Huey Teocalli question

It says lake tiles within 1...does that count the space the wonder is sitting on? Zero is less than one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huey Teocalli question

It says lake tiles within 1...does that count the space the wonder is sitting on? Zero is less than one.

Pretty sure it does.

Hey! Could someone please enlighten me about:
  • what compensation the player [or AI] gets if someone finishes a world wonder before they do?
  • is tourism good anything other than tourism victory? [i'm thinking about like in BNW, where a massive tourism could cause tons of unhappiness in other civs]
  • are there any penalties going wide? [either by settling or conquering, other than the district costs and the amenities (which good for only 4 cities)]
Thanks in advance!

Hey! Could someone please enlighten me about:
  • what compensation the player [or AI] gets if someone finishes a world wonder before they do?
  • is tourism good anything other than tourism victory? [i'm thinking about like in BNW, where a massive tourism could cause tons of unhappiness in other civs]
  • are there any penalties going wide? [either by settling or conquering, other than the district costs and the amenities (which good for only 4 cities)]
Thanks in advance!

None, no, no.

As for district costs, these actually scale with game time, independant of how many you have. You do, however, get a reduction for districts that you have less than average of (your own average). Of course, settler cost does increase.

I should know this having played the game a year, but evidently I've never needed them. What are formations? I have a general idea, but I don't remember seeing any way to make them.

If you really feel the need to keep track of it, use the paper, Luke

Or do what I do and use the markers on the map to make notes for yourself. I usually put notes out in the ocean close to my empire.

I bought Civ VI on the original release day, and I bought the more expensive option, deluxe or whatever it was called.

Today I logged onto Steam and I noticed that the newest DLC (Khmer & Indonesia) has been added to my "owned" DLC list.
So I got the new DLC without buying it separately. This is nice of course, but is it intended? And if it is, what exactly is included in the "deluxe" or whatever version that was the more expensive of two options on original release day?
I remember they gave some number back then, that we should be getting x number of future DLCs without additional payment, but what is the current status? What are we getting as original "deluxe" customers?

*edit* funnily, in-game, all the new DLC and much of the OLD DLC had been ticked "disabled" and I had to tick them enabled myself. Yes, including stuff I had always had enabled before.

Last edited:
Yes, it is intended. Originally, the Deluxe edition was supposed to be 4 free DLCs, but because there were places where buying DLCs seperately was actually cheaper than buying the Deluxe edition, they also added DLC 5 and 6 to the Deluxe edition. Khmer and Indonesia is DLC 6.

OK I'm a long time civ player but this has me stumped. I cannot figure out the mechanics for adding a district to a city. I've clicked on everything in sight, tried dragging the district over and I'm out of ideas. The manual mentions a district lens that should show up but I haven't seen it. I looked at 3 or 4 youtube videos but all they do is go over the different types of districts. Not one that I could find actually shows someone creating one. Thanks for any help.

OK I'm a long time civ player but this has me stumped. I cannot figure out the mechanics for adding a district to a city. I've clicked on everything in sight, tried dragging the district over and I'm out of ideas. The manual mentions a district lens that should show up but I haven't seen it. I looked at 3 or 4 youtube videos but all they do is go over the different types of districts. Not one that I could find actually shows someone creating one. Thanks for any help.

You go into "build menu" where you build all city buildings. Available districts appear on that menu. You click on the district of your choice and then the game shows you available hexes where you can place it. Once you choose the location, the city will start building the district as if it was any normal city structure; the end product simply appears on the hex where you placed it and not inside the city center. Districts have certain population limits, they may appear darkened on the build menu if you don't have sufficient city population to allow building districts at that point.

NOTE: You cannot place a district on a feature (like forest or jungle) if you do not have the technology to chop it.

NOTE: You cannot place a district on a feature (like forest or jungle) if you do not have the technology to chop it.

This is important, as I couldn't figure out on my Khmer game why I couldn't place an early holy site on jungle (snuggled on a river between 4 mountains-sweet), had to research bronze working first.

Other times you may have to purchase tiles, or swap tiles with your nearby city in order to place the district where you want.

Is there a way to revive my religion?

Playing as Khmer, I founded a cool religion which provides even more housing and food, but, unfortunately, I started next to Gitarja, who spammed missionaries spreading her own religion. Now she's converted all of my cities. Can I somehow make it rise again?

Is there a way to revive my religion?

Playing as Khmer, I founded a cool religion which provides even more housing and food, but, unfortunately, I started next to Gitarja, who spammed missionaries spreading her own religion. Now she's converted all of my cities. Can I somehow make it rise again?

Only if you have missionaries or apostles of your religion from before she converted a city of yours with a holy site. You can use them to convert it back. If not, you'll only be able to create religious units of the new faith.

i was playing as teddy rooseveld was going very well strange thing though, my culture per turn something like 658 tourisism 678 i got 2 notices that one after an other sumer and india where cultural dominant over me one had 50 tourist en 70 culture opther something like that lol, and about 15 turns later i had a culture victory i am a bit flabergasted by these warnings?? any one noticed this too??

i was playing as teddy rooseveld was going very well strange thing though, my culture per turn something like 658 tourisism 678 i got 2 notices that one after an other sumer and india where cultural dominant over me one had 50 tourist en 70 culture opther something like that lol, and about 15 turns later i had a culture victory i am a bit flabergasted by these warnings?? any one noticed this too??

Are you sure the warnings weren't that you were culturally dominant over them?

Top Bottom