The Olive Branch Thread

I never apologized to Kyriakios for being an asshat to him for a few months this last year.

I also feel I owe TraitorFish an apology as well. I remember exploding in rage at him during the Fergeson riots and being a nasty person toward him.

Heartfelt apologies you two, happy new years.

I apologize to everyone for the terribad grammar I've been unloading today and will unload over the next few days. Apparently the Vicodin has affected my cognitive skills more than I realized.

Yeah bone infections!
Dude it's uncanny how this was my last post here, (a year ago) considering what just happened to me this past Monday.

I wanna reach an olive branch out to Mouthwash. Even though most of your ideas only gain my dismissal, I really have to commend you: Whenever you make a thread you stick with it, you always argue and you argue well, you never ever dodge any posts and you don't show dismissive attitude. Really just seems like you genuinely want to discuss ideas, often times ideas that aren't too popular in society, which is a great thing. I will probably continue to disagree with you in the future, but you've still earned my respect.

I am pretty confident that most times when I upset someone it was intentional, and I don't apologize because I fully intend to do it again.

The known exception to this is FarmBoy, who I hold in great regard despite our core differences.

I wanna reach an olive branch out to Mouthwash. Even though most of your ideas only gain my dismissal, I really have to commend you: Whenever you make a thread you stick with it, you always argue and you argue well, you never ever dodge any posts and you don't show dismissive attitude. Really just seems like you genuinely want to discuss ideas, often times ideas that aren't too popular in society, which is a great thing. I will probably continue to disagree with you in the future, but you've still earned my respect.

:trophy:

I don't often get compliments for my internet militancy, so this is an odd feeling for me. But thanks.

I would like to take this time to openly apologize to every single member of this forum who I have hurt or offended.

I will be more specific for some of the things I wish to apologize for. I have, in the past, said horrible things. I have vastly changed my world views on almost every issue imaginable, in the past few years. I have vastly changed my personality as well. I have changed many things. In the past I said some things which were simply incorrect. In the past I have said things that were horribly offensive. And some of the things I meant as a shock value joke, but were still obviously in poor taste.

I haven’t been posting on CFC (especially on a regular basis) for a very long time. So some of you may not be aware of what is going on.

Maybe this sounds just a little bit arrogant, but for someone to change as much as I did in such a short time, is commendable. The only ‘defense’ I have for myself is that I was not trying to be a bad person to begin with. Rather, I was just mislead and brainwashed in many ways.

What am I about to say next may sound like trolling, especially coming from me. But I swear to God it is the truth:

I have, for the past several months, had ‘flashbacks’ of things I have said that I regret. Some of these things were from a few years ago. Some of these things were from 10 years ago. I have said some very incorrect things, both on civfanatics and elsewhere. But these flashbacks have gotten to a point that it is interfering with my life on a regular basis. If I am writing on my blog, working on my homework, or doing something else productive, my mind immediately goes back to one of the things I said in the past which I deeply regret. Sometimes it even happens in public. And I say the word “sorry” out loud. And other people are like “what are you apologizing for.”

I have talked to my psychiatrist about this issue. She said “you were wrong in the past, but from the way you beat yourself up, you would think you literally murdered someone”. And that “tons of people are young and dumb in their teens and early 20’s” She could be right. But this is a part of who I am- to never let anything go. I want to fix it. I do not know where to start.

But this is also the reason why I hold grudges for extremely long periods of time. I dwell on the past, both for myself or for anyone else. There are things others have done to me in high school (10 years ago) who I still actively hold a grudge against. There are things I have done in high school myself which I actively hold a grudge against myself for. Again, all of this needs to be worked on. I do not know how to fix it. One thing, I don’t know why, it doesn’t even matter how hard I try.

I which I could apologize to every single person in the world who I have ever hurt or offended. Sadly, this is impossible. But I would like to make this thread for CFC. Maybe this is selfish, but the reason I am asking you to apologize is not just for you. It is mostly for me. I hope it would give me some peace of mind. Both my psychiatrist and my therapist think the number one thing triggering my depression, is that I do not let go. It is ok (or even understandable) if you do not want to accept my apology. However, I ask that you not troll this thread. This is very important to me.

I think ‘personal’ threads may not be allowed. But I hope I don’t get pimp-slapped with an infraction for this. I truly have the best of intentions.

Last edited:
welcome back

Do you accept my apology?

Is that a yes or no that you accept the apology?

I'll accept it, (tho I can't remember why its needed) on the never look a gift horse in the mouth principle
but if its important to you
welcome back to the mayhem....

You never offended me. Go and sin no more.

@caketastydelish In my opinion, your memories aren't an accurate recollection of how you behaved. I may not have seen everything you posted, but in what I did you didn't seem abrasive at all.

I actually had this problem, but it was somewhat milder for me. The cure is simply to live more in the moment- have a decent social life, be active, do exciting things. There's really no other solution. If you sit around for hours reading and posting online you will never stop ruminating.

(This would also be the part where I tell you that psychology isn't a rigorous field and that no psychologist I've ever seen helped me in the slightest, but the mods might not like that so I won't.)

Yeah, I've been knocking about for a long time, and I remember you from way back, but I really don't recognise the person you describe in your post when you describe your former self. Maybe you didn't do any of that stuff in the threads I read or posted in, but I agree with Mouthwash that your memories aren't an accurate recollection of your behaviour.

In any case, I'm sure we've all moved on.

I never apologized to Kyriakios for being an asshat to him for a few months this last year.

I also feel I owe TraitorFish an apology as well. I remember exploding in rage at him during the Fergeson riots and being a nasty person toward him.

Heartfelt apologies you two, happy new years.

Apologizes
Still misspells name

:D

And we have been utterly cool for a while now, didn't even see this up to now ^^

Slovenia has an HDI of .892, tied with Finland, ranks 8th in the world in gender equality right between Germany and France (US #43), has a Gini index of 23.8 (lower than Norway), virtually 100% literacy, a murder rate of 0.7, great food, culture, people etc. etc. and their cable news don't cause ulcers.

And the capital looks like this:
Spoiler :

These are widely know facts, not secrets.

So on behalf of CFC i would like to apologise to Slovenia on account of comments made by other posters.
Btw:
The gender (in)equality index for 2013 is out.

Slovenia #1

And...

... since supposedly liberal media in the Anglosphere exerted significant labour last year badmouthing Slovenia as a terribad place, where mail-order-brides come from...

... i shall re-re-affirm my apology.

And...

... since supposedly liberal media in the Anglosphere exerted significant labour last year badmouthing Slovenia as a terribad place, where mail-order-brides come from...

... i shall re-re-affirm my apology.
Didn't work. I still think of Slovenia primarily as a place where Zizeks come from.

Top Bottom