1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Candido Rondon

Candido Rondon Chieftain

I've played two games of Civ6 after almost a year of inactivity, and I had the same thing happen both times.

I converted an AI civilization to my religion, but they continued producing their old religion's missionaries and apostles and flipped their cities back. I was under the impression that cities could only produce the religious units of the current dominant religion. Is the AI still churning out their old religion units a bug or a feature?

2. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec King

You know that place by the other place...
    As long as they have a city with a Temple that still has their religion, they can continue to pump out units of their religion... this is by design. Only if you convert all the cities that have a religious district will they not be able to produce units of their religion... they can; however, produces religious units of your religion.

Candido Rondon likes this.
  3. Candido Rondon

Candido Rondon Chieftain

I'm pretty sure they were still producing religious units in a city that I had already converted. I had a few Missionaries and Apostles in the area and a Hindu Guru appeared seemingly out of nowhere even though I'd converted all the other cities of theirs on the continent. I mean, it's possible the unit was off roving someplace else and snuck back in without me seeing, but this is two games now where I've seen this happen.

4. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

The food bonus from three farms in a triangle sometimes doesn't seem to work - why is that? Is it because of hills involved? Does it have to be flat land?

Edit: No, seems to not work when one of the farms is on a resource such as wheat or rice. Is this intended?

5. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I don't think so. They've always given extra as far as I'm aware...

6. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Maybe it's plains, not grassland and you missed the production? Considering you're talking about hills I assume it won't be that you don't have Feudalism yet.

nzcamel likes this.
  7. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Wait a second, it doesn't work on plains? Then that's why I guess. What do you mean by I missed the production? And yes, I do have Feudalism.

8. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

It does work on Plains, but maybe you thought it was grassland and were like "there should be one food more", and that's also what I mean with "missed the production". I've had it myself that I thought "there should be one food more here", and then I took a better look and realized the tile also granted a production and was apparently a plains tile.

nzcamel likes this.
  9. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Ah, I get your point. But no, I turned yields on and hit the "build farm" button on my worker, and in most cases you can see how the neighboured two farms increase their food, but sometimes they don't.

10. Rosty K

Rosty K King

How do I see how many citizens are following which religion in a city using the new religious lens? Has to be there somewhere, but I can't figure it out.

True, I can now tell if my unit will convert the city just by hovering over it, but sometimes I'd like to know whether I want to move my unit there at all.

11. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

You need to click on the thingy below the city bar.

12. shadowplay

shadowplay (boss music)

I have some incense in my territory, completely surrounded by mountain. Is there any way to obtain it?

13. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

No :undecide:

14. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

What does the 'friendly meeting: +2' relationship modifier actually refer to?

15. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

A random modifier to the relation when you meet them. I believe it's something like every difficulty level has a standard modifier which then gets adjusted by up to four, and it starts at like +2 for Settler and goes down to -6 for Deity on average, with the modifier then being +6 to -2 for Settler and -2 to -10 for Deity, and of course difficulty levels in between having modifiers in between.

If I remember @Victoria's research right, it degrades with 1 per 10 turns on standard speed.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  16. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Friendly meeting is quite different to "First impressions" which I think @Leyrann is referring to.
    Friendly meeting is a seemingly random modifier that can occur whenever a meeting goes well, it seems to pop up more on first meetings where you also strike a deal. So for example In a more peaceful game I will be exploring around T80 to meet other civs and on meeting them I will send an envoy and also open borders both ways (seems to be no cost on meeting) which together gives me +6 which counteracts most first impressions but sometimes will be +8 for a friendly meeting. I would have to check but I think that is 1/20 or at least used to be.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  17. KyivanRusCivPlease

By the way, when I had around 3 gold in my treasury, and wanted to make a seemingly free-of-charge deal (don't remember which one), the respective button was greyed out saying I don't have enough gold) Have you come across something like this?

18. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

No I have not but I am rarely so tight on gold and if I am I am doing everything to make it at least 10 GPT. Being out of money in this game is dangerous.
    I can only guess you were being siphoned by a spy or two different calculation screens were incorrect or a GPT deal you had was about to expire.

19. KyivanRusCivPlease

No, I had so little money just because I upgraded a few units) But what I mean is some agreement (alliance maybe) requires about 5-10 gold. It may be a bug though.

20. Blue Odin

Blue Odin Chieftain

Does anybody know if "Formal War" is a Casus Belli and meets the inspiration for Nationalism? it is listed under the Casus Belli menu but I have never tried it.