1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Jacez

Jacez Chieftain

For my question: Is it known if the districts get more expensive the more you build them across your empire?

2. Jacez

Jacez Chieftain

My guess is that might be something they accidentally left in the game? If you look at the 'Great Works,Relics, And Artifacts' page in civilopedia it clearly states there are five types: Writing, Art, Music, Artifacts and Relics.
    Maybe Writing great works used to be sculptures in earlier builds?

3. Jacez

Jacez Chieftain

I think only strategic resources is show in the top. You can see your luxuries by clicking the View Reports button at the same location and pressing the Resources tab, then you'll see them summarized at the bottom.

4. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Chieftain

How do I build a seaside resort? I have the radio tech, my advisor told me it would be a great time to build one, I have a builder on a Coastal Grassland tile with Breathtaking (5) appeal, but the build seaside resort button is grayed out.

I'm thinking I'm missing some sort of rule on building them but the Civilopedia only says it must be on Coastal Desert, Coastal Plains, or Coastal Grassland with a minimum appeal of Breathtaking.

5. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

They changed it to what Jacez mentions. It was done in the past few weeks as it only appeared that way in the most recent streams.

6. Falk

Falk Prince

Possible, but I am now assuming that sculptures are a sub-category of Great Works of Art. It's explained nowhere (as with previous Civ games the civilopedia is a mess), but it's the only thing that makes sense. So I'm going to wait until a Great Artist comes up that (hopefully) produces Sculptures.

7. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

With the governor in the city UI area, you can click the circles under the yields. If you click it one, it turns on focus. If you click it again, it sets it to ignore and if click again goes back to unselected. You can set each selector separately.

If you set food to ignore that should at least slow growth. In the images below I set food to ignore and production to focus and then moused over each one for the tooltip.

Spoiler :

governor_ignore_food.PNG

governor_focus_production.PNG

8. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

These were a couple great people seen during the Let's Plays:

Michelangelo (Renaissance Era): Sistine Chapel Ceiling (Religious Art), Pieta (Sculpture), and David (Sculpture)
    Donatello (Renaissance Era): Saint Mark (Sculpture) and Gattamelata (Sculpture) and Judith Slaying Holofernes (Sculpture)

The are about eight subtypes of Great Works. You can hover over the slot in your palace to see them.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  9. Ranbir

Ranbir Civ junkie

I know that part, but there isn't a chart or indication about what triggers the amenities requirements to rise...since it looks on the face of it to be inconsistent between cities.

10. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Chieftain

The only thing I can think of right now is that you can't build them on Hills. My tile is breathtaking but hilly.

11. George is Angry

George is Angry Chieftain

Is there any way to purchase tiles like in Civ 5?

12. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yes. When you have selected a city, one of the buttons on the top of the city action panel (with a gold symbol on it) opens the buy tile interface.

13. TheGypsy

TheGypsy Chieftain

Does anybody understand how tile sharing works? I am able to swap most tiles from one city to another, but I have a pasture tile that won't swap, and I can't swap districts either.

Speaking of districts, I'm not seeing a command on either cities or builders to raze a district. Am I stuck with them once I construct them?

14. jsteele14

jsteele14 Chieftain

I am embarrassed to ask this question but can someone tell me where I go to see in how many turns my borders will grow? I cannot find it anywhere. thanks.

15. Browd

There appears to be no display for cultural border expansion, comparable to the pink tile outlining display in Civ V.

16. Browd

Once a district is built, it is forever -- can't be removed or replaced with anything else and can't be swapped between cities. (Same applies to wonders.)

Not sure why your pasture tile can't swap -- a screenshot might be useful. Note that you can't swap any of the 6 tiles in the first ring around a city center tile. Also, if the pasture is for horses, I don't think strategic resource tiles can be swapped (but don't hold me to that).

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  17. George is Angry

About how long does it take to get a great prophet? I'm at 1200 faith and it's turn 211, 550AD (on epic speed), and still no great prophet.

18. Browd

Faith is largely irrelevant for Great Prophets. You use Great Prophet Points to obtain the right to buy a Great Prophet. (You can also use gold or faith, but it takes a very large amount and is a manual process, not something that happens automatically.)

Go to the Great People screen (it's one of the buttons on the World Tracker dialog box at the top left of the screen). If you have 1200 faith, I wouldn't be surprised if all Great Prophets have been taken. If that is the case, there will be a gaping hole in the center of the Great People screen. If all Great Prophets are gone, you will not be able to found a religion. You can also check the Religion screen -- at the top right, you will see how many religions have been founded vs. the maximum number that can be founded.

19. George is Angry

Do more prophets open up as time or eras go buy? There are 6/7 religions right now but no more prophets to buy :/

20. Browd

Nope. Once they are all gone, they are all gone.

We can only speculate about why the last prophet wasn't used to start a religion. Perhaps the civ that generated that prophet lost its cities with Holy Sites (a prophet has to be standing on a holy site or on Stonehenge to found a religion).