Random Raves : Let us eat cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my friends from High School just accepted his offer of admission into Harvard University. So yay for him. :)

Nice. What's he studying?

Anyway, those courses that examined literature articles really helped. I can understand figures without having to re-read that often. And I can pick out the point of a paper much faster now.

:woohoo: met her again in the gym, now I know her full name, and she expects my email; already asked her about next weekend, and she said that her plans are not yet set.
:woohoo:

Okay, maybe she was just too polite to say no (you never know, it's a different culture), but I'm feeling positive about it :) :D.

EDIT: Email sent, let's see :bounce:.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Saturday will be a good day :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:.
Will be complicated, but whatever :).
Just having a date with her multiplies my self confidence by...don't know...a lot. Could not date more upwards, she's so damn beautiful :D.

don't think I posted but at the end of thursday april 24 I fulfilled all my undergraduate graduation requirements!

Now I still have some exams, but I don't need any of them to graduate.

I'm going to massively fail the last exam in ~1 hour, but otherwise I still did pretty alright on them.

In a few hours I'll be completely done :)

Random rave: long weekend!

Oh yes. It's our first Bank Holiday of the year on Monday. :)

That? Not good enough. Holiday today, tomorrow, no work or classes until Monday, in yet another flagrant use fo public holidays for demagogic purposes.

Well, I'm more happier than I was at the start of the year.

I made the CFC wikia!

Reindeer Thistle is a communist. If there is a good kind (lol, yeah right) he is it. This is because he is nice and does manual labor unlike your typical liberal...

Awwwwww.... I am flattered!

I made the CFC wikia!

Awwwwww.... I am flattered!

Obviously someone has a lot of time on their hands. Also, I'm not on there, so I'm unpopular. :(

I laughed the most at the article on Owen. No offense, Owen, if you're reading this. I like to think that you're a cooler version of Azula.

Also antilogic is quite a family man isn't he

Reading the CFC wiki is always good for a laugh here and there.

I could swear there is more than one though.

I thought the one for caketastydelish was rather harsh.

The one for Hobbs was also rather... interesting.

Apparently the CFC wiki has been around for years... I wonder why I never saw it before.

Those articles are hilarious. And obviously not written by a regular (Downtown's children apparently like watching pokémon)

I gotta say, JR's entries (and the history) are amazing. Seriously, there is a mini-edit war going on there.

I found a Deepak Chopra quote generator which is apparently based on Deepak Chopra's twitter stream. I don't care about the guy either way, but the generator's hilarious. A few deep and insightful quotes I got:

• Nature arises and subsides in the expansion of self-knowledge
  • The unpredictable nurtures deep fulfillment
  • Death meditates on reckless truth
  • Culture reflects intricate knowledge
  • The mind opens a symphony of phenomena
  • Wholeness results from precious life
  • The universe is the path to the flow of possibilities
  • Your movement heals an abundance of mortality
  • Hidden meaning shapes pure marvel
  • Quantum physics serves species specific sexual energy
  • The soul is reborn in the doorway to brains

Okay, the last two make completely no sense (relatively speaking compared to the other ones) but I still thought htey were funny.

Rave: Its gorgeous outside! Like, actually warm, not this phony "oh its 50 degrees and raining" warm.
Rant: Spent all day inside touching up my final research paper for my German history class.
Rave: And I finished it! My professor was kind of vague on the topic, so I hope it works. I'm very tired of reading and interpreting how people in Des Moines changed or didn't change their opinion on Germans and Germany from 1909 to 1920. Kind of a neat topic though. Kind of.
Rant: The worst part of writing a paper is turning it in, tomorrow is going to suck.

@Joe: enjoy the weather!

And, about your rants: whenever I got vague research topics, I would throw my profs knuckleball topics like "Temba, with arms open: The role of cultural context in modern pedagogy" The opening phrase was from a ST:TNG episode... The one where Picard is on a planet with an alien whose race speaks in cultural references.

Once, for English lit, my final paper was "Sowing the Space Seed: Star Trek's Debt to the Early Classics of British Literature." The prof gave me full credit, with a parenthetical "from one Trekkie to another."

So, you know... have some fun with it.

Edit: Rave: talked to my ass-kicking Red gf tonight... Only 232 hours 'til I see her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom