Shiro's Levante Pack

they should enter the kingdom of jerusalem spearman or the palmyra swodsman, my opinion. the jerusalem spearman with colour 21 - makes you feel like in the movie...very very well done.:eek:

they should enter the kingdom of jerusalem spearman or the palmyra swodsman, my opinion. the jerusalem spearman with colour 21 - makes you feel like in the movie...very very well done.:eek:
A big and vaired unit pack! Don't forget to enter one in the monthly unit competition!
Thank you, I forgot to enter our Korean pack last time. So this time, I decided to do it right away. The Kingdom of Jerusalem Spearman will represent the pack.

I love the details on the shields!

to tell you the truth and only the truth i had an awfull crisis two or three months ago, because i did not have a jerusalem spearman, i did not know what to do, and some days ago i spoted the jerusalem spearman, and beleived fortune mocks me, because i have suffered such a heavy lack for so much time and then unexpected - the levante pack, i almost fell down from the chair. i am still happy in this moment, it whas a long time and a huge reward thank you:thanx:

First I would like to say very nice job. I can definitely use some of these units. That said, I would like to make a suggestion. In the levantepack02, the Roman Guard is carrying a pilum. This would be a useless weapon for a guard. The pilum was designed as a hurling weapon to penetrate enemy shields and render them useless. It was never intended to be used as a thrusting weapon. I would change the weapon to a regular spear.

Hoooooray! This was a pack that I never saw that I'd see made. I am indebted to you, gentlemen.

Any chance for more slingers.
I see that not too many have been made over the years.

You got a fine Maccabeen Slinger in this pack, but could it be converted into Persian/Assyrian/Egyptian/Greek/Rhodian/Thracian or whatever your fancy Shiro ??

Today I can only find this new Maccabeen Slinger, the older Maccabeen, the RoR slinger and the Balearic Slinger.
Slingers was what I understand used in many armies i those ancient times. Perhaps even before the archers.

Not even Sandris, I think, had any slingers in his huge and fine packages of units.

Attachments

• egyptian slingers.jpg
    egyptian slingers.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 217
  • arabian slingers.jpg
    arabian slingers.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 151
Need a bigger pic? Even a few in-game screenies? I have the game, y'know.

Need a bigger pic? Even a few in-game screenies? I have the game, y'know.
I do too, its one of my favorite strategy games ;)

But if there is a different version you'd like to see from a history book/site or even from a RTW mod, feel free to post it on my WIP thread.

I will admit, I could do with... well, many slingers, of all types. I haven't written up army structures for all civs, but I'll just say the more you make the better. Preferably at least one from each rough culture group, ie, African, Native American, Mesoamerican, East Asian, Middle Easters, etc.

As I've said, I still haven't worked out the unit lines, so I wasn't sure :) It was in common use throughout the world as a shepherds and a hunting weapon, I figured it would be in use globally as a levy's weapon. I'll do some research... :D

What I was thinking on was to have these slingers mostly for Med-nations and of course the Middle East/Arabians. Of course including the Persians and Indians.

The Rhodians would be for the Greeks, as the Balearics should be for Carthage and Spain. Some sort of mercenaries.
Rome would later have their Velites and Greeks Peltast.

Slingers should be fast moving light units, with perhaps a small defensive bombard.

Just viewed the movie Alexander where javelineers and slingers promptly rushed in front of the Phalanx to shower the advancing Persians at Gaugamela.

Any kind of slingers to add to the few present will be greatfully accepted.
Thanks

Top Bottom