1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

I think it returns the current mouseover help string and to get that string the core engine calls back into the DLL with the current mouseover unit or plot or similar.
    So given the description there is probably some bug in CvGameTextMgr::setCombatPlotHelp for Outrigger vs Dragon Ship.

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

It happens every time I hold the right mouse button down after selecting outrigger and move the mouse to the Dragon ship.

I can provide a save game if need be.

EDIT: Maybe not. But you gotta see these screen shots! This time it's War galleys vs Dragon ships.:eek: Multiple Python error popups.

JosEPh

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

More Dragon ship weirdness. See above post with edit.

JosEPh

4. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

That's an interesting one. Firstly, Increasing Difficulty occasionally takes me up to Deity, but I deeply resent the inference that I know what I'm doing! :lol:

But seriously yeah this was basically what I was talking about. If the AI is overestimating you, and assuming there is some rabbit you can pull out of a hat to make them regret attacking, then it is making Deity level easier rather than harder to that degree.

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

@ DH

You can NOW upgrade your unit, OUTSIDE of your borders??

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Do you happen to have a civic or trait that enables upgrading units anywhere?

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Don't ask me I have not done anything to the hunter line recently.

8. strategyonly

I just started a NEW game, so its the very basic civics.

Sorry thought you might have changed it since it was the Tracker, my bad:blush: I like it, its like a Field Promotion(in real life).

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

hmm... that is a bit odd then. Perhaps a savegame could help?

@All (particularly Hydro!)

I believe I've found the culprit of the Bombard Bug!!!

Look VERY closely at the little symbol in front of the numbers in the city defenses display.

No... not the little rook icon... after that and before the numbers.

See that little '-' sign?

It's probably never been possible before, but when you go into the city and look at the defense help hover pop, it clearly states that the -10% is stemming from a trait the city's leader possesses. Basically, poor city layout, and/or a timid populace that is rooted in the manner in which the leader rules his nation is at fault for making the military in this city, now fully bombarded down to no defenses, actually easier to attack than units in the field.

So that's why your rams can't bombard, Hydro... there is not only NO defensive value in that city... there's LESS than no defensive value!

I'm highly tempted to believe that this has thrown off more than one player who believed they had a bug with their bombard abilities since the ability of a city to have a negative defensive value is fairly new... based on a new trait tag and its recent applications.

10. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@Thunderbrd

You are a genus! Its -10%!! I feel so stupid! :hammer2: Its no wonder it was showing up sometimes and not others. Wow! Just wow! Thank you for solving this mystery TB! You rock! :worship:

EDIT: Also that's scary that one city I saw had -30% then. I mean how the heck to you achieve that? Must be really bad traits plus really horrible buildings.

11. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Best deactivate the Python error popups for now (an error log will still be generated).
    A savegame would be good for debugging.

12. pastador

pastador Chieftain

Hi everyone,

here is a save that repeatedly crashes to desktop at the next turn, without an error message. Once the building orders are finished, I get to move a bunch of units, and a few seconds later it crashes. It doesn't seem related to a specific unit or event... Maybe a memory problem?

I'm using the latest svn (5120), and i started the game three weeks ago. Can anyone confirm it crashes for them too?

Thanks for everyone's great work!

Attached Files:

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Based on the minidump, I'd say this is the same crash that Zeinul most recently reported. I believe I have a fix for that (though I'm still tidying up loose ends), and I will at least verify that you save does no crash for m when I start on C2C later today.

14. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Not really. Much of the time it causes it to come at you with bigger stacks in the first place, rather than half-hearted ones that you defeat too easily. However, it was apparent from this example that sometimes it doesn't realize until it gets quite close to you, and by then the element of surprise is lost, so it no longer makes sense to hover nearby waiting to build up. The tweak should leave intact the build-up-before behavior without the hover-nearby behavior so much. However, it really needs some more smarts added to the AI to actively scout the target cities o see how much defense they have before sending its SoD, which is something I'll look to add sometime during the next cycle.

15. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Tiles with Ancient Relics cannot be terraformed, the only ones as far as I know. Is this a bug or as designed?

16. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Just found a little bug: the Tupi Culture should require jungle + potatoes, not jungle +corn.

On GEM map Tupi do start next to potatoes + jungle and the next spot for corn + jungle is in actually very far away in Yucatan.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

This is in BUG under Screen tab and Screen Logging Level right? Set it to None?

Thing about the saves, If I reload the previous turn or Save right before I interact with the dragon ships I don't get the "Stuck" Python Popup. My autosave is set to every turn.

I can upload the last turn save but the problem may not manifest.

JosEPh

18. strategyonly

That usually means your playing WITH Rev On then?

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@SO,
    No, No Rev I have it Off.

After turning the Python Popup off at the end of the turn I went to the southern area of my empire where the Dragon ships have been poaching my work boats. I attacked with Galleys and destroyed 2 Dragons. I then clicked on Red button for EoT and just after the running man appeared I CTD'd. Savegame and Minidump attached. SVN version 5118 is my current version.

JosEPh

20. Odessa

Odessa Chieftain

Hey guys,

i have the DynamicCivNames Mod runnin and it shows me Provisional Goverment without any revolution. I use Despotism and Junta. Is that intend to be?

Pls find screenies attached

Odessa

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.