Gyaos Pack

Supa

Out of Cheese Error
A new Daikaiju release for Modzilla !

This time, it's a simpler project than the monstrous Godzilla Pack : it's the Shōwa Gyaos, Gamera's archenemy.

It contains :

Gyaos
The classic 1967 Gyaos, a monstrous vampiric somewhat pterosaur daikaiju.
Model by ウルフェさん

Space Gyaos
The repainted silver Gyaos, used in Gamera vs. Barugon (1969). It appears on another planet, no longer fearing the light and fighting the titular Barugon.
Model by ウルフェさん

The Gyaos Cave
The deep cave/volcano where Gyaos sleeps during the day, awaiting the night to strike again. First time I'm playing with a terrain unit.

Gyaos Egg

Download

Haha! Very cool, and accurately campy! The cave is definitely a surprise but fits well as a rarely-generated defensive unit with AA capabilities.

Since the Gyaos units are pretty similar, their upgrade should be minor, perhaps a +1 to all stats, including HP. IIRC Gyaos are fairly weak in Kaiju terms but also can attack in larger numbers, unlike most Kaiju, so these guys should have lower stats but be generated more frequently. Kaiju needed more "trooper" type units like this. :)

The Gyaos also made appearances in the more recent Gamera movies.

Thanks !

I'd also give a +X move bonus to Space Gyaos, as it could move all day long.

I'd love to do the Heisei Gyaos (you'll see in the various pedia entries I'll post at SOC) - but I don't have an appropriate model. Perhaps with a somewhat fantasy pterosaur model..

The Cave could also be a preplaced unit guarding a Gyaos related resource (Gyaos Eggs, Atlante relics ?).

Anyway, it was a fun pack to make.

The cave is great! :goodjob:

Thanks ! Now, I've only to find a Rodan model.. ^^

:D

After seeing the magic you made with Space Godzilla, I suspect you'll be able to modify a run-of-the-mill pterodactyl model and make a wonderful Rodan out of it! :king:

I was on vacations when this pack was released in August-2011 - so I missed it, but even a half of year later, I must say these units are really cool! Great job, Supa! :)

The yellow beam from the gyaos cave looks a bit… strange. In the preview at least.

The beam goes out a bit… slow. Is that because of the preview? I haven't downloaded this yet.

The FLC is slightly faster. I've just checked the movie and Gyaos shoots twice from his cave : in one scene, the beam speed is slow (like in the animation) and in the second, it's twice faster. I followed the first version since it fully showed the volcano (the second shot only showed the plane being cut in half). Long story short: yes, it's normal although a faster version would also be ok.

Don't think I saw this thread back when it was posted. Very cool stuff here! :goodjob::)

Top Bottom