[RD] Unhypnotizing Clinton supporters.

I did actually vote for pot, but it was just some inconsequential township-level advisory vote. Silly college town.

We don't have referenda that actually do anything unless the legislature lets us.

Ahh, well that's no fun.

I split my ballot twice actually: a Green for President, and a Republican for coroner. I had trouble understanding why coroner is an elected position, but now that I remembered the dead vote here it totally makes sense. Either way, I was pretty sure the dead would want the GOP doing the slicing and dicing.

I was thinking the state that voted for more options for killing people and the chair. Sorry.

I also have a proud tradition of supporting our Republican coroner. He seems to have been doing an admirable job, so far as everyone I know who works with him says.

I split my ballot twice actually: a Green for President, and a Republican for coroner. I had trouble understanding why coroner is an elected position, but now that I remembered the dead vote here it totally makes sense. Either way, I was pretty sure the dead would want the GOP doing the slicing and dicing.

Wonder if coroner is an elected position here in the Philippines? If so, maybe the coroner is in cahoots with the president to send him a lot of business. :dunno:

If Trump's goal was to swindle racist idiots into supporting a progressive agenda then I'm proud to have been a liberal for them to lash out at.

When I was growing up, my father filled in for the corner a number of times.
As for why it is political (and it isn't everywhere), the corner is a party that has a lot of say in whether or not a death is due to foul play, like homicide or suicide.

SURPRISE ! said no one
I guess for the moderate republicans to the relief of much Liberals Trump is backpedaling furiously.
At least it seems that it wont be so bad. it looks like we can look forward to the same old, same old Republican medicine.

Sorry Scott Adams, but you're a Dullard :lol:

Trump says North Korea is China’s problem, which is literally the safest thing you could say. And China’s leaders are adults who know Trump says offensive things now and then. China will pursue its own interests, and none of those interests involve going to war over some words. Likewise, other leaders are adults too. They won’t change their foreign policy over some insults.

Purposefully leaving out the fact that Trump wants to remove all military support for South Korea. Also, in the upcoming SK elections it is almost guaranteed that a more progressive force will take office and do off with 8 years of conservative party rule, seeing as how support for Park Guen Hye has dwindled to less than 5%. Which means relations between SK und the US will be even worse. I'm not saying war is imminent, but it is certain that relations will get even worse.

Normally alcohol would not be a risk factor in picking a president because usually both candidates are social drinkers. But Trump has never had an alcoholic beverage while Clinton tells us she enjoys social drinking. Having a few social drinks is not a problem unless you plan to drive a car…or make a nuclear launch decision. If we don’t trust a social drinker to operate a motor vehicle, can we trust a social drinker to manage a nuclear arsenal?

If you have ever drunk-texted, or received a text from someone who has, you already know how much “social drinking” can influence decisions.

This is just dumb. Absolutely zero substance and likely zero impact. "Social drinker" can mean anything from drinking a glass of wine on some celebratory occasion once a month to meeting with your friends every weekend and getting smashed.

Last edited:
I am very tempted to borrow the thread title and set up an "Unhypnotise Remainer Supporters".

This is because both disappointed Remainers and dissappointed Clintonites seem equally
determined to ignore the realities as to why their side lost the vote, instead assigning largely
derogatory motives to the other side while ignoring what the voters for the other side said.

In my opinion from this eastward side of the Atlantic, the Clintonites have made a few mistakes:

(a) The impeccably mannered Barrack Obama was persistently blocked by a very rude and obstructive
House and Senate. The obvious lesson from this is that you do not go and vote a nice person
in as POTUS. Nothing in Hillary Clinton's campaign I saw indicated she would openly fight
the Houses, while everything in Donald Trump's manner implies that he is up for a brawl.

(b) Hillary Clinton seemed to offer more of the same but with a lady, instead of a black, President.
She really ought to have picked up on some of what Bernie was saying, perhaps put him up for VP.

(c) Donald Trump recognises that the standoffs in the East Ukraine and Syria gain the USA nothing
while Hillary Clinton seems to be stuck in contain the evil empire Russia (formerly the USSR) mode.
Hillary seems to see Russia as the strategic rival while Donald see China as strategic rival to USA.
While Donald is probably acting with much less information, I think that his instincts are correct.

(d) Many people are really tired of political correctness and welcome a candidate who speaks his mind,
(in England we voted in two known eccentrics (Ken Livingstone and Boris Johnson as Mayor of London)
the democrats often forget that when they stand up for LGBT etc, struggling straights think 'what about us'.

(e) Donald Trump set objectives, even if some of them e.g. building a wall and more amusingly getting
Mexico to pay for it, seem unrealistic. I never heard anything from Hillary about getting GNP/capita
growth back again, the Democrats seem content to let China continue to have nearly all the growth.

I suspect that most Trumpists know that putting Trump in is indeed taking a risk, but they likely reason
that there are enough checks and balances in the American system to constrain him, and hope that he
may at least stir things up to the point of getting the Houses to take an active part in government.

I would not have voted for Donald Trump, because I regard his uncorrected statements on "waterboarding
and worse" as dangerous and his business practices as fraudulent or the next thing to fraudulent; however
these days that seems to be the new norm for much corporationism so I'd have been tilting at windmills.

When I drove my kids to school on Wednesday morning; I told them that I used to think that Donald
was a duck, but now I know that he is to be president. I think there is going to be some new terminology
entering the English language. Doing a donald. Donalding out or up. It has gone Donald side up.

Good luck America.

I don't think very many people had halcyon images of her. We did what these days in politics is apparently unthinkable - set aside our misgivings about her to recognize that electing her was for the greater good. Even if the greater good amounted to nothing more than assuring Latino schoolchildren aren't bullied because of their race, and that girls don't have to put up with being grabbed.
Sure they do. They think she was in any part good for the country. For that matter, they might think the good of the country entered her decision making at any point. Compared to reality, that is a halcyon image.

J

You lucky bastard! You got grease?!!?!

Always look on the bright side of life, and remember to show gratitude when your tormentors apply some grease. -Cav on life.

Sure, wouldn't we all? Sadly however due to the wisdom of our tormen...erm I mean moderators, names in threads are not permitted. :dunno:
Now this thread being red diamond perhaps we should return to whatever its about Cherry? I think yes.

"It won't be so bad" is what they tell you when they grease up your rectum.

Iam 99% postive that the Trump administration will be disaterous for America
But with hes backpeddling on almost all of hes promises it will be the usual Republican garbage/corruption that we have come to expect.

And Republicans are use to taking it up their rear end. maybe they secretly like it
The big winners appear to be the rich, and special interest again

If the rust belt doesn't go back to work in four years everything will change to more of the same under someone else.

Top Bottom