Random Thoughts Sechs: Eeeeehhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the whole, rocks are harder than metals though.
Yep. Hit someone with a pie plate and you annoy them. Hit someone with a rock and you could kill them.

(note that I am not advocating either of these activities)

I never knew it either so I must be really slow.
I just realized that metal music is called that because it's harder than rock music. And metal is harder than rock.

I'm a little slow sometimes.

Count me as slow also. I can now guess where heavy metal comes from ;)

how about black metal? what is the etymological cause that it's harder than heavy metal?

I think there's also death metal, so there must be also living metal which is softer or louder :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: rah
Not harder. The lyrics are just darker ;).

I just realized that metal music is called that because it's harder than rock music. And metal is harder than rock.

I'm a little slow sometimes.

I never knew it either so I must be really slow.

Count me here too, I did never realize this.
And I listen to metal all the time.

Yeah, but that applies to other categories as well (like death or speed metal).
But that's not the point the style is trying to make.
(As far as I read, black meal is actually mostly defined by lyrics and some part of hte music style, and not necessarily by the growling, that can also be in other styles; but obviously they belong there too)

Thanks guys, feeling older by the second.

Sorry, but John ‘Oz’ Osbourne insists that his music is rock and roll, thank you very much.

It sounds like what you are all describing is what I would term "noise."

If I want "metal" to listen to, I can always take a cookie sheet and hit it with a spoon in a rhythmic way. But since that would annoy me, I probably won't bother.

Speaking of annoying music*, I'm seriously considering taking up the recorder again. It's been many years (20 or so) since I last played it, but I can probably figure it out. The reason is because it's the kind of instrument one of the characters in my story plays and I want to make sure that what I write about his playing is something that's actually doable.

*the trick to making it not-annoying is to do it well, and most people don't do it well.

Don't worry. Most of the sub genres of metal aren't worth disliking because you're old.

They're worth disliking because they suck! >.> <.< >.>

But never let that stop you.

Reactions: rah
And they're mostly all better than rap. :lol:

Flying into San Antonio today I was greeted by a welcome-to-the-city recording. The speaker had the voice of like a cheerful young college student. She then identified herself as air force brigadier general so and so. So I guess I imagined wrong.

Flying into San Antonio today I was greeted by a welcome-to-the-city recording. The speaker had the voice of like a cheerful young college student. She then identified herself as air force brigadier general so and so. So I guess I imagined wrong.
If you are a beef eater, while in San Antonio see if you can eat at a place serving HeartBrand Beef. It may take some searching.

One day I want to care enough about veterans to buy a Harley and deck it out with American flags and POW/MIA memorials.

But I don't want to care enough to replace them when they're worn and raggedy.

That would be tacky

https://www.montereyherald.com/2019...f-force-standard-through-california-assembly/

The police use of force bill has passed the CA Assembly. Unfortunately it appears an amendment was added which removed the definition of "necessary" force as "lacking a reasonable alternative."

As such until I see evidence otherwise I shall assume this is no more than a cosmetic change, it will not change the way police violence is approached by the legal system.

https://www.montereyherald.com/2019...f-force-standard-through-california-assembly/

The police use of force bill has passed the CA Assembly. Unfortunately it appears an amendment was added which removed the definition of "necessary" force as "lacking a reasonable alternative."

As such until I see evidence otherwise I shall assume this is no more than a cosmetic change, it will not change the way police violence is approached by the legal system.
I agree. Training and oversight seem to be the problems, to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom