What Video Games Have You Been Playing #12: Rage Quit - ain't my thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend bought HOI 4 DLC for me and so I've been doing some achievement runs:

Spoiler :

It's annoying that pretty much all the new achievements are clumped around a couple nations and that you need to play each nation multiple times taking different paths to get them. I'd have liked to see more other-nation achievements tossed in for some variety.

US civil war is pretty easy if you go communist from what I hear, but if you do the neutral --> fascist path and don't get foreign aid first it's legitimately pretty hard. Probably the hardest default civil war the game does. I had to micro quite a bit until I could grab enough silver shirt decision cycles and receive enough lend/lease (no MIL factories at all in territory) to mount something of an offensive. USSR is still complete trash in AI hands so also had to effectively solo Germany, but that's not as hard by comparison.

Has anyone here tried the Steel Division games? I've sort of had my eye on them, but I've never tried them.
Did someone say WWII? :thumbsup: (I'm a big WWII nut fyi)

There are quite a few games I'd like to recommend but I won't because you have to be a hardcore wargamer to like them. If I was going to recommend a good grand strategy WWII game to you it would be Strategic Command WWII: World at War. It's not too terribly complex, has that just one more turn appeal to it, and you can hotseat both sides if you so wish.

Thanks guys. I'll definitely be looking into both of those.

I ran into a group of Pokemon Go players and went for a raid with them which was a new experience for me. I got a shiny Rayqaza which is awesome but I kind of get the feeling that's a standard reward for that raid and not anything special.

I ran into a group of Pokemon Go players and went for a raid with them which was a new experience for me. I got a shiny Rayqaza which is awesome but I kind of get the feeling that's a standard reward for that raid and not anything special.

Well, this is special in honor of your Raid.
Spoiler :
Raid those Pokemon! Go go go!
And win shiny prizes Hobbsyoyo;
But here are couplets two by two;
A special quatrain just for you!

Thank you!

I just tried to play Civ 6 (it's the first non-Pokemon Go game I've played in about a month) and it ran so slowly it was painful. Ugh I need a new PC. One day. Lol I've been saying that for 5 years.

Thank you!

I just tried to play Civ 6 (it's the first non-Pokemon Go game I've played in about a month) and it ran so slowly it was painful. Ugh I need a new PC. One day. Lol I've been saying that for 5 years.

If you've been saying it for five years it is almost certainly true now.

Yeah the last PC I built is over 10 years old. I got a good laptop about 5 years after that barely squeaked by at the time and is now next to useless for gaming. It's never been a good time to rebuild the PC. Every time I want to do it, something comes up and I push it back and have just gotten by with my PS4.

Well, this is special in honor of your Raid.
Spoiler :
Raid those Pokemon! Go go go!
And win shiny prizes Hobbsyoyo;
But here are couplets two by two;
A special quatrain just for you!
@The Poster do you accept the challenge?

@The Poster do you accept the challenge?
He writes excellent limericks. My 200+ poetic posts here fall into a different class even though 10-15 years ago, I might have posted a limerick or two. :D

PUBG Mobile is surprisingly well done. Also, the first and third games I played I ended up with a chicken dinner and 14 combined kills :D

I'm weak.
I subscribed again to WoW just so I could dip my toes in the Classic stress test and could reserve my names for Classic release. Damn.

…you could use a slightly-older version of Blender.

My pc can't even run EUIV.
Or the latest version of Blender 3d-rendering.

Will have to upgrade :)

The EU4 thing isn't much of a shock, tbh. Paradox titles get progressively bogged down in performance with each passing DLC because their dev team has an innate inability to keep things well-oiled.

Great games, but QoL is not their strong suit.

Playing Fallout: New Vegas again. I think I have time for the main quest and the last two DLC I didn't play un til The Outer Worlds comes out.

Yeah the last PC I built is over 10 years old. I got a good laptop about 5 years after that barely squeaked by at the time and is now next to useless for gaming. It's never been a good time to rebuild the PC. Every time I want to do it, something comes up and I push it back and have just gotten by with my PS4.

5 years is about the limit for hardware, I remember trying to run Fallout4 on my 5 year old PC and having to use a host of performance mods to get it to run smoothly in certain areas. I could still just barely run the Witcher 3 I kinda regret upgrading, as I didnt do much gaming to take advantage of the new hardware.

You could definitely put together an older but very decent PC for the cost of a PS4 now days.

Playing Fallout: New Vegas again. I think I have time for the main quest and the last two DLC I didn't play un til The Outer Worlds comes out.

What a cosmic turn of events ! xD I've recently started playing New Vegas too. When it came out I've stopped playing right after I've finished "Dead Money" DLC and now I want to see the rest of the DLC's . Can't wait to see what's with this Ulysses character :think:

I may need to get The Long Dark, it does sound good.
I tried playing The Long Dank, but the protagonist's endless munchies made it unbearable. Eat ten pounds of meat and feel peckish? It's worse than Shamino in Ultima VII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom