Better Trade Screen

Better Trade Screen - Gathering Storm update released! 4.4

Clearing cache didn't fix it.
I uploaded a save with a trader waiting for you in the capital ;)
Thanks
Just updated the mod, with some bug fixes. Try it out and let me know if it still causes issues. I tested the save you gave me, and it works with this current version of the mod.

I wrote this guide, that explains how long trade routes take. My mod, does not alter the amount of turns to complete the route, so that guide still applies.

Thanks. So basically there was some ridiculous formula that you revealed, which was why traders seemed to be out of my control for much longer than they said they would.

Are you sure they only travel one tile at a time, though? Do they travel 2 at a time on water? Do they travel faster on roads? If road movement is also modded, will your mod recognize that automatically?

Thanks. So basically there was some ridiculous formula that you revealed, which was why traders seemed to be out of my control for much longer than they said they would.

Are you sure they only travel one tile at a time, though? Do they travel 2 at a time on water? Do they travel faster on roads? If road movement is also modded, will your mod recognize that automatically?
As far as I can tell they traders always move one tile at a time. Roads don't change that, but this might be changed by Firaxis.

Last edited:
This mod has been combined with the cqui mod but has the latest version been incorporated into it or if not is it possible to just download this and add it myself into that mod?

This mod has been combined with the cqui mod but has the latest version been incorporated into it or if not is it possible to just download this and add it myself into that mod?
I just updated it, so @chaorace will update his mod soon with the changes I have made. If you are feeling impatient, you could delete all the files in CQUI that are common with my mod, and then enable both of them.

Thanks mate... I went in before and replaced files with the newer ones and ones that weren't there I just added. See if works although I can wait. Chorace hasn't updated his DLC mod since the 3rd November so he is a little behind at present.

Question: In the right panel, when collapsing the list of cities (when sorted by source/destination), it doesn't do a full collapse. It will still show the first 4 entries. Is this as intended?

Love the mod. Thanks, astog :)

Question: In the right panel, when collapsing the list of cities (when sorted by source/destination), it doesn't do a full collapse. It will still show the first 4 entries. Is this as intended?

Love the mod. Thanks, astog :)
Yes, it always shows a fixed amount of them. But it would be a good idea to add full collapse functionality.

Just updated the mod, with some bug fixes. Try it out and let me know if it still causes issues. I tested the save you gave me, and it works with this current version of the mod.

So it's probably a problem in my specific computer/installation, unfortunately.
Could it be something in the game settings (everything is minimum here), or should I try to reinstall the game?

The check boxes seem to show their debug/code names now?

Hey Heinous Hat. Just an FYI we've added your latest version to NQMod. Making sure you're credited as well, but if you have a problem with it let me know, but it's amazing.

The check boxes seem to show their debug/code names now?
With v3.0 I moved all the hardcoded text to an external .xml file. This has a side affect of introducing the text bug, but makes it incredibly easy to add languages. Sadly, the only fix for this exiting the application, and restarting. We will have to wait for Firaxis to patch this.

is this patch compatible?
It is compatible. I have not noticed any issues currently.

After Patch: no default text , i see LOC_TRADE_REPEAT_ROUTE_CHECKBOX_LABEL
i use german version
Does this happen even after quitting civ 6, and then starting the application again?

After Patch: no default text , i see LOC_TRADE_REPEAT_ROUTE_CHECKBOX_LABEL
i use german version
I tested by changing the language, and it works. The language remains english but you should not see the text issues. Don't forget to exit CIV 6 and then restart the application.

Top Bottom