[RD] Clinton vs. Trump - USA Presidential race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many hours till the results start being streamed?

Polls close at 6PM ET in Indiana and Kentucky. The rest of the states close at various times thereafter, with the final polls closing at 11PM. We should start getting exit polls, probably around 7PM once the big first wave of East Coast states hits. Keep in mind the policy of election reporting is to not release exit polling results of a given state until that state's polls have closed, so as not to influence voters.

People looking to slow the altRight need better memetic crafting. Zippy catchphrases that intuitively make sense to most people.

"Hate don't make us great"

Or "won't," depending on context.

Keep in mind the policy of election reporting is to not release exit polling results of a given state until that state's polls have closed, so as not to influence voters.

I don't remember which election it was, but they started announcing election results in Texas one year while the polls were still open in El Paso. (forgot that El Paso is in a different time zone) Oops.

It may well be that many in the dolt-Right are trickle-downers, but economic policies are not their defining issue. Constituting whites as a grievance group is. It's that that has to be counter-memed.

We need visual memes as well as catch phrases. Something that undercuts Pepe, for one. But I'm not good at graphics. I'm just a word guy.

How many hours till the results start being streamed?
You can reasonably expect definitive results to be in shortly after 11 PM EST (GMT +5) at the earliest. If there are votes too close to call, it may be later.

Last edited:
It may well be that many in the dolt-Right are trickle-downers, but economic policies are not their defining issue. Constituting whites as a grievance group is. It's that that has to be counter-memed.

We need visual memes as well as catch phrases. Something that undercuts Pepe, for one. But I'm not good at graphics. I'm just a word guy.
To paraphrase the President... "Don't meme, Vote"
Clinton plans to announce her intention to nominate me to the Supreme Court at about midnight Eastern.
No ME!!!:mad:
Trump is suing the Clark County Registrar of Nevada. I kind of figured he'd wait until results were coming in but I guess not. Let the lawsuits begin.
Back when I was a sexy, strapping young buck in high school... I remember always hearing my baseball coach... around the 4th or 5th inning, start grumbling that he was going to file a protest after the game. Literally every game he was talking about formally protesting the game, umpires, field, whatever...

Needless to say, our team sucked royally and we lost just about every game... Relevant.

Last edited:

You were doing better when you had identified "fairness" as the theme. If things are fair, you destroy the grievance. If you try and diffuse the power of identity as a source of shame, then you also weaken the draw to strike back as that identity. Trump's most implacable enemies are those whom he has cast shame upon for their identities. And they should be Trump's enemies. The dolt-right's most implacable enemies are those who cast shame upon them for their identities. And they should be the dolt-right's enemies.

Go to it, Word Guy.

Last edited:
Clinton plans to announce her intention to nominate me to the Supreme Court at about midnight Eastern.

Do you need a lawyer maybe? Just in case.

Can anyone give me a countdown till results and a reliable site where to watch them?

Last edited:
To paraphrase the President... "Don't meme, Vote"

They're not mutually exclusive. Don't worry, I'll vote also! (In about one hour in fact). I took El Mac to mean that after the election, the soi-dissant alt-Right will still exist. They will be feeling empowered by Trump's candidacy and empowered-in-their grievance by his loss, and so their memes will need ongoing counter-meming as a part of right-thinking society's support of Hillary's presidency.

So, to paraphrase Obama, he appreciated not just our votes but our "lifting him up" after the election. I'm energized by the challenge El Mac has given us of lifting Hillary up by putting the self-styled alt-Right down through a concerted effort at supplying the culture at large with catchphrases that undercut the so-called alt-Right's corrosive ideological efforts. Since I'm a self-described word guy or (see below) altero-described "Word Guy," that kind of initiative is right up my alley.

You were doing better when you had identified "fairness" as the theme. If things are fair, you destroy the grievance. If you try and diffuse the power of identity as a source of shame, then you also weaken the draw to strike back as that identity. Trump's most implacable enemies are those whom he has cast shame upon for their identities. And they should be Trump's enemies. The dolt-right's most implacable enemies are those whom cast shame upon them for their identities. And they should be the dolt-right's enemies.

Go to it, Word Guy.

So one can, and must I think, proceed on two fronts simultaneously. I'm well aware that the dolt-Right's chief grievance is the 'sault-Left's smug dismissiveness toward them. And that continuing in a vein of snarky disdain will only drive them deeper into their aggrievedness. That said, insofar as the as-they-see-themselves-alt-Right engages in reprehensible activities, there can be no quarter. Your economic plight will be met with sympathy, but your racial scapegoating with indefatigable scorn.

But I'm happy to pick up your gauntlet as well as El Mac's. It makes the challenge doubly challenging. A verbal strategy that properly checks the truly deplorable without alienating, indeed welcoming, the actually adorable. This will require some crafty sailing. Almost like navigating a ship between a whirlpool and a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom