why can't i build a campus surrounded by the mountains (it would get +6):
Is the the game preventing you building here because it is surrounded by mountains? Later on when you get great scientists they have to be moved into the campus to be used and if this was your only campus you would never be able to use them?

Is anyone else experiencing the "unit available for promotion" alert popping up, and then going to the unit, only to find it really isn't "available for promotion"?

I'm talking about units that have available movement (fresh turn).

This has happened maybe 3 or 4 times in my current game.

Civilopedia: "Constructing farms adjacent to other Farms (sic) provides bonuses to Housing"

OK. How? That's all it says.

Lets make good use of this post and throw in another one:

Adjacency bonuses when building districts seem to have different rules for pretty every thing that its adjacent to.

For instance, If I build a Holy Site next to The Dead Sea (in the crinkle on one of the sides), I get +4 bonus for TWO adjacent natural wonder (i.e. the same one, but two separate bonuses, one for each side of the hex connects to the natural wonder, 2+2). If, however, I built a Commercial District in a crinkle in a river, where three sides of my hex connects to the river, I get... +2.

Last edited:
How do you found a religion in Civ 6?
Need to build a Holy Site, Shrine, Temple form a pantheon and accumulate faith. I don't know if its like Civ5 and you get to form a religion at some arbitrary number after 200faith but I got mine shortly after 200 Faith. You can use apostles to enhance your faith twice.

Are armies formed out of 3 corps, 3 regular units, or mix & matches of either?
2 of the same unit type, you want to pair experienced units with inexperienced units, you get this around the Renaissance era. You can also chain a support unit Generals, Siege Towers, Battering Rams, to units and have them move together but be careful you shouldn't chain a support with 2 movement to a unit with 3 movement.

Need to build a Holy Site, Shrine, Temple form a pantheon and accumulate faith. I don't know if its like Civ5 and you get to form a religion at some arbitrary number after 200faith but I got mine shortly after 200 Faith. You can use apostles to enhance your faith twice.

Hmm. I have a Parthenon, am getting faith from Barbarian camps, from my capital (civic) and at am about 375 faith. What am I doing wrong?

Hmm. I have a Parthenon, am getting faith from Barbarian camps, from my capital (civic) and at am about 375 faith. What am I doing wrong?

You need to acquire a Great Prophet to found a religion. You can do that either by building Stonehenge (not relevant in the facts your recite) or accumulate enough Great Prophet Points to buy a Great Prophet. Your Holy Site is providing 1 Great Prophet Point per turn, but you can increase that by building a Shrine (another +1 Great Prophet Point) and building a Holy Site and Shrine in additional cities. Note: Great Prophet Points are different from faith!

To see where you stand, go to the Great People screen (button at top left of the screen, just above the World Tracker). That shows every civ's progress towards buying a Great Prophet, and the current Great Prophet cost (e.g., it might show you are at 23/60, meaning you have accumulated 23 Great Prophet points towards a cost of 60 points). If the Great Prophet section is blank, it means all of the Great Prophets have been taken (the game limits the number of religions that can be founded (varies by map size) and only provides 1 GPr per religion, so once they're gone, they're gone).

Assuming they aren't all gone, check the religion screen (different button on that same panel) to see how many more religions can be founded. Let's say there's just 1 more religion that can be founded, and when you check the Great People screen you see that you are behind another civ in the race for the last Great Prophet (maybe you're at 23/60 and they are at 42/60). In that case, you do have the opportunity to close the gap by buying the Great prophet with your accumulated GP Points plus either gold or faith. The faith cost of "closing the deal" will decline as you get closer to the Great Prophet Point threshold (i.e., the faith cost is much lower at 53/60 than it is at 23/60). Of course, that requires that you have enough faith to sneak in and steal the last Great Prophet. And be aware that the AI knows about this possibility as well, so if you have enough faith, you might want to spend it.

2 of the same unit type, you want to pair experienced units with inexperienced units, you get this around the Renaissance era. You can also chain a support unit Generals, Siege Towers, Battering Rams, to units and have them move together but be careful you shouldn't chain a support with 2 movement to a unit with 3 movement.
Thanks for the reply, good tips about experience and movement. I formed a corps fine, but now that I've researched mobilization in my game I'm still looking for the answer on the mechanism to form armies. I tried standing 3 regular cavalry units next to each other and don't get any merge button to form an army. Do they form out of 3 regular units or is it 3 corps units? Or maybe it's just modern era units allowed to form armies?

Thanks Browd. I don't have a Holy Site. I need to get one. 3/6 Religions are gone.

Thanks for the reply, good tips about experience and movement. I formed a corps fine, but now that I've researched mobilization in my game I'm still looking for the answer on the mechanism to form armies. I tried standing 3 regular cavalry units next to each other and don't get any merge button to form an army. Do they form out of 3 regular units or is it 3 corps units? Or maybe it's just modern era units allowed to form armies?

I haven't tried to form an army directly from three stand-alone units, but you can first form a corps and then add the third unit to the corps to form an army. Might have to wait one turn to do step 2.

Is there any way to use the number pad on the keyboard to move? I've tried with and without numlock on (neither setting works).

You were able to do this in civ 5.

Last edited:
Just to be sure, is there a way to remove a district construction site, once it is layed out?

Is there any way to use the number pad on the keyboard to move? I've tried with and without numlock on (neither setting works).

You were able to do this in civ 5.
Not at this time. It's highly anticipated in the near future by "almost everyone."

Top Bottom