1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Postmortem on Mueller

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Birdjaguar, May 4, 2019.

1. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

He does know what he's saying. He has chosen to say it anyway. His choosing to say it in that way is in service of right-wing propaganda on this matter. Donald Trump was not spied on. The FBI investigates possible criminal offenses. They had grounds to do so with the Trump campaign.

Timsup2nothin likes this.
  2. metalhead

metalhead Angry Bartender

Once again, the Rule of Law enthusiasts are out in force, trying to cast legitimate law enforcement activity, supported by warrants with the constitutionally mandated process attached, as somehow not legitimate.

God, I just love how freaking hypocritical this is. People are exposing their brain rot by defending these clowns out of pure partisanship, not realizing that the rest of the world isn't affected by similar partisan brain rot.

3. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

In a Republican's mouth Rule of Law means putting black and brown people in jail and not much else.

El_Machinae likes this.
  4. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

I remember when Pence tried conflating Rule of Law with Law and Order. Scary times.

5. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

This seems less like a thing a guy tried one time, and more a central pillar of conservative political philosophy that he accidentally expressed in mixed company.

6. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

Legitimate law enforcement activity complies with the 4th Amendment. We do not have the probable cause for the original Comey era investigation. It's not a poison tree. It's a poison forest. Then there are the last four words of the Mueller report. They directly indicate the assumption that Trump was guilty. Presumed innocent is the standard of any "legitimate law enforcement activity, supported by warrants with the constitutionally mandated process." If you are backing the Mueller report, you are backing the rule of get-Trump-at-any-cost not the rule of law.

J

7. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Cfc is a left wing hate site when we have weekly race realism threads by non racists who seek to seperate racial ideology which has sparked innumerable genocides but I am sure it works this time.

Literally the only way you can believe this is if your main source is Trump tweets.

I don't get why right wingers cry so much. Maybe they are losing in the marketplace they so cherish so much and should pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

And I say this when I got plotted more far right that anyone else besides the people that probably are too embarrassed to do so.

Cloud_Strife, hobbsyoyo and Lexicus like this.
  8. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Point of order, @haroon is certainly not a racist and (I assume) didn't know what he was stirring up by starting that thread.

9. haroon

haroon Emperor

I just want to discuss it in a more focus thread, because so many discussion that happened in this forum, somehow getting derailed then stuck discussing that issue, so I think it deserves its special thread.

10. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Oh, sorry. I wasn't actually riffing on that thread in particular, but just the many I've seen in the past.

Also, the inevitability of the replies that bring in that kind, lol.

Do not take my quip to heart; I do browse some more right leaning places than here, and thus have seen quite a few racistbutnotreally posts; key word: diversity. However, seeing it here is a bit more... troubling. I'm not here to censor anyone though. (Ridicule otoh)

hobbsyoyo, Lexicus and haroon like this.
  11. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Your general point was well-taken.

12. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Former FBI General Counsel James Baker was on Rachel Maddow tonight. They did quite a tango talking about the Steele Dossier and how opposition research became a source for the FBI investigation without mentioning the Clinton campaign.

13. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

But we have you so we'll never have this particular problem.

14. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Nothing has come from the Steele dossier. Trump has not paid a single Russian hooker anywhere near $130k in rubles to keep quiet about his fetishes.

Cloud_Strife and Birdjaguar like this.
  15. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

You're assuming Putin has left them alive.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  16. onejayhawk

Dude. That's some potent ****. be careful with it or your neurons may never speak to you again.

Maddow permit anything that would put Saint Hillary in a bad light? Not in this universe.

J

17. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

How would you know if you don't watch MSNBC?

Cloud_Strife likes this.
  18. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Damn right... Why is the truth a problem?

You mean the mushroom sprouting between his legs?

19. onejayhawk

I didn't realize you kept up to date on the rental charges.

In any event, you cannot say nothing came from the Steele Dossier. Mueller cranked out 400 pages...I see your point.

J

20. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Point of order:

Presumed innocent is the standard of any criminal trial.
    A criminal investigation arises from probable cause or in proper circumstances from a reasonably articulable suspicion.

hobbsyoyo, JollyRoger and Birdjaguar like this.