Random Raves #39: Life is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. I guess it isn't either the best or the worst day ever. It just is. There's this clarity - or maybe just blankness. And, considering the recent days, blankness may as well be rave-worthy.

Looks like i'm finally starting to filter the people who cause drama from those who cause peace and comfort to me. Love thyself.

I hope all goes well for you, Dusters.

Rave: just ending week one together with my wife (after 15 months apart). :love: It is like we never parted. Love this awesome should be universal.

Finally slept 8+ hours in one night, just woke up for 25 mins in between. Things are getting better.

Good! Getting regular sleeping schedules is essential for a balanced mood. It can quickly result in depression or worse as you become more disoriented.

Good riddance, Stephen Harper.

Ten months ago, Canada "heaved Steve." He resigned the leadership of his party (a normal thing for Canadian political party leaders who lose badly in elections), stayed on as an MP - and to no one's surprise, indicated that he would not be serving out his term. At least he didn't trot out the "I'm leaving politics to spend more time with my family" excuse - no one would have believed him, considering what a shambles his marriage was in and that one "child" is in university on the other side of the country and the other is nearly university-bound. Not that the public really believes that excuse in most cases, unless the resigning politician is elderly or sick.

But he's finally resigned his seat. Yay. And may he fade into obscurity, and his party of fake Conservatives lose election after election after election.

I mean he could be spending more time with a mistress or something, possibly having a child with said mistress, which he would be referring to as ''my family''.

Also being horrible doesn't make him a fake Conservative, it makes him just like any other Conservative.

I mean he could be spending more time with a mistress or something, possibly having a child with said mistress, which he would be referring to as ''my family''.

Also being horrible doesn't make him a fake Conservative, it makes him just like any other Conservative.
LOL.

This jerk - our former Prime Minister - is a narcissist who would have to pay someone to be his mistress - if he were so inclined to have one. His wife, Laureen, refused to live with him in 24 Sussex (the PM's official residence) and took the kids and went to live in a swanky suite at the Chateau Laurier (rumors abound about what was going on between her and her female RCMP security detail).

This is a politician who traveled with a personal groomer and makeup artist, and about the politest nicknames he has are "Helmet Hair" and "Lego Hair." Political cartoonists often drew him with a long Pinocchio nose and royal cape and crown. He fancies himself a musician (I sing better than he does and my singing sets the cats to looking really annoyed), but I'll give him credit for being able to do decent impressions of Joe Clark and John Diefenbaker (a couple of Progressive Conservative Prime Ministers from several decades ago).

I can't think of any other Canadian Prime Minister who inspired over 50 protest songs about him. He's anti-science (unless the scientists in question can be bribed to swear up, down, and sideways that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the soil and water in/around the tarsands in Alberta and say with a straight face that polar bears are not drowning in the Arctic Ocean due to a lack of ice). He ordered the media to stop referring the Canadian government as the Canadian government and start calling it "the Harper Government" as though our country's government was his personal property.

The right-wingers keep whining about Justin Trudeau and selfies, but they're oblivious to the fact that it's other people who ask him to pose and use their own cameras. Trudeau's not the one running around, demanding to have his picture taken with members of the public. That was Harper's schtick - including pulling firefighters aside in British Columbia, demanding they pose with him, and getting huffy when they refused to sing "O Canada." Another photo-op he wanted was with a group of Boy Scouts - a politically neutral organization that was justifiably upset that Harper had some of the kids pose with him.

Paranoia much? When Harper arranged to give out Halloween candy to kids at 24 Sussex one year, he made them go through metal detectors, and the RCMP made the kids leave any part of their costume behind that looked like a weapon - stuff like cheap plastic toys. There was a photographer there, and I've always wondered if he charged the parents for the pictures taken with their kids. His wife wasn't there, and neither were his kids. The whole thing was creepy in a way that had nothing to do with Halloween.

The reason I refer to him as a fake Conservative is because of how the Reform-Canadian Alliance party hijacked the real Conservative party. Sleazy backroom deals, political backstabbing, people reneging on promises... when the dust settled, Stephen Harper wound up as leader of the Conservative Party of Canada (they really wanted to take over the "Progressive Conservative" name but couldn't legally do so). It's amusing how they settled on the party's name... some of their people wanted to call it the Conservative Reform Alliance Party, and I really wish they'd done that. Unfortunately, someone realized that the acronym for that name would spell CRAP, and so they settled on a name that worked out to CPC.

This party bears no resemblance to the Progressive Conservatives. I never voted for that party either, but at least it did have a few people in it whom I could respect. Harper's party gets none of my respect. The list of reasons is a very long one.

So yes, he's horrible as a politician, horrible as a person, and is a fake Conservative. I'm not the only person by far who feels this way; some people have suggested naming the Calgary landfill after him.

Ugh. I only eat children that are at least 15. Need to give them some time to ripen up a bit or they just taste awful.

Make sure that they are Irish. Irish children get a unique taste from their potato-based diet, and they have a lot of expertise in growing them for food, been doing it since the times of Jonathan Swift.

Creep D:

Are you being stalked again, Joan?

Tell me more, tell me more...

Yeah I've never seen Tolni during one of my JoanK stalking sessions. But perhaps he's just more stealthy than me.

Remember - you're not stalking Joan properly until you hang out on his DeviantArt page. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom