Can anyone confirm (post patch) if district cost now scales after placing it on the tile. Heard that got fixed in here-say there say, but no confirmations subsequent to that. Thank you!!

Alright, I have gone and tested if Firaxis has made districts scale post-spring patch.
My evidence is Here

Quick and Dirty answer: District costs (once placed) do not scale with tech/civic progression, era progression, or placing/finishing of additional districts.

Alright, I have gone and tested if Firaxis has made districts scale post-spring patch.
My evidence is Here

Quick and Dirty answer: District costs (once placed) do not scale with tech/civic progression, era progression, or placing/finishing of additional districts.

Good info
thanks for sharing :)

Has anyone ever tried what happens in the following situation:
You have the feeling that your neighboring civ X will declare a war soon, because you see the usual signs and denouncements. X is suzerain of City State Y, that is close to your borders. You anticipate the declaration of war and levy Y's military for you. The next round, X declares war against you. Since X is the suzerain, Y declares war as well. Do you keep the troops of Y? Can you even conquer Y with its own troops?

Hi there.

Has anyone found where you can get a history of commercial deals just like there was in CiV ? Was usefull to see when they will be over, especially for peace deals.

My evidence is Here

Solid information there. Thanks

Has anyone ever tried what happens in the following situation:
You have the feeling that your neighboring civ X will declare a war soon, because you see the usual signs and denouncements. X is suzerain of City State Y, that is close to your borders. You anticipate the declaration of war and levy Y's military for you. The next round, X declares war against you. Since X is the suzerain, Y declares war as well. Do you keep the troops of Y? Can you even conquer Y with its own troops?

Must you not be a suzerain of the City-State to be able to levy its troops? Also, they should return immediately once you are at war or lose the suzerain status. Well, definitely once you are at war.

Must you not be a suzerain of the City-State to be able to levy its troops? Also, they should return immediately once you are at war or lose the suzerain status. Well, definitely once you are at war.
I tried it myself meanwhile. As soon as you lose suzerainty, you also lose all CS units. So it's probably best to be more than 1 envoy ahead of everyone else before you spend money.

Does anyone know wheter, if a civ loses it's last city to barbarians, you get a message about that? I had a kinda weird game, where I noticed after about a 100 turn I only had 6 civs on the map instead of 12 without hearing about any destroyed civ, when I revealed the map, I saw that there were barbarians almost everywhere, and I was wondering wheter it had to do with a map bug I know sometimes appears (mostly or even only when using mods) or wheter there was a barbarian bug that caused far too many barbarians to spawn and ended 6 civs while crippling some others (the civs that were there weren't doing too well, most having 2 cities on normal game speed after about 100 turns).

Does anyone know wheter, if a civ loses it's last city to barbarians, you get a message about that? I had a kinda weird game, where I noticed after about a 100 turn I only had 6 civs on the map instead of 12 without hearing about any destroyed civ, when I revealed the map, I saw that there were barbarians almost everywhere, and I was wondering wheter it had to do with a map bug I know sometimes appears (mostly or even only when using mods) or wheter there was a barbarian bug that caused far too many barbarians to spawn and ended 6 civs while crippling some others (the civs that were there weren't doing too well, most having 2 cities on normal game speed after about 100 turns).
Barbarians always raze cities. Except for the capital that can't be razed, so the barbarians don't conquer that one.
So in your scenario the capital has to be taken by another civ in order for the barbarians to take the last remaining city and raze it. You should be able to see that in the victory screen if someone owns more than one capital. If that's not the case (anyone owning the other 6 capitals), something went wrong from the start and you played with 6 instead of 12 civs.

Barbarians always raze cities. Except for the capital that can't be razed, so the barbarians don't conquer that one.
So in your scenario the capital has to be taken by another civ in order for the barbarians to take the last remaining city and raze it. You should be able to see that in the victory screen if someone owns more than one capital. If that's not the case (anyone owning the other 6 capitals), something went wrong from the start and you played with 6 instead of 12 civs.

Then I played with only 6 civs... Let's hope the game starts up right next time. and I suppose I should mention it in the map-generating mod I use.

My evidence is Here

You're a saint and a scholar!

what is that low humming engine sound that begins around medieval or renaissance eras? it's not all over the map, nor can i pinpoint the district or improvement that seems to be causing it. there doesn't seem to be anything unique in that region of the map that isn't found elsewhere, and yet the sound isn't around other cities. it's extremely annoying, and goes away if i turn down the sound effects audio, but then all the sound effects are turned down.

what is that low humming engine sound that begins around medieval or renaissance eras? it's not all over the map, nor can i pinpoint the district or improvement that seems to be causing it. there doesn't seem to be anything unique in that region of the map that isn't found elsewhere, and yet the sound isn't around other cities. it's extremely annoying, and goes away if i turn down the sound effects audio, but then all the sound effects are turned down.
Same thing in my last games (with the patch 1.0.0.129).

Same thing in my last games (with the patch 1.0.0.129).

when i reloaded the game, the sound was no longer there, but began in other areas of the map. it seems to be a city sound effect, but not sure what triggers it. didn't seem to be anything unique about the cities where the sound was occurring. it's too much though, i cringed everytime the screen would jump to that area of the map, and what a relief when it jumped to the pleasant silence of the other areas.

Spies: do they really only protect one + adjacent districts, or can I put one in a city center and it will protect every district dropped by that city?

Hi everyone, I have a question and hope this is the right place to ask.
I'm sure I had a mod or setting that cut the unnecessary AI chit-chat and I just received muted important messages. However since a new download I am back to square one! Any advice on this would be appreciated.

I guess what I'm looking for is a kind of "less gossip" that applies to the AI.

Last edited:
Can you upgrade levied units from city-states? I was just wondering because I've got an allied city-state bordering potential enemies far away from my armies but I have the money to upgrade their horde of warriors and archers into musketmen and field cannons if need be.

Can you upgrade levied units from city-states? I was just wondering because I've got an allied city-state bordering potential enemies far away from my armies but I have the money to upgrade their horde of warriors and archers into musketmen and field cannons if need be.

I tried that in my last game - but they wouldn't upgrade.

Top Bottom