2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now people are more tired of the Trump System.

And really, don't insult our collective intelligence by proposing that one or two examples like that of Biden make him even vaguely equal to Trump, who is in a different league just based on his hair, tan, and continuous push to have underlings talk about how awesome he is.

I didn't know it was a competition but there's plenty of examples. The point being both have serious character flaws and Trumps are negated by Bidens. Can you picture Biden calling Trump a narcissist while challenging critics to feats of strength and endurance?

If you think you can make him change his primary purpose for being here I wish you luck, but don't hold out any hope.

Oh I'm just here laughing at the Pharisees

It looks like Bloomberg is not even close anywhere outside his big victory in American Samoa. If that holds this could actually happen, unless he is really committed to spending a big pile of money trying to buy the VP slot on the ticket.

So wait for more results and see how Sanders done.

I think this is going rather well. My guess is that both Bloomberg and Biden won't drop out now, keeping on their split of voters... Biden can't if he claims victory this day. Bloomberg I'm guessing won't just won't, pride.

The problem with Bloomberg as VP is you could never trust him not to have the president killed in order to take his job

I think this is going rather well. My guess is that both Bloomberg and Biden won't drop out now, keeping on their split of voters... Biden can't if he claims victory this day. Bloomberg I'm guessing won't just won't, pride.

There's gonna be a lot of pressure on Bloomberg to drop and Warren to stay

Can Warren be relied on not to throw her delegates to Biden in a brokered convention?

The problem with Bloomberg as VP is you could never trust him not to have the president killed in order to take his job

I dunno if I'd go that far, but he brings absolutely nothing to the ticket if he is with Biden.

Just like Epstein.

Can Warren be relied on not to throw her delegates to Biden in a brokered convention?

Not if he makes her the VP candidate, which I'm sure he would be happy to do if she gives him a first ballot majority. That's probably the only good reason for her to still be in the race now, and it's almost certainly going to be the only good reason tomorrow.

Not if he makes her the VP candidate, which I'm sure he would be happy to do if she gives him a first ballot majority. That's probably the only good reason for her to still be in the race now, and it's almost certainly going to be the only good reason tomorrow.

Well that and to spoil Sanders.

VPs haven't won a general since Bush 88 iirc.

who does?

I expect Klob or maybe Warren to be asked, Klob is probably the better choice... It wont be Kamala

ask Obama... Nah, I doubt he'd be interested even if thats constitutional

Biden/Warren is the ticket unless Bloomberg's delegates make him the only path to the first ballot nomination. Tonight might crush Bloomberg's campaign though. He got wolloped in North Carolina, and they've been building that up as his demonstration of viability state. I don't think they have a backup.

If Biden wins, he needs Obama to step up and help rebuild the campaign networks and donor apparatus that he let atrophy after his reelection. Biden still doesn't have a ground game in most of the states in contest; he's coasting on name recognition and history alone.

Warren's now in 3rd place in her home state. Ouch.

Last edited:
Biden/Warren is the ticket unless Bloomberg's delegates make him the only path to the first ballot nomination. Tonight might crush Bloomberg's campaign though. He got wolloped in North Carolina, and they've been building that up as his demonstration of viability state. I don't think they have a backup.

So in this world (I think Warren as VP is terrible policy wise its a stupid ceremonial position, more useful for foreign policy then anything) do you see any movement on actually fixing healthcare? What about climate change? Education? Student Loans? Do you see anything getting done on infrastructure? How about reigning in Citizen's United somehow? So why vote for this ticket again? Remind me. I'm really at a loss, I mean if the US is just going to horsehocky all over the planet and its own [people well I think Trump being the face of that seems more palatable.

If Warren loses in Massachusetts... which now appears likely, she has no justification for staying in, so its a pure powergrab.
Yeah. I had hoped The Klob and Buttigieg dropping out would let Warren get back her "Change, But Not Too Radical" voters, but it seems like they went with Grandpa. She can't stay in after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom