Postmortem on Mueller

Yeah I guess I don't understand the 'make us look bad' angle because it's not like anyone in the country really wants foreign interference. Like, this seems like something we all agree on and should be an easy thing to do politically. Given how the GOP has been acting, I really do suspect that someone like McConnell wants more foreign assistance going forward.

Honestly, I don't know if this is true. I believe that large swaths of Republican voters do actually think Putin is preferable to Pelosi.

A progressive Democrat who consistantly goes to bat for conservatives and republicans.

He called Bush 41 & 43 war criminals and accused Mueller of lying us into the Iraq war

and even though he got it wrong on Mueller lying about collusion/conspiracy in p180, v1, he got it right about RussiaGate. Is he supposed to get that wrong like a bunch of Democrats to prove his progressive cred?

Last edited:
Now that Mueller has issued warnings about election interference and McConnell and Co have shot down efforts to secure the election - I have to ask why? Like, do they think that if they pass election security reforms, that it would make the GOP look bad because they benefited from election interference last time around? Or is it more nefarious in that they actually want more foreign interference to help them in elections?
The only real election security issue facing America is Voter Fraud!!!!!

He called Bush 41 & 43 war criminals and accused Mueller of lying us into the Iraq war

and even though he got it wrong on Mueller lying about collusion/conspiracy in p180, v1, he got it right about RussiaGate. Is he supposed to get that wrong like a bunch of Democrats to prove his progressive cred?

Who are we talking about got it right again?

Jimmy Dore, Aaron Mate, various left wingers, you know, partisan Republicans

At this point, it is impossible to ignore the fact that Donald Trump isn't the only politician willing to accept foreign interference in our elections. The entire Republican Party now welcomes it as well.

The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence released the first volume of its report on the 2016 election interference Thursday and it contained a fairly shocking revelation. The election systems in all 50 states were targeted, a far bigger attack than we knew and apparently something that went almost completely undetected at the time. The report says that they did nothing with the information they gleaned but darkly suggest that its possible they may have been collecting information for a future date. This is, apparently, fine with President Trump and the Republican leadership.

https://www.salon.com/2019/07/26/mu...only-politician-to-welcome-election-meddling/

It is worth noting that McConnell just had a huge deal with Russians for his state and him personally to a great extent.

In that cycle, his companies contributed over $6.3 million, with $2.5 million going to McConnell’s Senate Leadership Fund. In 2017, Blavatnik donated another $1 million to the committee, records show, bringing the total to $3.5 million.

While Blavatnik certainly donated a lot of money to McConnell’s committee, he is nowhere near the majority leader’s highest contributor. In the 2017-18 cycle alone, at least two other donors, Sheldon D. Adelson and Miriam Adelson, gave $25 million (a piece) to his leadership fund.

https://www.politifact.com/facebook...hecking-claim-mitch-mcconnells-biggest-donor/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/03/how-kleptocracy-came-to-america/580471/

Let us face it, we as a nation are compromised right to the very top. . .

Hey zerker fwiw this all started in the late nineties so you can throw lots of blames at your Clin-ton friends you like so much! Do not kid yourself they aren't even really hiding the fact they own of most 'prestigious' politicians at this point, they just giggle about it.

Last edited:
The supreme court just gave Trump the OK to divert military funding to his border wall.

Hey zerker fwiw this all started in the late nineties so you can throw lots of blames at your Clin-ton friends you like so much! Do not kid yourself they aren't even really hiding the fact they own of most 'prestigious' politicians at this point, they just giggle about it.

We dont need to go back to the 90's, the corruption is bipartisan and ongoing. But the debate is about the Mueller investigation into the alleged Trump-Putin conspiracy. Cloud said Jimmy Dore consistently defends conservatives and Republicans when in fact he calls them war criminals. But since Jimmy criticizes corporate Democrats too we get people like Cloud who think he's a Republican shill.

Honestly, I don't know if this is true. I believe that large swaths of Republican voters do actually think Putin is preferable to Pelosi.

Well let me ask you this: Who would you rather see riding a horse shirtless, Putin or Pelosi?

We dont need to go back to the 90's, the corruption is bipartisan and ongoing. But the debate is about the Mueller investigation into the alleged Trump-Putin conspiracy. Cloud said Jimmy Dore consistently defends conservatives and Republicans when in fact he calls them war criminals. But since Jimmy criticizes corporate Democrats too we get people like Cloud who think he's a Republican shill.

I dont mind Jim Dore but dont take everything he says as the unvarnished truth
Iam going to ask you again if it is alright for Democrats to ask China for help with intel, money and influence during the coming election ? Because this it seems to be perfectly legal now. How about more questionable things like hacking ?

Last edited:
I dont mind Jim Dore but dont take everything he says as the unvarnished truth
Iam going to ask you again if it is alright for Democrats to ask China for help with intel, money and influence during the coming election ? Because this it seems to be perfectly legal now. How about more questionable things like hacking ?
I am going ask you to provide ''some actual evidence'' from the FBI that there was Russian hacking of the DNC by the Russians... should be easy...

Well let me ask you this: Who would you rather see riding a horse shirtless, Putin or Pelosi?
I take your question and rephrase it:
Who would you rather see a horse riding: Putin or Pelosi?

I am going ask you to provide ''some actual evidence'' from the FBI that there was Russian hacking of the DNC by the Russians... should be easy...

Iam going to ask for evidence that Wind turbines cause cancer ? Cause you cant be that bad right ?

Russian Hackers Went After Hillary Clinton's Emails 5 Hours After Trump 'Joked' About It
"They probably have her 33,000 emails that she lost and deleted," he said. "Because you’d see some beauties there."

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a27196851/mueller-report-russian-hackers-trump/

Iam going to ask for evidence that Wind turbines cause cancer ? Cause you cant be that bad right ?
like Trumps Joke ... to use your words... unlike you I do not fall for your joke... trying to change the subject yet again?
wind turbines do not cause cancer as far as i know... neither do the ''Russians Russians Russians'' but the mere mention of Russians seem to cause Trump derangement Syndrome apparently...

Fulfilling your duties to the FSB I see.

Mueller report said:
2. Intrusions into the DCCC and DNC Networks
a. Initial Access
By no later than April 12, 2016, the GRU had gained access to the DCCC computer
network using the credentials stolen from a DCCC employee who had been successfully
spearphished the week before. Over the ensuing weeks, the GRU traversed the network,
identifying different computers connected to the DCCC network. By stealing network access
credentials along the way (including those of IT administrators with unrestricted access to the
system), the GRU compromised approximately 29 different computers on the DCCC network. 119
Approximately six days after first hacking into the DCCC network, on April 18, 2016,
GRU officers gained access to the DNC network via a virtual private network (VPN) connection 120
between the DCCC and DNC networks. 121 Between April 18, 2016 and June 8, 2016, Unit 26165
compromised more than 30 computers on the DNC network, including the DNC mail server and
shared file server. 122
b. Implantation of Ma/ware on DCCC and DNC Networks
Unit 26165 implanted on the DCCC and DNC networks two types of customized
malware, 123 known as "X-Agent" and "X-Tunnel "; Mimikatz, a credential-harvesting tool ; and
rar.exe , a tool used in these intrusions to compile and compress materials for exfiltration. X-Agent
was a multi -function hacking tool that allowed Unit 26165 to log keystrokes , take screenshots, and
gather other data about the infected computers (e.g., file directories , operating systems). 124 XTunnel
was a hacking tool that created an encrypted connection between the victim DCCC/DNC
computers and GRU-controlled computers outside the DCCC and DNC networks that was capable
of large -scale data transfers. 125 GRU officers then used X-Tunnel to exfiltrate stolen data from the
victim computers.
120 A VPN extends a private network, allowing users to send and receive data across public
networks (such as the internet) as if the connecting computer was directly connected to the private network.
The VPN in this case had been created to give a small number of DCCC employees access to certain
databases housed on the DNC network. Therefore, while the DCCC employees were outside the DNC's
private network, they could access parts of the DNC network from their DCCC computers.
Investigative Technique
Investigative Technique
123 "Malware" is short for malicious software, and here refers to software designed to allow a third
party to infiltrate a computer without the consent or knowledge of the computer's user or operator.
124 Investigative Technique
125 Investigative Technique
U.S. Department of Justice
Att:on1eyW ork Proattet // Mtty Col'l:tttilM'I:t tterittlP roteetea Unser Fea. R. Crim.. P. 6(e)
To operate X-Agent and X-Tunnel on the DCCC and DNC networks, Unit 26165 officers
set up a group of computers outside those networks to communicate with the implanted
malware. 126 The first set of GRU-controlled computers, known by the GRU as "middle servers,"
sent and received messages to and from malware on the DNC/DCCC networks. The middle
servers, in turn, relayed messages to a second set of GRU-controlled com;§'ters, labeled internally
by the GRU as an "AMS Panel." The AMS Panel jjjf1f1 '•§\1flffl 1•j'1·- served as a
nerve center through which GRU officers monitored and directed the malware's operations on the
DNC/DCCC networks. 127
! . • . • • •
: Investigative Technique
Investigative Technique
Investigative Technique
126 In connection with these intrusions, the GRU used computers (virtual private networks,
dedicated servers operated by hosting companies, etc.) that it leased from third-party providers located all
over the world. The investi ation identified rental a reements and payments for computers located in, inter
alia, -~-~-Ii IIMliilili all of which were used in the operations
targeting the U.S. election.
127 Netyksho Indictment ,r 25.
128 Netyksho Indictment ,r 24( c ).
129 Netyksho Indictment ,r 24(b ).
U.S. Department of Justice
Atlorttey Work Prodttet // May Cotttaifl Material Proteeted Under Fed. R. Crim. P. 6Ee)
The Arizona-based AMS Panel also stored thousands of files containing keylogging
sessions captured through X-Agent. These sessions were captured as GRU officers monitored
DCCC and DNC employees' work on infected computers regularly between April 2016 and June
2016. Data captured in these key logging sessions included passwords, internal communications
between employees, banking information , and sensitive personal information.
c. Theft of Documents from DNC and DCCC Networks
Officers from Unit 26165 stole thousands of documents from the DCCC and DNC
networks, including significant amounts of data pertaining to the 2016 U.S. federal election s.
Stolen documents included internal strategy documents , fundraising data, opposition research , and
emails from the work inboxes of DNC employeesY 0
The GRU began stealing DCCC data shortly after it gained access to the network. On April
14, 2016 (approximately three days after the initial intrusion) GRU officers downloaded rar .exe
onto the DCCC's document server. The following day, the GRU searched one compromised
DCCC computer for files containing search terms that included "Hillary ," "DNC, " "Cruz ," and
"Trump." 131 On April 25, 2016 , the GRU collected and compressed PDF and Microsoft documents
from folders on the DCCC 's shared file server that pertained to the 2016 election. 132 The GRU
appears to have compressed and exfiltrated over 70 gigabytes of data from this file server. 133
The GRU also stole documents from the DNC network shortly after gaining access . On
April 22, 2016, the GRU copied files from the DNC network to GRU-controlled computers. Stolen
documents included the DNC' s opposition research into candidate Trump .134 Betwe en
approximately May 25, 2016 and June 1, 2016, GRU officers accessed the DNC's mail server
from a GRU-controlled computer leased inside the United States. 135 During these connection s,

like Trumps Joke ... to use your words... unlike you I do not fall for your joke... trying to change the subject yet again?
wind turbines do not cause cancer as far as i know... neither do the ''Russians Russians Russians'' but the mere mention of Russians seem to cause Trump derangement Syndrome apparently...
Can I mention Chernobyl here?

Top Bottom