Red Alert

Commodore

Deity
Ok so here is the first scenario of my Command and Conquer project. This one is based on the 1996 prequel to the first Command and Conquer.

It is an alternate history version of World War II in which the Soviet Union is the aggressor trying to bring Communist "liberation" to Europe. You can play as either the Allies or the Soviets.

NOTE: Due to the sheer amount of units the enemy will send at you, it is advisable to turn off the Animate Battles option during the AI's turn unless you want to sit there for a good 30 minutes watching each individual battle unfold. Also, due to the large scale of each playable faction it is not uncommon to take up to an hour just to make all the moves you want to make during your turn. This is a very time consuming scenario!

Victory Conditions:
Conquest or scoring a million victory points. Victory points can be earned through controlling any of the 26 victory points on the map as well as killing enemy units

Factions:

Allies- These guys control most of the map early in the game but that will probably change within the first few turns. Your units are weaker than their Soviet counterparts and they outnumber you as well. What does this mean for you? It means don't try to go toe-to-toe with the Soviets because you will lose every time. Things will be rough in the beginning and it will test your skills as a strategist, but if you can manage to hold on until you get your advanced weapons, you should be able to even the odds. Your forces are also faster than their Soviet counterparts and the Allies have a lot of invisible units as well. This means you can fight a guerilla war and launch hit and run attacks. Your units are also cheaper and you have much better production capability than the Soviets, so just keep churning out units and you should be able to eventually drown the Soviets with the sheer number of weaker units you throw at them. Your Navy is also a huge advantage for you. You start off with a bigger fleet than the Soviets and your ships are better as well. Play your cards right and you can have the Soviets blockaded in no time.

Soviets- Huge military, strong units, and air superiority define the Soviet war machine. Play as the Soviets if you want a really easy game or if you just love killing capitalists. Since the CivIII AI doesn't know how to properly use a lot of the Allies' sneakier weapons, it will just turn into a slugfest which you will have no problem winning since your tanks are stronger and you have uncontested control of the skies. The Allied Navy might prove to be a nuisence for you, but ships can't stop you from taking cities now can they? However, your government has the Standard Tile Penalty, which means your economic growth and production ability will be greatly hampered compared to the Allies. What does this mean for a Soviet player? It means if you don't want to be overwhelmed then you have to try and conquer as much territory as you can as fast as possible to keep the Allies from mobilizing an effective resistence.

Switzerland- An unplayable neutral faction. They use the same units as the Allies and don't have very many units. They are basically there to be used however you or your enemy sees fit. Trade with them, conquer them, or get them to fight your enemy to draw attention away from you for a few turns (and I mean a FEW turns, since they can't last long against either faction).

Credits:

REDY- The map and unit placement were based off his Red Alert scenario.

Wyrmshadow- A lot of his units fit so well, I don't think the scenario would have looked as good without his units.

Gary Childress- Same for him. His infantry units really fit the style I was looking for.

Warpstorm- For his watercolor terrain.

Westwood Studios- For making such an amazing game like Red Alert.

Electronic Arts- For keeping Command and Conquer alive.

Anyone that I missed that feels they should be credited, please let me know. I hate not giving people credit where it is due.

Well here's the Download...
Moderator Action: Broken download updated - Blake00
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/command-and-conquer-red-alert-scenario-repack.27644/

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played any Red Alert games (although I've bought Red Alert 3 during last Steam Sales, I still have to play it), so I won't be able to compare it to its source. Additionally, I'll only have the time to glance over.

Anyway, given that context, I write here a few points I've noticed and wanted to share :

- Terrain, graphics and units look nice. It is actually nice to see the Spanish toro tank again. Btw, the heavy tank doesn't have "Ranged Attack Animation" checked.

- In the Foreign Advisors, the leaderheads are from classic Civilizations. It'd more consistant to use the same pictures from the scenario start or at least the same characters.

- The pedia entries are clear and informative.
-- Something wrong with XXXX pedia pcx :
--- Allied Rifle Soldier
--- Attack Dog
--- Flamethrower

- The tech tree :

-- There is no choice. While it lets the player focus on the war, it's kind of disappointing to be helpless toward what to research. Command & Conquer games ask the player to make choices : beeline to that unit, upgrades your infantries, go air-force or ground-control. I think it would be more satisfactory for the player to have a real tech-tree.
-- From a graphic standpoint, you can modify the actual .pcx so the arrows go exactly where you want them.

- I'm overwhelmed.

Well, it's overwhelming by design: a lot of cities, a lot of pre-placed units (more than 800 per side). I prefer to start with a small force, whether it's a settler or a small army, and build my empire from that. I'm, of course, aware that's only my preference and I know huge map scenarii, focused on large empire warfare have its fans. :) I'll let them comment on the gameplay.

I am working on an updated .biq that will change a few things. Mostly it will change the things Supa pointed out (since a lot of those were things I meant to have, but just got a little careless). So this will basically be a polishing update. Here's what you can expect with the update:

1. Add the Ranged Attack flag for all tanks.

2. Try to fix broken pedia icons. The ones I used came with the units and I tried to fix them before release, but I guess I'll just use different icons that are similar to the unit.

3. The Tech Tree will undergo some changes. All tech requirements will go away, meaning you can research any tech level you want from the beginning. Their cost will stay the same though, so going for the highest tech level in the beginning will take a long time to research.

4. The leaderheads in the diplomacy window will match the leaderheads seen when choosing your faction in the beginning.

I will post in this thread when the update is complete and uploaded.

I am working on the update and I almost have it done, but my internet access is going to be very limited since I am currently in the middle of a move, so I don't know when I'll be able to post it.

I apologize for the wait.

Thanks for posting that link. I lost the files for this scenario a long time ago, so I couldn't re-post it.

@jiikoo & @Commodore unfortunately that file is now gone too. Is it too big to be hosted here at CivFinatics downloads section? If so Moddb can host large files, vids and pics etc.

EDIT: I can see in the first post the file is apparently only 56 megs. It's its not 7zipped it can probably be even smaller using that and CivFanatics should support up to about 140megs I think.

I don't have the files anymore. Hell, I don't even have the PC they were on anymore.

Darn.. another cool mod lost to time.. :( hopefully another fan out there will still have a copy as 1 more rescue and it can be uploaded to the civfinactics downloads section ensuring its never lost again.

I noticed no screenshots.. out of curiosity did your scenario have tiberian sun looking terrain too? Or was it just C&C units on regular Civ3 terrain? Was just thinking how cool it would be playing Civ on a apocalyptic C&C2TS style world.

Last edited:
I did use a different terrain set, but I can't remember which one. I think I used the same terrain used for the Cold War mod.

Darn.. another cool mod lost to time.. :( hopefully another fan out there will still have a copy as 1 more rescue and it can be uploaded to the civfinactics downloads section ensuring its never lost again.

I noticed no screenshots.. out of curiosity did your scenario have tiberian sun looking terrain too? Or was it just C&C units on regular Civ3 terrain? Was just thinking how cool it would be playing Civ on a apocalyptic C&C2TS style world.

Here you go, the original files and biq. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tsT2Udi6lFoSbORMl6owa1fitDeD2rRW?usp=sharing

Beware, there are a few bugs including, missing sounds, immobile units moving with number pad, incorrect unit combat rotations, no unique unit.32 file, etc.

Maybe you could fine tune this scenario... Also Supa posted a thread on how to convert units from command & conquer to Civilization 3, he might have some Tiberian sun units, I know there are other command and conquer units converted for Civ 3.

Here you go, the original files and biq. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tsT2Udi6lFoSbORMl6owa1fitDeD2rRW?usp=sharing

Beware, there are a few bugs including, missing sounds, immobile units moving with number pad, incorrect unit combat rotations, no unique unit.32 file, etc.

Maybe you could fine tune this scenario... Also Supa posted a thread on how to convert units from command & conquer to Civilization 3, he might have some Tiberian sun units, I know there are other command and conquer units converted for Civ 3.

Yeah, it was a work in progress when I initially released it and just never got around to finishing it. I still don't have the time to finish it, but if anyone else wants to take it over, I'm cool with it.

Thank you so much @Stew Pid ! Rescued again haha! I've been on the hunt for Civ scenarios relating to C&C and Red Alert so this is super cool that we've found Commodore's Red Alert scenario as it's probably the only one of it's kind! EDIT: Nope I found another much older Civ3 Red Alert scenario HERE! :)

I've tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam install users will need to modify label files) and it worked! Very cool, I was expecting ripped C&C units but these are custom made! I like the little dudes wheeling the mobile tesla towers around hahaha.

I failed to successfully upload the file to CivFanatics downloads area. It says you can upload up to 147mbs but clearly not as I don't think I've been able to successfully upload anything bigger than 20mbs. It finishes the upload and the CivFanatics upload box says "error" and gives me no reason lol. Might chat to an admin about it as I can see this mod getting lost again lol!

EDIT: Good news guys. I spoke with Thunderfall & the other admins about this and they gave me a higher upload limit! :)

I've repacked with 7zip (down to 40MB from the old 56MB zip file) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work. I've also created a download page, added a icon and 2 nice HD pictures that I'll stick below too. So as long as this site lives his mod will never get lost again. :) Next time @Commodore visits CFC he can modify his original post download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone one. EDIT: As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've now edited the original thread post's download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone one.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/command-and-conquer-red-alert-scenario-repack.27644/

Stalin!
Red1.jpg

World map with lots of mobile telsa towers
Red2.jpg

The other reason I'm super keen on Red Alert scenarios is I've been working on a Red Alert universe Civ2 scenario (20 years too late haha) that's based on the New York mission from Red Alert 2:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...nario-mod-pack-for-civ2.646728/#post-15647111

Last edited:
Top Bottom