1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Olive Branch Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hobbsyoyo, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

I think this a yearly closure. It's a bit early to notify you of this, but it is best to be prepared for the worst this sort of thing.

2. ace99

ace99 Deity

Historians would later describe the battle as "the most delicious battle ever fought"

3. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Nice thread idea (/olive jar)

4. Grisu

Grisu Draghetto Moderator

Awaiting me for what exactly?

5. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

You are all hereby forgiven for wasting my time with your foolish and untraitorfishly opinions.

6. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

Sir,
    I am most offended by your kind pardon. I have apologized for nothing but I have found myself forgiven. This is all very confusing. Your pardon has caused me deep personal distress and emotional trauma. I feel that I must kindly request your most heartfelt apology henceforth for such unseemly conduct on a forum.

7. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

Oh, I had actually been mentioned in the thread. I guess I ought to respond seriously then.

What anticatholic myths would that be? I really think I justified all the criticism I directed at that institution.
    As for the future, I'll be happy to make peace with the catholic church when the catholic church ceases its preachings against me and mine and its degradation of humanity in general (namely, the original sin idea and all its derivatives). Until that time that institution is my enemy by its own initiative, and to be treated as such.

But hey, apart from your militant catholicism I think you're a nice person. There's still hope you may some day come to question certain dogmas. :D

8. Phrossack

Phrossack Armored Fish and Armored Men

I'd like to apologize to Dachs for being tetchy with him. Our exchanges usually come off as peevish, which is sad, because I respect him.

9. Glassfan

Glassfan Mostly harmless

Valka D'Ur, I apologize for the initials insult, it was offensive, unthinking and inappropriate, and it will never happen again.

10. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

I regret that I have but one line to use for my trollery.

11. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Thank you, Glassfan. I accept your apology. :)

12. Richard Cribb

Richard Cribb He does monologues

There are probably quite a few who have got to feel my "love", so my sincere apologies to those concerned. Will try to behave better in the future the times I am going to display any activity here (Which due to personal reasons may not be all that often).

13. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

I usually PM (in here or on fiftychat) people who deserve an apology, so I don't think anything's left here. I generally operate on the "don't dish it out if you can't take it", so if someone's dishing it out I feel like they're fair game. Lately, though, I've tended to avoid "nasty" threads, and frankly I agree with Oruc and Quackers that the dogpiling on a teenager is pretty pathetic. I really wish that 90% of threads in the Tavern didn't turn into GhostWriter threads.

Anyway that's not what this thread is about. If anyone feels like I've pissed them off, let me know either here or by PM/fiftychat and I'll buy you a virtual beer :)

14. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

If it gets me a beer I'll find something.

15. GhostWriter16

GhostWriter16 Deity

My biggest issue isn't that my views are challenged (Which I appreciate) or even that I'm occasionally insulted (Which I can live with, I do that too sometimes) but that I frequently get baited into going off topic and then blamed for it. That's just annoying.

16. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Oruc, for the record, Valka did not make the "shove it" remark. It was made by someone else.

17. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

You also go off-topic on your own a lot, and have to recognize why people get annoyed it you if you want to get them to stop becoming annoyed at you.

That said, I have probably pissed you off (and other people, but you're the only one that comes to mind) at various points in the past few years, and if I have, I apologize.

18. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I apologize to no one because (a) I'm not a sissy, and (b) this isn't a chick flick. :smug:

Also I can't think of anything which merits an apology on my part.

19. Glassfan

Glassfan Mostly harmless

So only sissies and chicks apologize? I think this is something that merits an apology on your part.

It takes a mature individual, one capable of self-assessment, honesty and integrity, to realize and admit he's wrong and make amends. It's immature and small-minded to remain unapologetic after being hurtfull, insulting or jerkish.

20. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

obvious sarcasm

your head