The Olive Branch Thread

Do you think this thread might someday be examined by archaeologists to provide clues to a long term peace in the Middle East?

Do you think this thread might someday be examined by archaeologists to provide clues to a long term peace in the Middle East?

Nah, 'cause it will be found in Mongolia, taken from there under false pretenses, found again trying to be sold, the perpetrator arrested and dealt with, then taken back to Mongolia where it will never be heard from again.

Nah, 'cause it will be found in Mongolia, taken from there under false pretenses, found again trying to be sold, the perpetrator arrested and dealt with, then taken back to Mongolia where it will never be heard from again.

Mongolian revolution starts! Avargas to create an oil empire that rules from sea to shaking sea.
============

But in regards to peace in the Middle East, I think the most logical way (not the easiest way) would be a one state solution. It would mean creating a common culture and a common unity for Palestinians and Jews alike. Because in truth, I think the best way to look at Israel is to compare it with apartheid South Africa. It could be made a strong united state - and begin to swallow up its neighbors if unified under a great peacemonger. Of course I don't see it happening any time soon, but its the only way I envision peace there (well except for complete annihilation of the opposing people, but that's not truly peace)

I apologize to GhostWriter for being rude to him in general.

He knows how I feel about him and why I feel so strongly when replying to his posts.

Haha this is such a feel good thread.

I specifically try to avoid any personal attacks, but I'm sure I've slipped up a few times. And I know I was real dick in the past.

I remember saying something particularly hurtful about NickyJ, just for some political view he had. I'm really sorry about that :(

I was pretty mean to GhostWriter16 when he first joined, but I think we're cool now haha. You're one of the nicest people on here and you don't deserve a speck of the BS you get.

Joecoolyo I don't remember exactly but I think I said some mean things to you in the past that you totally didn't deserve, you seem like an awesome person.

MobBoss I've directed quite a few flames your way and while I vehemently disagree with almost everything you say, you've never once said anything personal about me. Sorry for my immaturity.

I know I'm forgetting people because I used to take all this stuff so seriously, so if anyone has something to bring up I'll gladly apologize :)

Joecoolyo I don't remember exactly but I think I said some mean things to you in the past that you totally didn't deserve, you seem like an awesome person.

I don't think you've ever actually been mean to me in the past, though I feel like I have been towards you. Probably in some long forgotten Israel thread that I wish to bury from memory. If we were ever mean to each other, I apologize and I accept your apology. As I said in my other post in this thread, no one deserves any sort of hate for the beliefs they hold. Everyone when outside politics is an interesting an awesome person with something to say, and I don't want to miss any of that over some political tiffy.

So we're cool dude, I'd like to see you post more outside political threads so I and the rest of us can see your awesome side :)

MobBoss I've directed quite a few flames your way and while I vehemently disagree with almost everything you say, you've never once said anything personal about me. Sorry for my immaturity.

Why thank you!

For me, I don't know where to start since some that I've offended with my attitude and opinions within OT don't post any longer :(.

Mise & Agentman are the only ones I've really argued with, and they know I think he's awesome.
I think the only thread I remember "arguing" with you rather than "discussing" is the thread where the racist Jewish lady accused an Arab guy of rape because he didn't tell her he was Arabic. I was completely wrong about the entire thing, and, separately, I'm sorry if any of that got too heated.

For me, I don't know where to start since some that I've offended with my attitude and opinions within OT don't post any longer :(.
If you feel the need to apologize, why not do it anyway? They might still lurk, or someone could pass it along to them via email or some other site. Regret for one's past actions is no less sincere if the source of the regret isn't around to know of it. :)

I had to sit down and think this one through. Since I've been around for a lot longer. Some of the posters that I've listed, may or may not post here in CFC anymore.

MobBoss: With the amount of harsh statements that I have made, through out the years we've argued. Many of them have gone over the line and have gotten personal. I apologize for being quite immature during my younger years.

Dommy2k/Ghostwriter: I apologize for jumping on the bandwagon of trolling you. This is largely from the hurt feelings from Imperium Offtopicum when you played as an aggressive nation. Looking back into my own history, I've noticed that I've also annoyed quite a few people with my own views.

Downtown: I apologize for being stubborn and not taking up on your advice that you provided.

Tailesskangaru: I apologize to you TK for my depression rubbing of onto you when I was at the deepest part of my life.

Thorvald of Lym: We've been through a lot. I would like to personally apologize for acting out on you and taking my depression and frustration out onto you. I also apologize to you for harassing you on being impatient with you at the tail end of DYOS 11. I'm sorry that I have been passive-aggressive during my darkest hour.

Spycatcher: I'm sorry that I have caused so much trouble at your board. I was immature at the time and did not have the skills to handle the trolls that frequented your board.

Chieftess: I apologize for causing you much frustration during my time in #civfanatics. I'm sorry for my childish antics get the best of me and letting my frustrations that I have encountered get the best of me. I'm sorry for acting immature around you.

JerichoHill: I apologize for the heat of the moment, arguing and bashing your data and arguments. I did not understand what economics was.

Mathilda: I apologize on the trouble that I have caused in your section of the CFC forums.

Rik Meleet: I apologize for wigging out at you for not posting my instructions twice in the Demogame turnchat. I know that I have made an apology relating to the incident in the Judiciary. But I feel now, I should apologize for my actions and behavior during that time.

Sarevok: I apologize for overreacting for my loss in the Military Adviser in the Demogames and taking my frustration out at you.

FionnMcCumhall: I apologize for my attitude and kicking you in the #demogame chatroom many years ago.

Kan' Sharuminar: I apologize for being too picky about your stories that you made in DYOS, particularly with your Gnomes arc. I'm sorry for acting in a prima Donna at you when I wasn't included in the Gnomes arc.

Lord Joakim: I apologize for projecting my anger towards you during a particular heated debate in DYOS.

RedRalph: I apologize for, being immature with my views and getting aggressive in the debates that we were in.

Narz: I apologize for joining in the "let's bully Narz" bandwagon.

Paalikles: I apologize for letting my temper get the better of me that drove you away from me. I also apologize for not sending my PBEMs in time.

Croxis: I apologize for being a bigoted homophobe and holding onto extremist views.

I hope, it's not to late to show that I have been a better person :(. This has truely been the longest post, time wise, to make because I had to go through the people that I have offended and hurt and remember what I have done. Knowing what I know now, presently, I would have started my time in CFC over again and done things differently. But considering that there's no such thing as a time machine for me to tell my younger self to not do this, the only thing I can do is simply apologize for my actions and attitude and move on to become a better person.

I am not conscious of having directly offended anyone, but I'm quite sure I have. I just forget bad moments. ;)

My apologies to whomever may feel alluded as a victim of rudeness on my part.

Even though he's not around any longer, I was overly snarky to Narz at one time. I apologize for this. Too bad he's gone from this forum.

I feel the rest has been deserved but if someone feel offended, I may apologize for that too. I can't do it without knowing what it is, of course, given the earlier responses in this thread.

If I owe someone an apology for something stupid I've said or done, please speak up. When I first joined I tended to be hyper-sarcastic by way of trying to be funny and it was off-putting. I'm still super-sarcastic as it's my nature, but if I have offended or annoyed someone with my posting style, I'd like to know it so I can work on it.

I know how you feel. I would also like to work on being more efficient in my sarcasm and annoying of people, but I'm not sure if this is the thread for that :D

Wait. What? No. Are those two posts, above, sarcastic?

Why do I post on this forum?

Is it:
  • to appear witty;
  • to appear sarcastic;
  • to have my opinions validated by others;
  • to persuade others they are wrong (because of course, I'm right);
  • for the pwnage;
  • for entertainment; or
  • something else?

Top Bottom