Rise of Mankind 2.8 Feedback and bug reports

every time i load my game i have to redo all the options i selected for the bug mod
another thing i noticed i don't know if its supposed to do this or not but i built the warlord chief(S) and attached it to one of my units. after doing that i can build another despite the one per nation

@Darken24 The warlord(S) means you can only have in play that is not attached to unit.

1st CTD with RoM2.8Lite last night. Log attatached.

Every time i load my game i have to redo all the options i selected for the bug mod

I noticed this too. I remember there being a fix for this in one of the earlier versions but the procedure doesn't come to mind. For me its a bit of a nuisance as I like having things such as 'battle effects' and 'holy city relocation' on. If I find anything out before the next person posts the solution, I'll let you know.

Edit: I think I may have fixed it by loading a game, pressing enter (after setting preferred options on/off), then reloading that last save. I'll know if it resets if I exit BTS completely then reload that save.

@NBAfan the whole point of the unit is to attach it to another unit. whats the point of the whole point system to get the great warlords if i can just keep attaching them to unit and build another. i could just equip my entire army with them with no effort

@darken: Warlords are expansive and you can build about 4 times the normal soldiers than the 5 xp / -50% upgrade cost / potential +100% xp from combat - promotion Warlord (S). They often are too expensive and too high in production cost for me in my snail/deity games...

every time i load my game i have to redo all the options i selected for the bug mod
I had this problem once because I changed the name of the Mod folder from Rise of Mankind to something else. BUG looked for it's ini file using the standard mod name.
There was a file with the mod name/path. I don't remember where and which file, but it was in text format (probably xml). I don't know if this has been changed.

@NBAfan the whole point of the unit is to attach it to another unit. whats the point of the whole point system to get the great warlords if i can just keep attaching them to unit and build another. i could just equip my entire army with them with no effort

I do, at least I keep adding a warlord to a unit stack containing a unit with warlord attached and another without one until the original unit gets to level six and I can build the wonders that require level six experiance. :)

Warlords are an addition very suitable for my play style.
I always build a single stack army which runs like wrecking ball through enemy lands. Having Heroic promotion makes it just that.

I noticed none of my improvements were upgrading, mines, cottages etc.
Quite sucky but I'm not gonna quit my current game because of that..

Mmm, just experienced an independance declaration of Berlin, giving in to their demands I chose to make it an vassal of mine. Doing so I lost control of my empire and gained control over the 1 city civ vassal.. Quite dumb & sucky.

Allthough ROM'2 isn't optimized for MP I would like to mention that a new bug has surfaced in MP(since I played it a year ago that is). Every time you attack a barb the game goes out of sync, it does not do so if you're attacked by the barbs.

I havent got my trade caravan and i don't really know why.

First i thought i've got Trade too late, but then a couple of turns later the random event message for the free trade caravan popped up, and see - AI is moving one into my territory :(

I've reloaded the game and checked it and yes, i just haven't got my trade caravan, but AI got it some turns later when it finished Trade. Perhaps i missed something on that... or it's a bug

First i thought i've got Trade too late, but then a couple of turns later the random event message for the free trade caravan popped up, and see - AI is moving one into my territory :(

I've reloaded the game and checked it and yes, i just haven't got my trade caravan, but AI got it some turns later when it finished Trade. Perhaps i missed something on that... or it's a bug

No, it is not a bug. In real world we call it "equality of opportunity" or "affirmative action" :D You are probably well off, technology leader and overall doing great, so the game decided you don't need free trade caravan. It should go to the poor AI, no matter that you paid for it :lol:

No, it is not a bug. In real world we call it "equality of opportunity" or "affirmative action" :D You are probably well off, technology leader and overall doing great, so the game decided you don't need free trade caravan. It should go to the poor AI, no matter that you paid for it :lol:

Myself, I prefer "Fairness Doctrine", but that's me. ;)

It might be a bug, maybe the event odds of happening aren't 100% for some reason...

Runs the scenario a gigant earth of 31 civilization. I make the first move. I press enter, and the game crashes, civ4 stopped working and will be closed. In dueling maps everything is ok. What is?

Similar problem with "Earth map, preset 23 civs" scenario. When you press enter to finish the first turn the game crashes...

Does anyone else have problems with the "Barbarian World"-setting in the startup sequence?

Whenever I chose it, RoM will enter an eternal loop during map creation. Only option is to kill Civ4 via taskmanager.
If I don't check it, RoM starts up like a charm.
That game option works for me.

Runs the scenario a gigant earth of 31 civilization. I make the first move. I press enter, and the game crashes, civ4 stopped working and will be closed. In dueling maps everything is ok. What is?
It's been reported couple times but I haven't had time this week to check any of the mapscenarios.

1st CTD with RoM2.8Lite last night. Log attatached.
Didn't see any problems on those logs. Wasn't there any other log files? As about half wasn't included in your post.

Allthough ROM'2 isn't optimized for MP I would like to mention that a new bug has surfaced in MP(since I played it a year ago that is). Every time you attack a barb the game goes out of sync, it does not do so if you're attacked by the barbs.
I hope it will be fixed for the next version. Most likely it's caused by new RevDCM or by Better BtS AI... perhaps some modmodder with debug dll could give me some insight to this matter...

perhaps some modmodder with debug dll could give me some insight to this matter...

I think I can take a hint. This isn't RoM's fault, it looks like RevDCM 2.6 broke multiplayer even worse than it was already broken. Luckily, 2.7 is going to be a MP release, but for now, I would advise MP games to turn off barbarians.

Often when new Civs emerge from Barbarians this message pops up, sometimes it may be the "Tales of Seafaring People" message.

Top Bottom