Work in Progress - Might and Magic Universe

Woo! Exciting looking units! Always great to see your work, Tom! :goodjob:

Sorry, VARN, CRON, and the dual-sided nacelle world of XEEN cannot be implemented into the Civ 3 engine. haha.
No giant fleas from outer space?

Just a quick update and preview... steady progress is being made.

Fate Spinner and Weaver

The Fate Spinner is often found at the Necropolis, fortifying the foundations and encouraging its growth. Under her protection the undead comb the region for lost souls which they then recruit to swell their ranks. The Fate Spinner can either assume the form of a spider-woman hybrid or that of a human woman with two legs and six arms.

Deadly with Venomous Touch, Baleful Gaze, and Freezing Web, the warning to those whom encounter these creatures is often "Spinner and Weaver, human or spider, they're one and the same. Both will sever the thread that ties you to this world."

Lots of other units are almost ready to go, including Golems, Beholders, and Spectres!

Almost halfway through the needed units!

Wow, that's quite an impressive transformation!

Can't wait for this to be done! :clap:

Did as you suggested Supa, and it does work much better. Thank you!

Some of the Castle guards and foot soldier units have been completed.
From left to right,
Sentinel, Praetorian, Vindicator, Squire, and Footman

These soldiers excel at defense and they are masters at the art of melee combat. They use their large shields to protect themselves and nearby units. Although they are primarily the defensive backbone, some also are skilled enough to be found leading the attack, to open the way for their forces to advance.

* The primary goal is to take down Sheltem before the end of era 1, or the difficulty increases considerably.

Very interesting concept, I like that!

Related to this, there is a sale right now for all the M&M role-playing games (1-9 + Crusader for 9$) on GOG.

Did as you suggested Supa, and it does work much better. Thank you!

Some of the Castle guards and foot soldier units have been completed.
From left to right,
Sentinel, Praetorian, Vindicator, Squire, and Footman

These soldiers excel at defense and they are masters at the art of melee combat. They use their large shields to protect themselves and nearby units. Although they are primarily the defensive backbone, some also are skilled enough to be found leading the attack, to open the way for their forces to advance.

Wow those units are amazing, Tom. Are they conversions from another game?

Will you release any of those?

Not sure if you need another source of units to convert but I have been looking into it and seems like it is possible to use wow models. Wow model viewer allows you to create a model with any weapons clothes etc you like and then it can be exported to blender or 3ds max by various methods. You have to have wow installed though. Probably the free trial would be enough as you can still access the game files without being subscribed. Not sure about animations and particle effects though.

Very interesting concept, I like that!

Related to this, there is a sale right now for all the M&M role-playing games (1-9 + Crusader for 9$) on GOG.

Oh wow, might have to take a look. Yea, the concept should work. The thought for this would be that offense is normal units, but defenders are initially tough. Late in 1st era, a resource appears that allows all civs to build units that can stealth these tough units. If defeating them is unsuccessful in first era, they slowly continue to gain strength.

Wow those units are amazing, Tom. Are they conversions from another game?

Will you release any of those?

Not sure if you need another source of units to convert but I have been looking into it and seems like it is possible to use wow models. Wow model viewer allows you to create a model with any weapons clothes etc you like and then it can be exported to blender or 3ds max by various methods. You have to have wow installed though. Probably the free trial would be enough as you can still access the game files without being subscribed. Not sure about animations and particle effects though.

My time has disappeared. It is impossible to do much when work has consumed my hours. I haven't been able to do anything at all in the past months, and do not see any more free time appearing in the future.

So I may just release all the units I've made, since there is no way this will be completed any time soon. :(

WoW has great units, agreed...

Spoiler :

That image link?

Try reloading the image or copying it and opening it in a separate tab.

:mischief:

Sooooo.... :hmm:

Are these going to be released? Are they complete? If not, could what is made be released and made available to someone else?

:yumyum:

Top Bottom