Does extra era points (e.g. max golden era points) cumulate over the next era?

No.

The era score required to get into a dark/normal/golden age for the next era is the score you have the first turn of that era + 12 + 5*golden ages - 5*dark ages + 1*cities for a normal age and another 12 for a Golden Age.

So if you have 3 cities and 24 era points when the Classical Era starts, exactly getting you into a Golden Age (you need 24 points for that), you then need 24 + 12 + 5 + 3 = 44 points for a normal age, of which you need to achieve 20 in the Classical Era.
If you had the same situation but with 32 points, you'd need 32 + 12 + 5 + 3 = 52 points, of which you again need to achieve 20 points in the Classical Era.

Hi guys... just back from vacation, playing my first R&F game... 2 quick questions:

1) I got an emergency icon (right side of UA screen) for an emergency (Huge red exclamation mark) but couldn't do anything with it... clicking on it did nothing, and I never got the page explaining what teh emergency was, nor was I ever offered to join in or not... Later on (I suppose some 25-30 turns...) got another message saying the Amanitore won the emergency... Is this normal ? Are there emergencies conditions that make it so NOT everyone is invited in ??? Or is this a bug I should report ?

2) IS the cede city bug fixed ? I haven't seen anything on the subject on the forum

Thx

Hi guys... just back from vacation, playing my first R&F game... 2 quick questions:

1) I got an emergency icon (right side of UA screen) for an emergency (Huge red exclamation mark) but couldn't do anything with it... clicking on it did nothing, and I never got the page explaining what teh emergency was, nor was I ever offered to join in or not... Later on (I suppose some 25-30 turns...) got another message saying the Amanitore won the emergency... Is this normal ? Are there emergencies conditions that make it so NOT everyone is invited in ??? Or is this a bug I should report ?

2) IS the cede city bug fixed ? I haven't seen anything on the subject on the forum

Thx

1. For city-state emergencies, you're only invited if you have envoys in the city-state. Some others might have requirements as well. Additionally, you're never invited for an emergency against an ally, except if it is a betrayal emergency.

2. I don't know, just don't bother ceding and everything will work fine for certain.

Colleseum requires an adjacent Entertainment district. My question is- does it have to be a disctrict in the same city or can it be a neighboring city.

Does Robert Goddard's (a Modern Era Great Engineer) unique ability (+20% Production towards Space Race projects) only apply to the one city in which he is used?

Quick question, I had this issue with regards to Fabricate Scandal.

I had my spy in Zanibar, which 8 of 12 Civs had a governor in trying to flip to their size due to the 12 amenity suzerain bonus.
I would succeed in smear campaign and everyone's envoys would drop from the teens to 5, and a few turns later they are back up.

Do Civs recover lost envoys and they simply reassign them back to the city or is this feature bugger?

In R&F I have received two notifications that there have been emergencies declares against other civs in my most recent game (Bruce, immortal, standard). However I was not invited to even make a choice to join on either occasion. How does the game chose who gets to be in on an emergency?

In R&F I have received two notifications that there have been emergencies declares against other civs in my most recent game (Bruce, immortal, standard). However I was not invited to even make a choice to join on either occasion. How does the game chose who gets to be in on an emergency?

For city states (the most common type) it invites those who had envoys in the city state. It also never invites allies of the target, except with a betrayal emergency. Other emergencies may also have limitations but I don't know those.

And of course you have to know the target, but I suppose that's obvious.

I have an issue with religious unit the inquisitor. I conquered Russia and adopted Eastern Orthodox religion. But i cant buy an inquisitor in any city, either my own (Rome) or a Russian city that was captured. I don't often use the enhancement feature, and other enhancements are taken but I should still be able to purchase an inquisitor right?

Is the Mongolian Keshig like it was in Civ 5 in that it gets bonues to ranged production instead of cavalry? I read it gets ranged production so I'm not sure what it "counts" as.

I have an issue with religious unit the inquisitor. I conquered Russia and adopted Eastern Orthodox religion. But i cant buy an inquisitor in any city, either my own (Rome) or a Russian city that was captured. I don't often use the enhancement feature, and other enhancements are taken but I should still be able to purchase an inquisitor right?

You need to "Launch an inquisition" with an apostle that has at least 3 charges left. It's one of the options the unit has, together with "spread belief", "enhance religion", etc.

Is the Mongolian Keshig like it was in Civ 5 in that it gets bonues to ranged production instead of cavalry? I read it gets ranged production so I'm not sure what it "counts" as.

It uses the ranged promotion tree (gets upgraded into a Field Cannon), so I think it is safe to assume it indeed uses the ranged units production card.

For alliances, is there a "cooldown" restriction on how quickly you can form an alliance?

I agreed to a religious alliance with Norway, but now I cannot agree to another alliance type with Norway, or with any of my other friends. Or is there some reason why I cannot create an alliance?

For alliances, is there a "cooldown" restriction on how quickly you can form an alliance?

I agreed to a religious alliance with Norway, but now I cannot agree to another alliance type with Norway, or with any of my other friends. Or is there some reason why I cannot create an alliance?

You can change your alliance by proposing another one once the current one runs out (30 turns on normal speed). With others, if they're declared friends, it should be possible, though you might have to sweeten the deal to get them to go through with it. (if alliance type isn't important to you, however, be sure to check a few, sometimes they want an extra for some but will agree for free with another)

Does the "garrison" promotion benefit archers in cities? I'm not sure if the city center counts as a district.

You need to "Launch an inquisition" with an apostle that has at least 3 charges left. It's one of the options the unit has, together with "spread belief", "enhance religion", etc.

It uses the ranged promotion tree (gets upgraded into a Field Cannon), so I think it is safe to assume it indeed uses the ranged units production card.
**Does eastern orthodox religion not have inquisitor option? ive seen the launch inquisition option but just wondered if it is a religion option.

**Does eastern orthodox religion not have inquisitor option? ive seen the launch inquisition option but just wondered if it is a religion option.

All religions have it available. The religion names and icons are just for flavor and do not have any actual impact on gameplay. Make sure you got an apostle with at least 3 spread religion charges left.

Hey! Is there any way/mod available to force show every visible AI and City-State unit movements?

Hey! Is there any way/mod available to force show every visible AI and City-State unit movements?

Not that I know of, and I think it might not be possible as, normally, all AI units from a certain civilization or city state move at the same time. However, the camera always pans over if you get attacked, and if you want to make sure you are aware of hostile units ahead of time, you can use the "Alert" option instead of "Fortify", which does the same thing but has the unit wake up as soon as a hostile unit enters it's vision range.

It's a bit more difficult as player, but I do think that should be able to make up for all times where you want to be sure you do not miss movement. (and, to be honest, it does mean faster turn times than showing every movement individually)

I agree with everything you just said. Thanks for the reply. My pc is pretty slow on hi res graphics, so during the waiting times I realized that probably way back in civ3 we could see any movements, even workers etc.. It would be just easier to follow all the action even during peace so you wouldn’t have to check every single thing that you want to focus on (especially in a large map). For example religous units’ movements from other civs.. I would definitely create a mod like that if I’d know how to haha

Top Bottom