Random Thoughts Sechs: Eeeeehhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw how are people who are Irish but move to Australia accounted for?
I think they get sympathy cards and excommunicated, but I'm not entirely sure.

It's not all bad though, they get better food and weather. :lol:

Well, we've recently learned that TVTropes was right and the Oirish are indeed violent, here on this very CFC.

btw how are people who are Irish but move to Australia accounted for?
Where do you think most of those twenty-three million Australians came from?

A car just drove by on the main road and its stereo was up loud enough to cause a minor earthquake. I'm surprised the driver's ears aren't bleeding.

I think they get sympathy cards and excommunicated, but I'm not entirely sure.

It's not all bad though, they get better food and weather. :lol:
Well, it's true that leaving the archipelago automatically entails better weather unless you're moving to the middle of the Sahara (and then only just) and better food even if you go to the middle of the Sahara, but I fail to see why the excommunication.
Where do you think most of those twenty-three million Australians came from?
Given that they speak something closer to Cockney than to Irish or Sco'ish English, I'd say they are descended from English deportees.

It is quite a lost when two Don of this friendly forum turned cold toward each other, maybe this is just a misunderstanding because none of you ever try to talk about it, maybe this is the right time to use the olive branch thread now because the wound already re open so why not try to heal it?

It is just a mere suggestion from someone new and don't know anything about the problem, this post maybe cringy and maybe I'm wrong in manything but I believe I'm not wrong to believe that both you and Bird are actually a good person. So please cut it out, without measuring who is right who is wrong in the past.
I realize that you are genuinely concerned, but this is not something that can be fully resolved in the Olive Branch thread.

I was riffing on Syn-chan, never mind.
Okay. I don't tend to think of him as anything but Canadian.

I suppose I should be slightly worried when a fanfiction is tagged as "no romance," but still has a rating of Explicit.

Maybe violence?

Must be pretty graphic violence, then. I didn't look.

I suppose I should be slightly worried when a fanfiction is tagged as "no romance," but still has a rating of Explicit.
Maybe violence?
If it's on the AO3 site and there's no age warning (ie. clicking a button to indicate you're over 18 and consent to view mature/explicit content), it's probably either missing a BDSM tag or Rape/Violence.

Or it could still be consensual but explicit, between characters who are not in a romantic relationship. There's not much that website doesn't allow, unlike fanfiction.net which requires "mature" filters for stories such as you're describing here. And anything that's extremely explicit isn't allowed there at all, as far as I know.

Some fanfic authors prefer to "imply but don't get too specific" when they write sex scenes. Others prefer to go into extreme detail. I'm not into the latter either, nor do I write such scenes in my own stories.

As with everything on AO3, read at your own risk.

I skimmed through, out of curiosity. Wish I hadn't.

Last edited:
There are two stories that have been kicking around in my head for about a decade and I'm giving serious thought to actually writing one of them. I'd love to write a short story and get it in a science fiction magazine and I think I could do it but I just can't stay focused on writing fiction long enough to see it through. The short story is about an early prospector on Mars that goes insane after losing two husbands and a small fortune to the planet and murders her crew.

There are two stories that have been kicking around in my head for about a decade and I'm giving serious thought to actually writing one of them. I'd love to write a short story and get it in a science fiction magazine and I think I could do it but I just can't stay focused on writing fiction long enough to see it through. The short story is about an early prospector on Mars that goes insane after losing two husbands and a small fortune to the planet and murders her crew.
The next Camp NaNoWriMo event is coming up in July. Since the basic objective of that is to encourage people to develop the habit of writing every day, this might be a way for you to start.

It worked for me. Yes, I fret about words/day during the actual events, but I also write every day outside of those events. I don't get the hundreds or 1667 words/day I need for the Camp or main events, but I do manage a bit of editing and a paragraph or two of new material every day. I've kept this going steadily since November 1 last year (even during those two weeks in the hospital in January), which is something I'm proud of given my problems with procrastination and inability to see a lot of projects I start through to their conclusion.

Also, I've done this even though I can't read normal books or newspapers, have a lot of trouble reading anything else that doesn't have very large print, and reading labels, coupons, and cooking instructions is hopeless (had to ask someone the other day to read me the expiry dates on some stuff in my pantry). But thanks to being able to magnify and change fonts on the computer and Zkribbler's help in making my word processing program more user-friendly for people with vision problems, I've continued to write.

If I can, you can. And it doesn't need to be a lot per day. Outside of NaNoWriMo events, I might only write for 10-15 minutes, or maybe a bit longer if the scene or conversation is really working well and I want to finish.

The hardest part of any creative project is getting started (a caption I used on a picture of a kitten contemplating a ball of yarn and wondering what mayhem to create with it; that one made the main home page on the Cheezburger site). This is true of anything, whether you're building something, painting something, sewing something, or writing.

At this point, my best advice is to make some notes, make an outline, and please visit the writing threads here in A&E. :yup:

'Cause this sounds like a story I'd like to read.

Yes, write it, hobbs!

Learning higher mathematics is in many cases relearning what you've already learned. In considering algebraic structures such as groups, rings, and fields you are brought back once again to the commutative, associative, and distributive properties. Fundamentals of grade-school arithmetic are also the foundations of a generalized classification of arithmetic.

I just realized that metal music is called that because it's harder than rock music. And metal is harder than rock.

I'm a little slow sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom