• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bring back an extinct species to its habitat!

Gucumatz

JS, secretly Rod Serling
If somehow you could randomly bring back any one extinct species back to where it lived historically, what would it be and why?

For me it would have to be the Carolina parakeet, I know a pretty mundane choice, but we don't have any semi-large bird flocks it feels like in this part of the world. Plus if it didn't go extinct, I am sure there would be some cultural identification with the bird leading to an interesting dynamic of higher rates of bird ownership. I know a lot of people/family who own parrots, particularly on the countryside and there is something about the consistent level of chatter I enjoy.

Bringing them back in Zoos would be pretty cool tho. This may be very possible in the somewhat near future.

I'd bring back some small dinosaur.

We already throw off the balance of various ecosystems through various actions, in some cases bringing back a species that say has been gone for say ~30,000 years could maybe actually make an ecosystem healthier considering the millennia of an ecosystem's adaptation to that species that had already taken place.

because ???

in some cases bringing back a species that say has been gone for say ~30,000 years could maybe actually make an ecosystem healthier considering the millennia of an ecosystem's adaptation to that species that had already taken place.

I highly doubt that. A new equilibrium in that ecosystem as now been established, re-introducing an extinct species would disrupt the balance.

LUCA.

I could live the life of my ancestors and bang a neanderthal

Anyways, I'd probably google for some extinct crop. There's gotta be something that either could be modified, selectively bred, or spliced its dna into crops today that would make even better super crops

How about NO !

Top Bottom