LM Terrain for Passes through Impassable Mountains

Blue Monkey

Archon Without Portfolio
For the Rise of Asia mod we wanted to have the Himalayas impassable, except for certain passes that must be scouted out. To accomplish this we needed to make LMHills look like the mountains. Hence this file, which I thought might be of use to other modders. (Discussion in Rise of Asia thread begins here.) As you can see in that post, it’s designed to work with the terrain from Rhye’s of Civ. It will probably work with other terrain sets in the same family, such as that in TAM and Rise and Fall of the Mughals.

Here's a thumbnail shot in the editor; the diamonds indicate the LM Terrain and do not appear in the game. Click on the thumbnail to see the full-size image.

GET IT HERE.

[civ3mac] Made on a Mac

Last edited:
I made the volcanoe terrain to passes through the impassable mountains, combined it with heavy thunderstorms instead of eruption graphics and used for the graphic of these passes through the mountains the plateau graphics of Rhye.

I attache a link to an old screenshot (where the plateau graphics were not used: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3781385 (post 13).

it would be nice if the graphic also showed somekind of pass there... now it's just a non-snowy mountains in a snowy mountainrange.. :hmm:

But it's cool idea nevertheless :thumbsup:

aaglo said:
it would be nice if the graphic also showed somekind of pass there... now it's just a non-snowy mountains in a snowy mountainrange.. :hmm:
Then make it, you are the one who can do it!

:p

Great idea! I can probably find use for this...

aaglo said:

But it's cool idea nevertheless :thumbsup:
And from the first post:
Blue Monkey said:
For the Rise of Asia mod we wanted to have the Himalayas impassable, except for certain passes that must be scouted out.
Did you think through the implications of "must be scouted out"?:lol:

Yoda Power said:
Then make it, you are the one who can do it!
I second that! Why don´t you also make the gate I requested?

Speaking of
aaglo said:
just a non-snowy mountains in a snowy mountainrange..
I appreciate Aaglo's ending with a thumbs-up since he's probably looked at the difference between the size of the LMHill pcx and the Mountain pcx at some point, and is the kind of person who would appreciate the work involved in fitting a mountain into a hill-sized slot.

Top Bottom