1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Randy Random

Randy Random Chieftain

This is an opinion question, but I'm curious... I have Vanilla, the Rise and Fall Expansion, and Aztecs, but I haven't purchased the Poland, Australia, Persia/Macedonia, Nubia, or Khmer/Indonesia civ packs. They're sitting in my cart in steam and they're not on sale. They're like $33 all together. Should I wait until they go on sale? I hate to reward the game studio's monetization of every little thing, but I also want that stuff lol.

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Do I need more civics or techs to make more than 2 alliances in the game? I'm playing as the cree and quickly want to get up to max alliances. I'm still fairly early, but I seem to be restricted to 2 at the moment, and I don't know why.

edit: I eventually got them, though I'm not exactly sure what civics gave it. Probably Diplomatic Service.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

They've been on sale before, so they'll probably go on sale again. The content is good, but yeah, those 7 civs are more expensive together than R&F while R&F does have more content.

Australia, Nubia and Indonesia in particular are some of the most fun civs though, and I suppose Macodon is a lot of fun if you love warmongering (I personally tend to enjoy warmongering more on empire building civs, but I guess I'm just weird).

Oh and Jadwiga is just adorable.

4. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

So the Sumerian knight moved in one turn from the mined hill next to Amsterdam to the tile it is right now, killing my Archer. By my count, the marsh costs 3 movement and the grassland 1, which means he would not have 1 remaining to attack the archer.

Am I missing something or is the AI cheating?

Spoiler :

upload_2018-2-12_17-55-56.png

5. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Is there are thread somewhere that compiles changes to existing game features since release of RNF? I just pumped a handful of envoys into Carthage only to realize that it has been stripped of its glory as part of the new expansion. :cry:

6. xjzorbtpwqimay

xjzorbtpwqimay Chieftain

The marsh has a movement cost of 2.

Leyrann likes this.
  7. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Oops.

I'll send my apologies to the Archer's family.

xjzorbtpwqimay likes this.
  8. Randy Random

Randy Random Chieftain

Is there a way to set the default UI so that the grid is off and the grid and resource icons are on?

9. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

What happens if a seowon (korean campus) is surrounded by 6 districts?

Adjaceny = 4 - 6 = -2? Or does it just stop at 0? (I assume it probably just stops at 0)

10. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Not entirely sure what you mean, but one of the buttons above the minimap opens a small menu that can turn the grid, resource icons and yields on and off.

If you're already aware of that and are wondering whether there's an option where you have it in a different configuration as standard when loading a game or starting a new one, I'm afraid I can't help you with that. I sure want to forward that question to someone who might know though.

11. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

With Ancestral Hall built, does any city receive +50% to settler building or just this particular one?
    If governor Llang reassigned to another city, do fishery and/or city park in previous one stay?

12. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I believe it's every city, but I might be mistaken.
    Fishery and city park stay. So you move her around from city to city improving them all one by one.

13. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

A question about warmonger penalties:

Scenario: I want to wipe out Monti but also liberate 3 japanese cities from him. Is it better to declare a liberation war or a formal war to keep penalties as low as possible?
    Or in other words. Does taking and keeping cities in a liberation war count as a surprise war (+50% penalties) or a formal war (normal penalties)?

I hope someone can help! Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  14. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I'm not entirely certain, but I think it would count as a formal war.

15. Lupine

Lupine Chieftain

Can you only have 1 Ordu?
    It shows the cost to build in the Civilipedia as 120 production and barracks as 90.

My second encampment has a 10 turn build on barracks and 52 turn build for Ordu. So I just built the barracks.

Third encampment is 2 turn build on barracks and 999+ for Ordu.

What gives?

16. Lupine

Lupine Chieftain

On follow up it is only 720 gold to buy it out right.

17. Randy Random

Randy Random Chieftain

That one.

18. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Is there a list of everything that R&F changed? For example, vanilla civ changes, vanilla suzerain bonus changes, wonder requirements etc. I keep finding new things that I didn't epxect and want to just reference a list

2nd question: Do you have to work a culture-giving tile to get tourism from it (after getting flight)? Ex. can I build a Chemamull or Chateau 4 tiles from a city and still get tourism even though I can't work it?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2018
  19. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rise-and-fall-features-thread.624895/

You don't have to work them for the tourism, but you do for other yields.

20. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Thanks. Although I looked at the first page of that thread and theres no mention of changed suzerain bonuses, so there may be other missing things too. Maybe they're later in the thread, but... it's a long thread