And they are paying after Trump raised $100 million for his own use.

Questions about Trump are perfectly suited to the thread about Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/steve-ba...20-subpoenas-26b7a6d0fb7356bbf8089b5ce0c64df5

Oath Keepers, Proud Boys subpoenaed by Jan. 6 House panel

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol insurrection issued more subpoenas Tuesday, this time to extremist organizations, including the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers as well as their leaders, in an attempt to uncover the plotting and execution of the deadly attack.

“The Select Committee is seeking information from individuals and organizations reportedly involved with planning the attack, with the violent mob that stormed the Capitol on January 6th, or with efforts to overturn the results of the election,” Mississippi Rep. Bennie Thompson, the Democratic chairman of the panel, said in a statement.

The subpoenas are the latest in a wide net the House panel has cast in an effort to investigate the riot, when supporters of former President Donald Trump, fueled by his false claims of a stolen election, assaulted police and smashed their way into the Capitol to interrupt the certification of Democrat Joe Biden’s victory.

Is the alt right and drug companies trump adjacent enough to post here?

US jury awards $25m in damages over Unite the Right rally

The legal action alleged that the defendants "brought with them to Charlottesville the imagery of the Holocaust, of slavery, of Jim Crow and of fascism".
"They also brought with them semi-automatic weapons, pistols, mace, rods, armour, shields and torches," the lawsuit said.

Among those found liable in the case were Jason Kessler, the rally's main organiser, and Richard Spencer, who came up with the term "alt-right" and spoke at the event.
Another defendant, Christopher Cantwell, became famous as "the crying Nazi" after an emotional YouTube video he posted once the rally went viral.
The lawsuit largely rested on an 1871 law passed after the US Civil War to protect black Americans, following their emancipation from slavery, from the Ku Klux Klan.
It allows private citizens to sue others believed to have committed civil rights violations - with the condition that the plaintiffs must prove that they conspired to do so.
CVS, Walgreens and Walmart Fueled Opioid Crisis, Jury Finds

A federal jury in Cleveland on Tuesday found that three of the nation's largest pharmacy chains — CVS Health, Walmart and Walgreens — had substantially contributed to the crisis of opioid overdoses and deaths in two Ohio counties, the first time the retail segment of the drug industry has been held accountable in the decades-long epidemic.

After hearings in the spring, the trial judge will determine how much each company should pay the counties.

The verdict — the first from a jury in an opioid case — was encouraging to plaintiffs in thousands of lawsuits nationwide because they are all relying on the same legal strategy: that pharmaceutical companies contributed to a "public nuisance," a claim that plaintiffs contend covers the public health crisis created by opioids.

In this case, brought by Lake and Trumbull Counties in northeastern Ohio, lawyers for the plaintiffs used the legal claim successfully. They argued that for years, the pharmacies had turned a blind eye to countless red flags about suspicious opioid orders, both at local counters where patients obtained the drugs and at corporate headquarters, where oversight requirements were, according to Mark Lanier, the counties' lead trial lawyer, "too little, too late."​

NEW: The RNC is using party funds to pay Trump's personal legal bills, as he faces investigations of his business practices in NY.

We aren't the Party of Trump, cries Republicans, as they literally serve as his personal piggybank, for crimes he did outside the Presidency.

Unless Trump dies, is locked up or willingly choose to not run in 2024, he is going to be the Republican nominee. And he might even be the nominee if locked up.

I very much doubt that Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee in 2024.

It is merely convenient for his contenders to keep a low profile for the time being.

Is the alt right and drug companies trump adjacent enough to post here?

The alt right sure, as he defends them whenever he can and they are his boys. They come when he calls on them.

However bad Trump is and however he sucks the money out of his followers, I haven't seen a connection from him to Opioids though. And that would be necessary for me. Or does he own stocks in these pharmaceutical companies? Merely aiding them politically during his presidency isn't enough, as "normal" Presidents and Politicians have done that as well. Or where do you see the connection?

I very much doubt that Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee in 2024.

It is merely convenient for his contenders to keep a low profile for the time being.

Well, he for sure will try to run unless something else (Health, Jail) kicks him out and he will be the favourite. If he doesn't manage, there's four archetypes for me a matrix of "Trumps heir" / "Not-Trump" and Boring / Populist.

The one's in the lane Trump's Heirs + Populist are the ones we know because we hear them. But Trump will probably not support them for fear of a competitor. So who is Boring enough to get Trumps Approval and still loud enough to drum up support among his base?

In the same way, the Boring Politican + Anti-Trump only has a chance if the Democrats nominate someone radical. I can't see that. And a Anti-Trump + Populist will run into a fight with Trump - and then lose. So yeah, I do think we will have to suffer another one like Trump or Trump himself in 2024. But isn't everybody waiting for the Midterms first?

But isn't everybody waiting for the Midterms first?

Precisely.

And then they will likely settle on a candidate who will try to appeal to the unaligned rather than to Trump's base.

And for that Trump's disapproval may be more helpful than his endorsement.

Who is they?

I'm sorry, but all the noise we hear points in the exact opposite direction. I guess it all depends on the size of the field in each lane after all.

The alt right sure, as he defends them whenever he can and they are his boys. They come when he calls on them.

However bad Trump is and however he sucks the money out of his followers, I haven't seen a connection from him to Opioids though. And that would be necessary for me. Or does he own stocks in these pharmaceutical companies? Merely aiding them politically during his presidency isn't enough, as "normal" Presidents and Politicians have done that as well. Or where do you see the connection?
Yeah, I think you are right. I did a quick google, and they gave massive piles of money to both sides:

Lobbying Expenditures and Campaign Contributions by the Pharmaceutical and Health Product Industry in the United States, 1999-2018

From 1999 to 2018, the pharmaceutical and health product industry recorded $4.7 billion—an average of $233 million per year—in lobbying expenditures at the federal level, more than any other industry.
The $4.7 billion spent by the pharmaceutical and health product industry on lobbying and the $1.3 billion spent on campaign contributions from 1999 to 2018 was only about 0.1% of the estimated $5.5 trillion (in 2018 dollars) spent on prescription drugs in the US over the same period.
Spoiler Graphs :

State-Level Contributions by the Pharmaceutical and Health Product Industry to Candidates, Party Committees, and Ballot Measure Committees in Top 4 States, 1999-2018

Well, he for sure will try to run unless something else (Health, Jail) kicks him out and he will be the favourite. If he doesn't manage, there's four archetypes for me a matrix of "Trumps heir" / "Not-Trump" and Boring / Populist.

The one's in the lane Trump's Heirs + Populist are the ones we know because we hear them. But Trump will probably not support them for fear of a competitor. So who is Boring enough to get Trumps Approval and still loud enough to drum up support among his base?

In the same way, the Boring Politican + Anti-Trump only has a chance if the Democrats nominate someone radical. I can't see that. And a Anti-Trump + Populist will run into a fight with Trump - and then lose. So yeah, I do think we will have to suffer another one like Trump or Trump himself in 2024. But isn't everybody waiting for the Midterms first?
He is not quite evens to be the candidate (11/8), though defiantly the favorite. Also the favorite to win the election at 7/2 vs. Biden at 27/5.

Last edited:
Oh I dunno. If we're keeping track, Assclown's term positively revolved around pharmaceutical action.

I can attest to that. I don't think much got done, but there was a lot of consistent noise. It's almost like lobbyists are extremely powerful, even when people know what needs to change.

Yes, Trump was certainly an embarrassment and still is. There is more to come. He is a crime family.

We aren't the Party of Trump, cries Republicans, as they literally serve as his personal piggybank, for crimes he did outside the Presidency.
Of course there are supporters in the party, but it’s also fair strategic calculus if you want to keep him in the fundraising circuit. Personal defense funds are also easier to justify than if any legal action was taken against him in his capacity as President.

Trump should have just collected his funds 1990’s style, from Charlie Trie and John Huang. :mischief:

It's amazing how bad the media is

Less than a year after Trump launched a coup, with mobs cheering to kill his vice President, for not going along with an authoritarian grab on power, they are blithely going 'oh who will be picked', as if he had just lost quietly and was bouncing back like President Cleveland.

He looking for a toady or fascist who will back his authoritarian moves. That is the headline.

with mobs cheering to kill his vice President
Yeah, good follow-up reporting would involve going to the listed individuals and asking "How do you feel about being hung?"

Tommy Tuberville 2024!
(Please overtake. Breaking in new slogans.)

Top Bottom