LOL no leyran i am absolutely sure the message was they dominanat over me, i got a message in the side bar lol tourist icon in red telling me this.. but i ahve a little suspicion this is on purpose this happened to me before, both times i just managed a nero victory and the proverb there is something like not believing what you is told lol, and i did notice this kind of little teases in civ before so it could be that

Is it more efficient to spread religion using apostles or missionaries?

If there are no other religions present in the target area - then missionaries will work quite well. Otherwise apostles (especially with certain promotions) will do a better job.

Hello! I played the daylights out of Civ V (1400 hours) usually on Emperor but have beaten the game on Immortal and Deity as well. I bought Civ 6 Day 1....and as per usual haven't touched the game outside of maybe 40 minutes.

My question is is their a standard build order anymore? The game I want to continue I am playing as America. I understand barbarians are more of a concern now but was wondering if there is a good city improvement order, etc.

Thanks for any info.

Hello! I played the daylights out of Civ V (1400 hours) usually on Emperor but have beaten the game on Immortal and Deity as well. I bought Civ 6 Day 1....and as per usual haven't touched the game outside of maybe 40 minutes.

My question is is their a standard build order anymore? The game I want to continue I am playing as America. I understand barbarians are more of a concern now but was wondering if there is a good city improvement order, etc.

Thanks for any info.

There's no universal agreement on it, I believe, and I'm not sold one way or the other myself. Typically, it's prudent to at least have one or two military units somewhere early (think first four builds) for the chance of a barbarian scout finding you before you find their camp, for the rest you'll most likely want to build a Monument early-ish because base border expansion is pretty slow and early game civic tree also doesn't have any speed in it otherwise, and of course the goal is to expand as fast as possible without opening yourself up to barbarians or other civs looking for some cheese (this is something civ v sorely lacked, by the way, the "expand as fast as possible" phase for the first fifty turns or so of the game). So yeah, typically, you'll want your first four builds be a warrior/slinger, monument, settler/builder and scout, with the order depending on personal preference (though probably not starting with monument). Of course, different games may call for different build orders, and additionally you may wait with the builder and then buy it once you've got 200 gold (standard speed); this is in time to get the eureka for craftmanship (improve 3 tiles), and it means you save a few turns on your first few buys, and that gold is otherwise just lying around there waiting.

I usually go scout > builder > slinger > settler > settler > settler (you get the idea) but it depends on the barb situation.

What is the Restart button supposed to do? I was playing yesterday and didn't fancy the look of my starting location on the Earth map (not TSL) but when it reloaded I was in exactly the same spot. I tried again and yup, same spot. Bug or by design?

What's really annoying is that I went back to the main menu, setup a totally new game with the same settings and ended up in the same bloody spot AGAIN!

I usually go scout > builder > slinger > settler > settler > settler (you get the idea) but it depends on the barb situation.

What is the Restart button supposed to do? I was playing yesterday and didn't fancy the look of my starting location on the Earth map (not TSL) but when it reloaded I was in exactly the same spot. I tried again and yup, same spot. Bug or by design?

What's really annoying is that I went back to the main menu, setup a totally new game with the same settings and ended up in the same bloody spot AGAIN!

Uhm... That does kind of sound like you do have TSL active...

If not, I don't know. I don't play Earth maps myself, I feel like it takes out the exploration for a large part. Oh and they're too small.

Definitely not TSL, I was the Aztecs and kept getting dropped in India!

I don't usually play Earth maps either, I prefer the random nature of a new world. Thought I'd give it a go but I might just go back to what I know best.

Thanks for any info.
Depends on map type and difficulty, imo. Continents and Pangaea increase the need for early military, especially on Immortal and Deity. If you have a bit of space, I recommend Slinger -> Builder -> Settler and then whatever's needed.

LOL no leyran i am absolutely sure the message was they dominanat over me, i got a message in the side bar lol tourist icon in red telling me this.. but i ahve a little suspicion this is on purpose this happened to me before, both times i just managed a nero victory and the proverb there is something like not believing what you is told lol, and i did notice this kind of little teases in civ before so it could be that
i noticed more times that th eAi is lying lol trough the oponents and in other ways too it seems to be part of civ6 and i love to be honnest

i noticed more times that th eAi is lying lol trough the oponents and in other ways too it seems to be part of civ6 and i love to be honnest

Any chance you can work on your grammar, punctuation, etc? I honestly don't know what you mean with this post.

Does Stonehenge give you an apostle, if you had a religion already?

I can't think of any other reason why I just got an Apsotle, coincidentally the same turn I got Stonehenge...

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it Robert Goddard's 20% towards space race projects is applied twice if you have the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus?

I've played two games of Civ6 after almost a year of inactivity, and I had the same thing happen both times.

I converted an AI civilization to my religion, but they continued producing their old religion's missionaries and apostles and flipped their cities back. I was under the impression that cities could only produce the religious units of the current dominant religion. Is the AI still churning out their old religion units a bug or a feature?

Top Bottom