1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Chieftain

Problem solved. You were right. I did have the production queue mod installed, but it was six months ago and I didn't start to play until this week, so I had forgotten. Once I deleted it, everything worked. Thanks for taking your time to discuss this issue with me.

2. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Chieftain

Question: I tried to build an industrial zone in my capital (population 8) and was told no, the minimum population requirement is 10. But I can build it in any of my smaller cities without any objections. Why is that?

3. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

@Rusty Nail You can only build one District per every 3 population except for your first one, which only requires one population. So a new District can be built @ 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, ... Do you already have three districts built in your city? If so, then you'll have to wait until you have 10 population to build another District (i.e. Industrial Zone, etc.).

4. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Chieftain

Ah, then I understand. I have two now (besides the city center) and one more in the queue. Many thanks.

5. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Chieftain

Question about Merchant Republic goverment, which I have right now. There are no extra trade routes and no indication of 10 % more gold for cities with a governor. Have these two things been dropped in R&F? Or is there some other explanation?

What are "leveraged units" ? And what does "leveraging city state armies" mean. I don't see the word explained anywhere in the civilopedia.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018
  6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

You can pay money to use a city-states military units for your own use for a certain amount of turns (this may depend on game speed).

Anyone know how the envoy bonus for the level 2 economic alliance works? I don't understand how they explain it in the description.

7. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

To add to Disgustipated response, you have to be Suzerain of that City-State for the option to leverage to appear to you, otherwise you can't !

8. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Does anybody know if the Aquatics center would help with tourism for the Huey Teocalli?

9. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

It would probably work for lake wonders too. Most things that work for coast also work for lake, unless it's specified they do not.

10. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Chieftain

I am using an Observation Balloon adjacent to a field cannon and an artillery in order to get a bombard range of three (nice when the city only has a range of two), but it isn't working. Is this a bug or have I misunderstood its function?

11. Jaybe

Jaybe Chieftain Supporter

Balloons affect only siege, not ranged (the field cannon).

12. KaptainK714

KaptainK714 Chieftain

I have another issue with religious aspect. Now i do not have the option of choosing increase faith from desert tiles next to Holy Site. My game is on King level and playing Gorgo. Previously the option to purchase inquisitor was missing and was told had to use option with apostle. Not sure if these are issues with civ i'm playing or difficulty level

13. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

All pantheons and beliefs can only be picked once, so another civ likely already picked the pantheon before you had the chance.

For the inquisitor, not sure if you got the answer already and are just referring to it or if you don't understand how it works, you need to use "Launch Inquisition" with an Apostle with at least 3 spread charges left, and then you can start buying Inquisitors.

14. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Only one civ/religion can have each belief. If a belief is not available, it is because another civ took that belief (in your example, the Desert Folklore pantheon belief).

To purchase inquisitors, you need to do two things: (1) burn an apostle to "Launch Inquisition" and (2) purchase inquisitors in cities that have a temple and have your religion (you don't want to inadvertently buy inquisitors that have the wrong religion).

15. KaptainK714

KaptainK714 Chieftain

the pantheon was not taken by another civ i was first to get to choose pantheon and desert folklore was not on the list.
    thanks was not aware of launch inquisition with apostle first will try that

16. Equilin

Equilin Chieftain

How can you know you are the first? Civ6 has no notifications on who got which pantheon you know.

17. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

This may not apply to this individual's case, but you can find that information in one of the game logs (I can't remember which one - AI_Religious maybe?). Additionally, there are at least a couple mods I know of that add notifications when Pantheons and Religions are founded.

18. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Chieftain

I have this city that the program says has no production. but there is a production queue of five items and I cannot end the turn or do anything else. Amenities is -1 and the city is "unhappy". Can this be the reason? What can I do to break the deadlock?

19. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Most likely the production queue is from a mod that isn't updated and doesn't work with the version of the game you're using. Have you tried emptying the queue?

20. Unikornus

Unikornus Chieftain

When people say stuff like "chop a Pyramids" or whatever, what are they referring to? I often see "Magnus" in conjunction to this as well.