I read on r/civ that all walls in GS are as strong as Renaissance era walls, even Ancient era walls. Is this true?
It appears that all three levels of walls now have +100 Outer Defense Strength (instead of +50), which is also surely still cumulative. Haven't seen any info yet concerning Urban Defenses.

G'day sports! :) A question about Civ etiquette regarding "what's considered an EXPLOIT vs what's an ACCEPTABLE LOOPHOLE", I guess! ;)
These days I find myself really enjoying watching youtube videos of people who got "advanced copies" of Gathering Storm. A general, not Gathering Storm related question comes up though.
Example: when they discover Political Philosophy and get to choose their first Government, they go ahead and... just choose it.
I'd be tempted to say: "Hey! you can first keep your current government, switch to "20% reduction on buying new tiles", spend all the money you want with that, and only then - but still in the same turn - choose a new government.
Before voicing such opinion, I wondered if possibly this was deemed an exploit you shouldn't use, and therefore maybe I should a) shut up and b) stop doing that myself! ;)

you can first keep your current government, switch to "20% reduction on buying new tiles", spend all the money you want with that, and only then - but still in the same turn - choose a new government.

I don't think any would think that's an exploit. Everything you do in Civ6 is 'sequential' and this is just another example. Once you confirm you choices you can't change them.

New to Civ VI here, a few of quick questions:

1) I've only played a few games here, and it seems that even with large map I always start with one other Civ within spitting distance, like under 10 tiles away. Is that just bad luck or should I expect that all the time? If so, I've been forward settling (if the location is nice) on the dirty rats but even if the location really isn't close to them, it always seems to lead to "y u settle so close?" and early war. (Of course, the alternative is handing them the riverfront property and building a hut in the desert)
2) When you capture a city and are asked to keep or raze it, is there any way to see what is in the city before deciding, like you could in Civ 5? All I see is something that says "number of districts".
3) Is there any way to stop the game from autoselecting the next unit on its list? I mean, I will have multiple units I am moving around, I finish one, click on another, and then just as I right click a destination the game shifts focus to a scout halfway around the world and my click sends him on a 34 turn Journey home. This is particularly annoying when I am trying to position military and move the wrong ones or when going after Villages. Once I manually select a unit, why doesn't it stay selected?
4) Is there any way to see if a wonder has been completed? I've had a couple of early game wonders where they weren't in my available list and I'm not sure if they were built or I am missing a prerequisite.

New to Civ VI here, a few of quick questions:

1) I've only played a few games here, and it seems that even with large map I always start with one other Civ within spitting distance, like under 10 tiles away. Is that just bad luck or should I expect that all the time? If so, I've been forward settling (if the location is nice) on the dirty rats but even if the location really isn't close to them, it always seems to lead to "y u settle so close?" and early war. (Of course, the alternative is handing them the riverfront property and building a hut in the desert)
2) When you capture a city and are asked to keep or raze it, is there any way to see what is in the city before deciding, like you could in Civ 5? All I see is something that says "number of districts".
3) Is there any way to stop the game from autoselecting the next unit on its list? I mean, I will have multiple units I am moving around, I finish one, click on another, and then just as I right click a destination the game shifts focus to a scout halfway around the world and my click sends him on a 34 turn Journey home. This is particularly annoying when I am trying to position military and move the wrong ones or when going after Villages. Once I manually select a unit, why doesn't it stay selected?
4) Is there any way to see if a wonder has been completed? I've had a couple of early game wonders where they weren't in my available list and I'm not sure if they were built or I am missing a prerequisite.

1) That's normal. A lot of the early game is based on AI interaction (especially war), and the map generation algorithm will set you up close to at least one AI more often than not. That often leads to early war, which is by game design intent.

2) Just ignore the question and go in and take a look at the city. You'll be asked again before the turn is over.

3) Yes, it's in the game setup options. I changed that partway through my first game of Civ 6 and have never gone back.

4) Pay attention to the wonder announcements on the right hand side of the screen. The wonder ones have a Pyramids logo. You need to make a note of which ones are completed though, as you can't find this information again after you've clicked it away.

Just activated the Gathering Storm DLC. First thing I did was check what was done in regards to Civ VI mods. It looks like what they have done is to disable ALL mods that didn't come from Firaxis. Disabled mods were labeled "incompatible", even though going to the Steam Workshop showed many mods that the modders indicated would be updated for vanilla, Rise & Fall, and Gathering Storm.

So, does anyone know the Truth on this? NO MODS are as yet compatible? (Even though it strikes me that many mods made for vanilla WILL work, regardless of DLC idiosyncrasies. Such as yield values of tiles, etc.) Or did Firaxis simply kneejerk an attitude of, "If it didn't come from us, it can't possibly be compatible" without even checking whether or not they were compatible?

Just activated the Gathering Storm DLC. First thing I did was check what was done in regards to Civ VI mods. It looks like what they have done is to disable ALL mods that didn't come from Firaxis. Disabled mods were labeled "incompatible", even though going to the Steam Workshop showed many mods that the modders indicated would be updated for vanilla, Rise & Fall, and Gathering Storm.

So, does anyone know the Truth on this? NO MODS are as yet compatible? (Even though it strikes me that many mods made for vanilla WILL work, regardless of DLC idiosyncrasies. Such as yield values of tiles, etc.) Or did Firaxis simply kneejerk an attitude of, "If it didn't come from us, it can't possibly be compatible" without even checking whether or not they were compatible?

My understanding is that they've introduced a new tag system to make it easier for players to identify which mods are compatible with which versions of Civ 6.

Since the system has just been rolled out, though, no third party modder has yet had the time to add the tag to their mods. Further, none of them will yet have had a chance to test to confirm whether their mod remains compatible with the just-released GS or not.

Give it a couple of days.

\Since the system has just been rolled out, though, no third party modder has yet had the time to add the tag to their mods. Further, none of them will yet have had a chance to test to confirm whether their mod remains compatible with the just-released GS or not.
@sukritact has already updated some of his mods, @BWS has also updated his map tacks, I also have a few of mine up and running.

@sukritact has already updated some of his mods, @BWS has also updated his map tacks, I also have a few of mine up and running.
Good to know. But Steam needs to create a sorting filter to _quickly_ identify which (few) mods are compatible with GS. [And with (vanilla + R&S), and (vanilla + GS), and (vanilla + R&S + GS.)]

Sorry for the dumb question but I cant find anymore the icon to see the list of your cities with your strategic/luxury resources allocated to them... it used to be on top left screen but in GS it seems gone. Anyone know where is it now? Thank you!

I read in the video from Civ's YouTube channel that lists every wonder that the Golden Gate bridge "boosts tourism from improvements and national parks." But I think I remember reading this only affects the improvements and national parks in the city the Golden Gate is built.

Is this true? Or is the boost empire wide?

I read in the video from Civ's YouTube channel that lists every wonder that the Golden Gate bridge "boosts tourism from improvements and national parks." But I think I remember reading this only affects the improvements and national parks in the city the Golden Gate is built.

Is this true? Or is the boost empire wide?
The boost affects that city only.

The description says: "Land units can cross without needing to embark. Acts as Modern Road and creates Modern Roads (if not present) in land tiles on either end. City gains +3 Amenities. All tiles in this city +4 Appeal. +100% Tourism from improvements and National Parks in this city. Must be built on a Coast tile. The bridge must run straight across the hex between two land tiles directly opposite each other. At least one water tile must be present on both the left and right sides of the bridge."

Could someone please explain to me how is it possible in civ 5 for Polynesia to possess winged hussars when Poland is not even in the game?
Névtelen.png

How to get leader portraits and icons from game files In Civilization VI? [Question]

Please help to extract images, I didn't find the portraits of leaders, game icons, civ icons in folder (jpeg, png etc) there are BLP files,
I tried to extract something from it, but I failed, how do I do it? Is anyone good at it?

Could someone please explain to me how is it possible in civ 5 for Polynesia to possess winged hussars when Poland is not even in the game?
View attachment 517889
Civ _V_? Then it was a mod. Several, actually. Several mods added more civs, of which a few included Poland. Then there were/are a couple that allows ANY civ have access to ANY nation's Unique Units. And some additional civ mods grabbed Unique Units for an additional civ to use as its own Unique Unit. (Vanilla and R & F for Civ Vi had similar mods available.)

Top Bottom