Before end of turn there is very often one or two units that I have to manually press the button that activates them, all other units circle through.

Is there any way to see all wonders that have been built? I want to build Petra, I have the required tech, but it does not appear in the list of production options.

Before end of turn there is very often one or two units that I have to manually press the button that activates them, all other units circle through.

Cause of that can vary -- often its units that were the subject of a multiturn move that completed on that turn, leaving them with unused movement points.

Is there an event log, or a combat log, so i can see everything that previously happened? I never played Civ 5 but they were in Civ 4, so i miss having them. It's hard to remember what notifications popped up in earlier turns.

In general it's also nice to have the actual numbers so you can see the effects of your decisions, and see what each thing is doing for you. Civ 6 has several report screens but i still wish there was more detail there. Maybe the info is just so spread out in the UI that it's hard to see in one place? They need a control-freak / micro version of the UI for people that want it.

Sorry if that was already asked, but how can I create more trade routes? Which Civics/Techs allow to create more of them?

Build harbors and commercial districts to get more, you may get more by owning more cities but I am not sure (the number increased when I captured a few cities but some of them had harbors etc..)

Well, the Foreign Trade civic unlocks your first trade route, and each Commercial Hub and Harbor district in your cities unlocks one more trade route (still have to build the trade unit, of course). So, you'll want to build (or conquer) as many of those districts as you can.

Adopting Merchant Republic as your form of government adds +2 trade route capacity.

The Colossus wonder adds +1 trade route capacity, and also grants a free Trader unit. The Great Zimbabwe wonder also adds +1 trade route capacity (but no free trade unit).

The bonus for being suzerain of the city-state Carthage is that each of your Encampment districts provides +1 trade route capacity.

Some Great Merchants also provide increased trade route capacity:
1. Zhang Qian (Classical Era great merchant) adds +1 trade route capacity (plus other benefits).
2. Marco Polo (Medieval Era great merchant) grants a free Trader unit, and adds +1 trade route capacity (plus other benefits).
3. Irene of Athens (Classical Era great merchant) adds +1 trade route capacity (plus other benefits).
4. Melitta Bentz (Atomic Era great merchant) adds +1 trade route capacity (plus other benefits).

Could someone explain to me how to perform late-game sieges against huge cities? I am in my current game where my Bombards are barely making any kind of dent in an enemy capital.

Depends on how late game you are talking about. Bombards have 55 bombard strength, which is going to demolish a 40 HP city, but barely dent an 85 strength city. You might need full-blown artillery and you might want artillery corps, rather than single artillery, depending on city strength.

Leaving aside the raw firepower of your units, the key to sieges is for your units to have zone of control over every tile around the city center -- that stops city and fortification healing, so the effects of your bombardments aren't partially wiped out by the next turn's healing. Also, your war weariness is based, in part, on the number of combats your units engage in, so don't spend time taking meaningless potshots at a city that is not yet surrounded -- yes, your units build some XP when they take potshots, but, frankly, it isn't worth it, particularly if you intend to take multiple cities. Use your ranged and bombard units to clear the way for your melee units to establish ZOC around the city, and only then crash the city walls with a great concerted effort. With sufficient firepower, the city won't last 3 turns.

Note that ZOC rules are different from Civ V. Most notably, ZOC does not cross rivers, so if a city is located on a river, or intersection of a couple of rivers, you may need 3, or even 4, melee units to establish the ZOC perimeter.

Pretty sure that seaside resorts cannot be built on hills, regardless of the appeal. Elsewhere in the Civilopedia they differentiate between, e.g., plains and plains (hills), etc. but for seaside reports it just lists the base terrain types, not the hill variants. Compare the seaside resort listing with the listing for Chateau and Great Wall (listing hill variants) and Kurgan (does not list hill variants, and, in fact, cannot be built on hills).

Thank you.

Depends on how late game you are talking about. Bombards have 55 bombard strength, which is going to demolish a 40 HP city, but barely dent an 85 strength city. You might need full-blown artillery and you might want artillery corps, rather than single artillery, depending on city strength.
Have you used the corps functionality much yet? I only ask because I just created 3 out of older units I have to get a Eureka boost, and just noticed that the standard Bombard has a 55 attack as you mention, but the corps is 65, so it seems to me that 2 attacks at strength 55 is better than one at 65?

In Civ VI, combat resolution depends on the raw difference in strength between the attacking and defending unit, rather than than the proportionality formula in Civ V. So a 10 pt difference in strength, before promotions, is more powerful than you may realize, both in terms of damage being dealt by the unit and the resilience of the unit on defense. Having an artillery corps able to take 3 or 4 city bombards before having to retreat to heal can be the difference maker.

I recall one game where I was attacking a high defense city, which had an encampment. Among other attacking units, I had one well-promoted field cannon army and a single (very highly promoted) field cannon unit. A defending tank popped out of the encampment and one-shotted the single field cannon unit, but more or less bounced off the field cannon army. The tank quickly died to focused fire, but I certainly got the point.

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks Browd. I may have to try out my new Bombard corps soon... Although thinking about it I noticed something similar in my first game. As Rome I attacked an encampment with an Indian war elephant (corps) in I expected to one shot kill it with my modern infantry and was surprised when I damaged it a fair bit but took some damage in return as well.

Hi! quick question.

Is there an advisor tab? Something where I can pull up a list of all my cities, or units, etc. I do know about clicking the name of a unit pulls up a list, but it's very minimal.

Mostly I'd like to be able to pull up a list of all my cities so I can, at a glance, see pop, amenities, prod/science/gold/culture values, sort by highest, etc. I find it useful for planning on where to put some wonders and great people.

Another, possibly a bug?

I may not understand the trading posts correctly, but it appears to be worded that regardless of the destination of the route, if the trader passes through a city with a trading post, I get +1 gold.

I have a post in every one of my cities, and even going from end to end of my empire, passing through all cities, I don't get any gold on my domestic trades.

Yea, that report isn't bad, but it shows 2 cities max without scrolling. I was more thinking something compact. 1 city per row.

Maybe option to expand to see buildings, but that report is too bulky/big imo.

Top Bottom