Random Raves XX: Unexpectedly Brilliant in Twenty Different Ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not even realise there were alternate colour schemes...

Rave: Getting so many more good nights sleeps (not to mention more hours in the day) by just turning the laptop off at about 11pm, putting it in the living room, and then not looking at it again until I next enter the living room again. It also serves as a reminder, if nothing else, that the internet is there and running whether you watch it in action or not.

In the cafeteria, a sign was put up saying the milk dispenser was out of order and someone had drawn a trollface on it.

BLACK CFC. Die, unbelievers, die!

How'd you do?

I got a 73 in Crit Reading (98th percentile), a 67 in Mathematics (94th percentile) and a 60 in Writing (88th percentile) for a total score of 200, and that places me in the 96th percentile. I hate to sound boastful, but I am really pleased with myself.

I will have to study the questions that I missed in the writing section though, I can do better there.

Then what helped you get into college?

/rant

I mean, I took, still got a relatively good score. But it's one of the worst ways to qualify aptitude. It's also really biased towards humanities. I mean really, two of the three sections are about English. And for someone who isn't a humanities person it's garbage. SATIIs are so much better for qualifying aptitude. If I had my way, instead of taking the normal SAT, people would take three SATIIs of their choice. If you combine the three SATIIs I took, the number is over 300 points higher than my normal SAT score.

/endrant

Pah. You Americans and your exams.

Not having to take the SAT is #winning.

/rant

I mean, I took, still got a relatively good score. But it's one of the worst ways to qualify aptitude. It's also really biased towards humanities. I mean really, two of the three sections are about English. And for someone who isn't a humanities person it's garbage. SATIIs are so much better for qualifying aptitude. If I had my way, instead of taking the normal SAT, people would take three SATIIs of their choice. If you combine the three SATIIs I took, the number is over 300 points higher than my normal SAT score.

/endrant

Thanks for this info. So, hypothetically, say I was interested in Strategic Intelligence (or something related to that, whatever the major's name is). What SATIIs would be good choices?

Pah. You Americans and your exams.

Pah. ;)

psat had a stupid curve.

-1 on math? 75. like -8 questions in math? a 67 or so. SAT works that way too; -2 in math was a 730, but like -5 would still be a 700 or so. The SAT subject tests work better for the curves, where even like -4 on SAT II math is a 790/800.

The first few questions you miss "count" a lot more than the next few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom