So you say if I build the dam near the niter mine, the small river above the campus will continue to flood?

So you say if I build the dam near the niter mine, the small river above the campus will continue to flood?
If they're two different rivers, then potentially, yes, it will continue to flood. In that case, I don't think there is much that you can do.

You could use tooltips to find out if they are the same river or not. Looking at that screenshot though, my guess is that the campus river is the same one that runs past the niter mine. I say that, because that would explain why you can't build the dam in the bottom right of your triangle - the northern river is a tributary and a separate river, so it doesn't intersect the tile twice. I'm revisingnmy assessment from earlier - I think the reason you cannot build on the left hex of the triangle is because there are at least two different rivers, and I don't think the game likes it.

The only way to know is if you check the tooltip, it should tell you the name of the river that runs past a given tile. Check by the niter mine and the campus, see if it's the same river. If it's different, your stuck. If it's the same, you should be able to build a dam by the niter mine and stop the flooding.

The Shuffle maptype - where does it come from?

Originally I thought it was like a random chance between Pangea, Continents, Fractal and Archipelago as it was in Civ5, but apparently, according to google, it's more like a piecemeal of maps put together. Kinda like a Frankenstein's Map.

So, how is it actually procured?

The Shuffle maptype - where does it come from?

Originally I thought it was like a random chance between Pangea, Continents, Fractal and Archipelago as it was in Civ5, but apparently, according to google, it's more like a piecemeal of maps put together. Kinda like a Frankenstein's Map.

So, how is it actually procured?
Looking online, it seems to just have a completely random generation (so parts could be like archipelago while others might be a giant continent. Random just chooses a random map type (it will have the whole map as a archipelago or inland sea, etc).

Looking online, it seems to just have a completely random generation (so parts could be like archipelago while others might be a giant continent. Random just chooses a random map type (it will have the whole map as a archipelago or inland sea, etc).

I must be missing something; I don't see random as an option.

Hi everyone again!

I was playing yesterday and I noticed something extrange.

After merging 2 privateers, each of one with it's own promotions, the resultant fleet had both promotions!!

I'm sure that is a feature already known by the comunity, but is it working as intended? I mean, for sure seems broken.

Of course, I abused it with Victor (1 free promotion) + Venice arsenal = fleets with melted promotions.
But it also can be abused with units purchased with faith and victor...

So, my main question is if it is a feature or is somekind of a bug? they are planning to change it?
i also wanted to know if it was always this way, because I remember when I started that only the promotions of one of the units was taken. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention and it always was like now.

Thank you very much!

Hi everyone again!

I was playing yesterday and I noticed something extrange.

After merging 2 privateers, each of one with it's own promotions, the resultant fleet had both promotions!!

I'm sure that is a feature already known by the comunity, but is it working as intended? I mean, for sure seems broken.

Of course, I abused it with Victor (1 free promotion) + Venice arsenal = fleets with melted promotions.
But it also can be abused with units purchased with faith and victor...

So, my main question is if it is a feature or is somekind of a bug? they are planning to change it?
i also wanted to know if it was always this way, because I remember when I started that only the promotions of one of the units was taken. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention and it always was like now.

Thank you very much!

no it was changed with NFP... and yes, it's can be easily abused

I googled it just now and many sources say shuffle IS random. I don't see a "random" option anywhere.

Just noticed that arrow storm now applies to city defense, is it an NFP change that makes ranged units more efficient at taking down cities, or is it just a bug?

Can Civ6's Military AI move and shoot its ranged units like archers, etc in same turn now or are they still incapable of such a feat? I'm really curious.

What if 4 religions are founded and arabia is in the game as player 8 for example but player 2 builds stonehenge before it is turn for arabia. What happens?

....After merging 2 privateers, each of one with it's own promotions, the resultant fleet had both promotions!!....So, my main question is if it is a feature or is somekind of a bug? they are planning to change it?...
And now that I know about it, I will totally abuse it.

What if 4 religions are founded and arabia is in the game as player 8 for example but player 2 builds stonehenge before it is turn for arabia. What happens?

Game will very likey create Great Prophet for them, many moons ago I tested the case of multiple Arabias and when the game runs out of GP it just creates new ones.

EDIT: Actually now that I re-read the question I am not even sure If it has any exploitative nature. If player A recruits 4th GP in the same turn as player B finishes Stonehenge (or really, is simply the next to recruit GP with enough points), then player B gets no Prophet, Arabia should get the 5th GP at the time 4th one is recuited even when not on their turn.

And now that I know about it, I will totally abuse it.

I don't know why but your answer made me laugh out loud for several minutes! Thank you for this :p

And now Victor has become one of my favorite governor, the +1 promotion and the ability to purchase units with faith... oh boy!

My next multiplayer run, I will try to make an army of espetial ops (extra XP politic card)!

It's hard to see everything, but from what I can see, andassuming Kawa is yours
For the right hex, my guess is that it is either not a flood plain or those two segments of river do not count as the same river
You were absolutely right, Kawa is building a second dam now. Just because it can. :)

Game will very likey create Great Prophet for them, many moons ago I tested the case of multiple Arabias and when the game runs out of GP it just creates new ones.

EDIT: Actually now that I re-read the question I am not even sure If it has any exploitative nature. If player A recruits 4th GP in the same turn as player B finishes Stonehenge (or really, is simply the next to recruit GP with enough points), then player B gets no Prophet, Arabia should get the 5th GP at the time 4th one is recuited even when not on their turn.
I think it's just trying to setup this scenario.
There are two GPs left in the game.
  1. Victoria grabs the penultimate GP. This means that Saladin should get the last GP.
  2. However, Catherine has her go next, and finishes building Stonegenge, which should,.in theory, give Catherine the final GP.
  3. Saladin has his go, which under normal conditions would give him the last GP due to his ability.
I see three solutions.
  1. Saladin's ability kicks in after point 1, meaning Stonehenge doesn't give a GP.
  2. Saladin's ability kicks in at point 3, and creates an additional GP, exceeding the limit.
  3. Saladin's ability is blocked by Catherine's Stonehenge, negating it. He doesn't get a GP or religion.
From your experience, I'd say 2, but until it happens...

Is there a way to see what a city state is currently building? Like a mod or something?

Does having 3 envoys with an industrial city state give +3 to workshops? Because usually when you have 3 envoys with other city states, and you hover over the respective building, it shows the yields as the final yields after adding the corresponding city state bonuses. But even if I have those +3 envoys for production states, it also seems like it says +3.

Top Bottom