Second game of GS. I am actually not sure what I am supposed to do with grievances (eg another DoWs me). Another thread seemed to imply grievances were somehow useful for diplomatic victory. Could anyone please elaborate? Thank you.

No, nothing about diplomatic victory. It is a kind of war/diplomatic currency. If they do bad things to you, you can retaliate using the the currency. Say AI surprise declares war against you, you get 150 grievances. You raze a small city, it costs you 60 grievances. You are still +90, the AIs will still hate the other player, not you.

So with capturing cities-is there any real advantage to razing a city then settling your own city as opposed to capturing it?

So with capturing cities-is there any real advantage to razing a city then settling your own city as opposed to capturing it?

Indeed there is. By capturing a city an emergency is likely to be called with potentially most of the AI:s ganging up on you. Razing has no connected emergency.

Is there something I have to do, other than repair the Spaceport, after being sabotaged in the middle of moon launch to get the Moon Launch project back? Cant find it anymore on any of my cities, even in the ones with untouched Spaceports.

Indeed there is. By capturing a city an emergency is likely to be called with potentially most of the AI:s ganging up on you. Razing has no connected emergency.
Not that much likely. Actually, if you have a few allies, it's rather unlikely.
Is there something I have to do, other than repair the Spaceport, after being sabotaged in the middle of moon launch to get the Moon Launch project back? Cant find it anymore on any of my cities, even in the ones with untouched Spaceports.
No. You have to repair it.

Seems so.
Are yuo sure it was actually repaired?

Yeah, it's not pillaged anymore and the repair is complete in the city production menu. Been for a few rounds now but the project is not coming back. Also I have two other spaceports in which the project is not available as well. Oh well, thought I might have missed something since I'm quite new to the game series.

Yeah, it's not pillaged anymore and the repair is complete in the city production menu. Been for a few rounds now but the project is not coming back. Also I have two other spaceports in which the project is not available as well. Oh well, thought I might have missed something since I'm quite new to the game series.
Could you upload a save?

So, I captured a city, and it had 0.9 production. To get to build it a bit more quickly (it wanted 1,500+ turns to build an encampment!) I reassigned a trader and selected a route with +4 prod, but when I checked the prod of the city, it only went up to 2.7. I assigned a second trader with a route of +4 again, and itnonlymwent up to something like 4.6.

Any ideas as to why it was not getting the full increase?

So, I captured a city, and it had 0.9 production. To get to build it a bit more quickly (it wanted 1,500+ turns to build an encampment!) I reassigned a trader and selected a route with +4 prod, but when I checked the prod of the city, it only went up to 2.7. I assigned a second trader with a route of +4 again, and itnonlymwent up to something like 4.6.

Any ideas as to why it was not getting the full increase?
Is the city still in the "occupied" state? They suffer severe reductions in yields and productions while occupied. To get them out of that state you have to either make peace and get their previous leader to cede the city, or completely wipe out their civilization.
This link has a section on occupied cities: https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/City_Combat_(Civ6)
Occupied cities have production lowered by 50% which sounds like what you've described.

Low loyalty can also reduce yields.

Gathering Storm Diplomacy:

Okay, I'm playing Egypt, and it's my second game of Gathering Storm. Emperor difficulty, continents, standard size.

My game plan at the outset was build strong alliances. My neighbors (Japan and Holland) really dislike me. I know, join the club. I've been sending trade routes to Holland to satisfy her agenda. Neither one will allow me to send a delegation. I'm having a hard time even keeping the peace let alone forming alliances.

I've finally sent ships out to find the other folks. To me, this represents a renewed opportunity to make alliances. How can I get on their good side from the get go, and what do I need to do in general to have good relationships or repair bad ones?

If they won't take delegations, I can only think to send them gifts of gold and resources. I don't want to just give away my people's wealth though, without knowing if they will even rethink their attitudes.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Gathering Storm Diplomacy:

Okay, I'm playing Egypt, and it's my second game of Gathering Storm. Emperor difficulty, continents, standard size.

My game plan at the outset was build strong alliances. My neighbors (Japan and Holland) really dislike me. I know, join the club. I've been sending trade routes to Holland to satisfy her agenda. Neither one will allow me to send a delegation. I'm having a hard time even keeping the peace let alone forming alliances.

I've finally sent ships out to find the other folks. To me, this represents a renewed opportunity to make alliances. How can I get on their good side from the get go, and what do I need to do in general to have good relationships or repair bad ones?

If they won't take delegations, I can only think to send them gifts of gold and resources. I don't want to just give away my people's wealth though, without knowing if they will even rethink their attitudes.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
You can only send a delegation or embassy if your relationship with them is neutral or better. When you first meet a leader, on that same turn you meet them the relationship always starts out as neutral. You should immediately send a delegation and offer open borders to get a few relationship points before hitting next turn.

Beyond that, it depends on their agendas, favorable trade deals (which I think just means any decent deal), running a trade route to their empire, not declaring friendship with someone they're unfriendly with, and having the same government. You get a bonus for having the same government, and potentially lose points for different governments. I think depending on the relative governments you can lose more points than others.

If you have many grievances against a leader that can also affect how others see you. The hardest part is usually the agendas. Some agendas can just be difficult (or even impossible) to satisfy unless you're willing to shoot yourself in the foot. Find out what their agendas are by increasing access levels. This is done by first sending a delegation/embassy. Trade routes provide an extra access level. Unlocking Printing tech. Then finally their top secret agenda either through an alliance or Spy listening post.

When browsing XMLs I found a line showing a congress resolution works as "chopping yield additional gold" or "ban chopping".

However I never see this resolution appearing in my game. Anyone experienced this resolution?

EDIT: I got the reason. This is because this resolution begins at atomic era, which is an era I've never entered even on Online speed.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks so much to everyone who has answered one of my questions. I am learning a lot from this thread. Even though I've played a fair amount of civilization, and consider myself fairly adept at the game, there are still apparently many things I don't know.

Today's question brings me to pantheons. Let's say I select pantheon A. At this point, does everyone of my cities now have the benefits for pantheon A? Can I ever lose the pantheon benefit (ie, due to spread of opposing religion)? If I found a city sometime in the future, will it continue to have the benefit? If I capture another civilization's city, will I now have pantheon A, or their pantheon still?

Second question pertains to religions. Let's say my city, Thebes, is following Buddhism. Buddhism has synagogues. I construct a synagogue in Thebes. Now then, the Dutch spread Protestantism (w/ Cathedrals) to Thebes, and it becomes the dominant religion. May I also now build a Cathedral? Will I get the benefits of both buildings? Can the process be repeated for every religion?

Thanks again for your help.

Additional question (today only I promise). I have seen references to emergencies in gathering storm due to disasters (aid requests?). I played the first game through both tech trees and never saw any, but it was only prince and disasters were set to level 2. Now though, I just started industrial and I've cranked the disasters up to level 4 (emperor). Still no aid requests though. When do they start? What triggers them? A volcano just killed a lot of people in a neighboring civilization.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pantheon is all yours. Every city, never lose it.

Can only have one L3 religious building in a city.

Not sure about aid requests. Had them at disaster level 1. It looks like there has to be a specific level of damage to trigger it (my guess is it should at least affect a city center), which doesn't happen that much.

Thanks Rosty.

I think it's a missed opportunity that we can't have, for example, a cathedral, synagogue, and mosque simultaneously, as in real life, if those religions have been dominant or even just present over the course of the game. Multiple such buildings could be enabled after researching the enlightenment or something along those lines. Holy Sites could be stronger too in my opinion as they sort of fall off maybe?

Also, I've reached the modern era in my 2nd GS game, and I've had 2 aid requests now.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom