[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine: War News Thread: Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia would never bring the lives of Ukrainian civilians in danger in order to try to gain an advantage.
Heck, they would even negotiatie peace to make them stop killing Ukrainian civilians, for the small price of a big chunk of Ukraine.

You're all a bunch of Russophobes.

The west will not take "Russia's side" that would be silly, by invading Ukraine they are to blame for all destruction that follows, quite regardless of who detonated the explosives.
Says it all, really.
But it's a dangerous stance, because then there is no care for what actually happened, rendering it superfluous to even investigate.

The west will not take "Russia's side" that would be silly, by invading Ukraine they are to blame for all destruction that follows, quite regardless of who detonated the explosives.
Not quite. Even in defense there are certain thresholds a defending army cannot cross. Defending is not a free pass to commit atrocities.

Within those parameters, you're right. All the lives of soldiers and civilians lost are accountable to Russia. Because .... Russia invaded Ukraine.

Quite. Very little is investigated during a war. That's why it is best not to start wars, anything can happen.

Flooding land for military reasons is not unheard of btw, happened numerous times in recent history.

“Strategic flooding is a highly risky tactic. It can only be successful if there’s a well-thought-out backup plan and a plan for fast repairs,” warns de Kraker. However, that was not the case here, he says: “I desperately looked for evidence of backup plans for the repair of the dykes and who was going to pay for the costs incurred. I could find hardly any records of such plans.”

Last edited:
Was this dam more important to Russia or Ukraine? Does it create a huge problem with water to Crimea?
Reminds one of the Nordstream destruction, which sort of fell off the news without any actual investigation.
Says it all, really.
But it's a dangerous stance, because then there is no care for what actually happened, rendering it superfluous to even investigate.
For someone who "doesn't defend Russia", you sure do bend over backward a lot to try to deflect blame from them.
That's quite obscene, but then you did the same with the corpses in Bucha so what's new ?

We aren't in some tv show, so your mud slinging has no purpose.

If it isn't visible as different from "defending Russia"/"deflecting blame", to ask to investigate things before shouting your view that "x obviously did it!!", then I am certainly not to blame.

If it isn't visible as different from "defending Russia"/"deflecting blame", to ask to investigate things before shouting your view that "x obviously did it!!", then I am certainly not to blame.
You are definitely shouting your views before "investigations". Only you package them in questions. But you don't really want to wait for the questions to be answered.

Which doesn't mean there was any plan to attack there.
Besides, weren't the russian troops there entrenched for literally an entire year? (let alone on the other side of a river) (@red_elk ?)
More like half a year.
Says it all, really.
Investigation, shminvestigation, who cares about such stuff? It's a post-truth world, just blame Russia.

Investigation, shminvestigation, who cares about such stuff? It's a post-truth world, just blame Russia.
Oh how ironic. Coming from a Russian who's country is the largest propagator of online bot farms, online propaganda and financial supporter of fringe parties and other extremists. But unfortunately for you, there's only one reality and finally the West realized this (after a long delay).
But hey, at least you can turn emotionally unstable and lesser educated people. [snip] Moderator Action: Edited by Birdjaguar

You are not the victim. You are the perpetrator.

Last edited:
Investigating the country which illegally invaded Ukraine and has been in possession of the territory for months does sound like a sensible idea, you're right.

The discussion about the motivations is superfluous since only the Russian could have blown it up. If a Storm Shadow or an aerial bomb could do this which I highly doubt we would have 24 videos of the attack and a huge mushroom cloud.

The explosion likely took place deep underneath because nobody in the vicinity seems to have heard it. I'm currently chatting with two friends whose families live in Tavriysk, which is 3+ km from the dam. No explosions were heard last night and in the morning.

The destruction has been announced, as pending, by Ukraine, for some time now, with the claim that Russia would do it to blame Ukraine.
But who would ever think that the "west" would take Russia's side, thus making such a blame-game feasible by Russia?
As usual, no actual information (or even will for such) to establish who did it (ala Nordstream).
a lot of western people are very receptive to Russian propaganda, since years.

To blow up a dam like that with aerial attack takes several tons of explosives and specifically designed weapon. Ukraine's standoff precision weapons don't have the payload, and I'm not even sure they have any bomb in the inventory with necessary payload, even if they could rig a JDAM kit for it. And aerial attack would be almost suicidal with current situation.

Trying to remind you about humanity and dignity.
Because precisely, we're not in a TV show, and there are thousands upon thousands innocent people who are suffering about Russia's actions, while you're busy finding ways to deflect obvious responsibility.
That's precisely the obscene part, trying to disguise defense of a murderous agressor as noble search for truth. Search for truth is of course desirable, but your inquiries have been curiously going mainly one way, even in the face of Russia doing nothing but piling lies and war crimes since the beginning. At some point, we can't help but wonder, and notice that the claimed intent doesn't really fit the track record.

Seeing reports of 150-500 tons of industrial oil (likely from the powerplant itself) spilled into the flooding waters.

Trying to remind you about humanity and dignity.
Spare me the holier than thou garbage.

That's precisely the obscene part, trying to disguise defense of a murderous agressor as noble search for truth. Search for truth is of course desirable, but your inquiries have been curiously going mainly one way, even in the face of Russia doing nothing but piling lies and war crimes since the beginning. At some point, we can't help but wonder, and notice that the claimed intent doesn't really fit the track record.
My post was about the news bit, asking about establishing what happened at the dam. You, as usual, only care about pontificating nefarious undercurrents for other posters, not news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom