my city). Mousing over the missionary is showing me an overwhelming victory, but right clicking does nothing. Am I missing something obvious?

19. oedali

oedali King

I noticed it does not show the ring if there is no majority religion in the city.. Which is confusing

20. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Silverdawn is correct, but to expand on his answer: If the city center is on the coast, you can start building galleys immediately after researching Sailing. If the city center is not on the coast, then you must first build a harbor district on a coastal tile that is inside your city's culture borders, so your city's borders need to expand that far (or you need to buy tiles that far) and you must have researched Celestial Navigation (a Classical Era tech) and built the harbor. So it will take considerably longer to commence the naval portion of your game if you do not settle on the coast. Of course, whether that delay matters depends on the map and your goals for the game.

scl004 likes this.