Disorder Animation

Pounder

Phaethon was here
It is a disorder animation on a larger scale, multiple fires and an explosion. I like to have my cities in disorder easily seen.

Could also be used as the civildisorder.flc file if you rename it.

I haven't figured out how to do a preview yet, I will get one done soon, I hope, this is the first animation I have posted.

Edit: Here is a hodge podge of stills from in game.

If someone could help me with the animated preview I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• disorder.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 768
Haha! genius.. is there anyting in Civ3 left to improve?

Nice Idea Pounder...I cannot use the Bombs part. The Looping with the Bombs over and over seems too much and doesn't look quite fitting. The smoke is missing the graduated translucency. I made a version and I wanted to send it to you but you have set up no way to contact you :)

Nice Idea Pounder...I cannot use the Bombs part. The Looping with the Bombs over and over seems too much and doesn't look quite fitting. The smoke is missing the graduated translucency. I made a version and I wanted to send it to you but you have set up no way to contact you :)

This is the first animation I've posted, thought I would start with something simple.

Just post it here, I would gladly use the better work. I did make a version without the explosion.

The one with the explosion makes it easy to spot the disorderly towns.

A lot of the animation takes place behind the unit and if you have a larger unit like modern armor it hides a lot of the fireworks.

Pounder... That's Cool. There are many possibilities :)

When you deal with smoke, fog and shadows, Place the Alpa.pal and the .pal palettes in your Graphics Program palette file.

First load the alpha.pal palette for the animation, Maintain Indexes.
Change #224, #225, #226,#227, #228 and #229 smoke shades to some other pure color not found anywhere else in the animation. Red, Green, Blue, etc...

IF you use PSP:
When you copy and past, select the background color for the "Background and Fill Properties Box" so the background color is not pasted. Only the images will be pasted.
Use Ctrl+C to copy then use Ctrl+Shift+E to paste a Floating image that you can move around where you want before setting it to place with a left mouse click and finalizing it with a Right mouse click.

Note that if you make a Resized image or another image that you are pasting to the Alpha.Pal animation, it should also use it's own Alpha.pal Palette and you change the same smoke shades on it's palette to the same colors you selected for the smoke shades for the animation you are working on.
All the smoke shades will paste as the same different colors you changed them to.

When you have completed the pasting and are finished, simply load the .pal palette for the animation and Maintain indexes. All smoke shades will maintain there correct shades.

Do you have to rename this file "civil disorder" for it to show up? I guess I don't know when simple "disorder" happens in the game. What's the difference?

Top Bottom