1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Chirthorpe

Chirthorpe Chieftain

Not sure if this is the right place to put this since it's mod-related, but I'm looking for ideas on ability/agenda names and reading up on some of these leaders isn't helping me much xD

Can anyone suggest some Agenda/Ability names for Edmund Barton of Australia and an Agenda name for Queen Anne of England? :p Thanks in advance.

2. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Glass of water?

3. Chirthorpe

Chirthorpe Chieftain

Weird, but after looking it up, I like it. :D Still open to suggestions, of course.

4. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Not a question, but I didn't know where to share this...

Turn 347, all civs in game, and I haven't met any of them yet.

I find this unusual enough to be remarkable.

5. Chirthorpe

Chirthorpe Chieftain

Very unusual. I can't even work out if that's actually possible...are you sure there are actually other civs?

Then again I guess there is the offchance you might be trapped behind a mountain/ice barrier no civ can get through.

6. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Chieftain

How much of the world have you uncovered with your scouts, caravels, etc? How does your score compare to all the unmet civs on the victory screen?

7. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

There is no score. I started on a large island with some tundra, so near the bottom of the map. I'm on marathon x 7. I went astrology ---> sailing (1 small river, so it took awhile to gather science as my cities are stunted - really no tiles for farms either).

Finally met Hattusa on a smaller island next to me, then a few civs when I finally was able to explore.

Poland and Spain are roughly my size, Greece, Brazil, Kongo, and Germany are smaller.

4 civs have been wiped out.

8. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

What does "blob" stand for?

9. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

A "blob" is a formless pile of stuff, and on these forums it's often used to refer to a "civilization" that consisted of many different cultures/nations/etc. The Native American blob from Civ IV, for example, would consist of Sioux, Iroqouis, Apache, etc. (I'll admit my own knowledge of native american civilizations beyond those appearing in the Civ series is limited)

Greywulf likes this.
  10. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you.

11. liv

liv Warlord

More of a "duh" than a question but I lost my capital in my current game and then took it back and only later I realized by palace is in my second city. I assume there is no issue with that ?? Maybe in RF there would be

12. Baba Yetu VI

Baba Yetu VI Chieftain

Just bought the expansion from steam. But it's not showing up in the library. And when I clicked on the game, it says it is queueing for update, but it always says timeout, what is the workaround it?

13. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

I didn't get an answer in the other thread I asked:

What does "team" mean in R&F? There are now options in advanced setup for "Shared Team Visibility" and "No Teams." Does team=alliance or is it something else?

14. Ashandalar

Ashandalar Chieftain

Teams let two or more players work together towards a shared victory in a multiplayer game. They have to be set up in the pre-game lobby and cannot be changed during the game. Before R&F, team members were in a permanent alliance and there was a "shared alliance visibility" option, but since alliances have been reworked, with the Cree and military alliances having alliance vision as a bonus, that option seems to have moved to teams instead.

ferretbacon likes this.
  15. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Chieftain

Please rephrase these two changes taken from the latest base game patch notes:
    • Great Admirals and Great Generals have a combat bonus and a movement bonus, they no longer stack.
    • Abundant resource will spawn sea luxuries.

16. Cyberian

Cyberian Chieftain

Does the Cree UU (or just a scout) get any bonus from:

• ancient melee units card (probably not because melee unit? but I heard the patch changed stuff)
    • encampment/barracks bonus?
    • flanking together with other units? (probably yes but I didnt pay attention)

17. pgm123

pgm123 Chieftain

Is there a list of mods that are Rise and Fall compliant?

18. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

There's not even a list of mods. Most mods that have new posts in their thread will have those posts be about it, and if there's no new posts you can just tag the modder in that thread and ask. Alternatively you can just try. If it's not compatable the game tends to not even start.

19. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

How do I get a discount on military upgrades?

I know it's got to be there somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2018
  20. Erfael78

Erfael78 Chieftain

I’m playing my first game as Korea, standard speed, low difficulty. Eurekas and inspirations are contributing less than 50%. On some streams I’ve watched from the preview build, this isn’t the case. I can’t find any patch notes on this or mention that it’s Korea-specific (in order to offset their large science potential?). Any thoughts?