StarNES: Updates Without Number (Epoch I)

Awesome! :D

66 GC¤ Available
Nebulae @ 0617, 0717, 0817/30¤
Banked 36¤

(As I had not put up orders)

The map for this update is done, though I am missing a few orders. I'll let them slide/check the thread tomorrow morning to see if the players--whose names are not bolded on the front-page--have posted orders.

I have posted orders, it seems that my former username hasn't, though :p

Update IX: Returning to the Stars

Triumphantly the galaxy resumed its long march down the path of creation. Older systems saw themselves filled with more planetary monuments, and new stars burst into existence in a testament to the tenacity of creation. Chrystosen (2007) filled out its system with a large gas-giant—the second largest in the cluster of stars that made up the Blessed Sector—accompanied by a ring of moons surrounding the jovian planet. Barmile (1216) too completed its planetary family with the inclusion of an ugly, red world too-close to the sun.

A pair of planets formed nearby Schlock-Targon (1402)—one a heavily vegetated world, the other a barely habitable toxic rock. Similarly Crossroads (1411) was completed by two massive worlds—a jovian giant and a terrible, smoldering rock scorched by the bright star's heat. Titanotaur (1212) was no more lucky in its gamble with creation, producing a massive, but far-flung planet rendered a bitter, frozen wasteland due to its distance from the system's sun. However, Lacuna (1414) could claim a great deal more success, adding to its system another, larger world blooming with life, while a second planet whose habitability—while tolerable—was overshadowed by its more fortunate planetary siblings.

More importantly creation's long slumber was ended with the birth of a multitude of new stars. Outer Rim I (2606) came into existence, a distant star on the very edges of the quadrant, and soon thereafter was joined by two small planetary bodies: a gas giant and a nearby frozen heap of rock. Much further elsewhere the Ammutseba (0520) formed and simultaneously Yomagn'tho (0417) and Kasunga (0618) also were born. Quite accidentally, the two stars shared similar properties to the nearby Genishia, and the three small, smoldering red stars formed the triangular constellation from which the sector derived its name: Trio. Lastly, Sheogorath (1705) flared into being just above the increasingly dense, swirling massive nebula slowly taking shape.

Perhaps the most intriguing development during this era was the joining of the two nebulae clouds into one massive, sprawling body that essential split the quadrant in two (0518, 0617, 0717, 0718, 0817, 0917, 1016). The great nebula also finally enclosed much of the Blessed Sector, veiling the region's many bejeweled stars behind a nigh impenetrable cosmic fog (2106, 2205, 2306).

A pair of large comets threatened to undo some of the small gains the quadrant saw this era, one entering the Xandu System (0614) and the other the Ender System (0616), but both flew harmlessly into the suns of the respective systems.

Star-Map

Star-Map Legend
Spoiler :

Player GC¤
thomas.berubeg: 26GC¤ (20+6+0)
Gem Hound: 42GC¤ (20+19+3)
Eltain: 85GC¤ (20+13+52)
spaceman98: 111GC¤ (20+18+73) 1 Kudos
TerrisH: 30GC¤ (20+8+2)
Blaze Injun: 26GC¤ (20+4+2)
Double A: 36GC¤ (20+16+0)
Optical: 34GC¤ (20+14+0)
hbar: 31GC¤ (20+11+0)
Haseri: 160GC¤ (20+12+128+:scared:) 1 Kudos
SouthernKing: 80GC¤ (20+2+58)
Terrance888: 35GC¤ (20+6+9)
Tecknojock: 92GC¤ (20+19+54)
Tambien: 153GC¤ (20+3+130+:scared:)
theDright: 81GC¤ (20+15+46)
nutranurse: 62GC¤ (20+6+36)
mayor: 106GC¤ (20+18+68) 1 Kudos

EDIT:

OOC: So the NES is back up! Tomorrow I'll be sending out messages en masse to let people know that the NES is resuming its endless stream of updates. After the next update I will most likely be reducing the amount of objects a star can hold down from 6 to 4 so as t encourage people to plop down more stars at a faster rate, and also to keep hexes a bit less cluttered.

As some of you may have noticed I have started to give various sectors within this galactic quadrant names (e.g., The Blessed Sector, Trio). At some point later on I'll put down a map of what the various sector names are as more defining features develop in their applicable regions. I do, however, encourage players to come up with their own names for various sectors!

Lastly, I don't think you guys would have ever guessed my favorite feature of the map so I'll just reveal it: the moons are yellow because they are made from cheese.

Name the star least I name it Anus or something equally scatological!

Optical: 34GC¤
8 GC: large asteroid field in 1322
20 GC: star in 1421, name: Intrasomnium
5 GC: small planet, named Optnes if it is habitable or gaian (let's be meta!) or Verteig if not
1 GC: bank

What's this? 160 Credits?

Now, should I take suggestions, or let the random number functions decide the fate of a few worlds?

It's back!

SK: 80 GC
50 GC into a binary system in 2109 (if I can't do this because of the wormhole., move to 2208).
-1 star will be called Khil and the other Bradbury.
10 GC into 1 medium gas giants
10 GC into 2 small terrestrials
10 GC into 1 medium terrestrial
0 GC banked

Hey,

26GC¤
Banked: 26GC¤

EDIT:
Lastly, I don't think you guys would have ever guessed my favorite feature of the map so I'll just reveal it: the moons are yellow because they are made from cheese.

Lordy smokes those moons are all colored green on my screen. :crazyeye:

Blaze Injun

Spaceman 111 GC
Bank everything.

Randomness it is.

160GC¤ Available
150GC¤ to buy a Black Hole (The Staring Abyss) at 2106
Bank 10GC¤

Double Post, please delete.

It's back!

SK: 80 GC
50 GC into a binary system in 2109 (if I can't do this because of the wormhole., move to 2208).
-1 star will be called Khil and the other Bradbury.
10 GC into 1 medium gas giants
10 GC into 2 small terrestrials
10 GC into 1 medium terrestrial
0 GC banked

Sadly you cannot build stars inside of already-placed nebulae. I can move the stars to 2110, though.

Edit:
62GC¤ Available
Nebulae in 1812, 1912, 2012, 2112, 2111, 2010/60GC¤
Banked 2GC¤GC¤

Top Bottom