1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

I have 6 Great Works(from trade screen) and 14 display places but I can see only one in display. How do I assign rest of them?

2. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Also why I cant build archelogist? I have discovered natural history civic and I have art museum in city but that city doesnt have it option?

3. Mahasona

Mahasona Prince

Cities with archeologist museum build archeologists.

Art museums are filled with works from great Artists.

4. Antiriad

Antiriad Chieftain

If you don't found a religion, but adopt the religion of a rival whom you eventually eliminate from the game, does their religion with all it's benefits become essentially your own religion?

5. essmene

essmene Warlord

How does recruit partisants work? I have had spies that got a promotion, but I never found a city that would give me that option.

6. Shorlin

Shorlin Warlord

Does the factory bonus to nearby cities only apply if the other city also has a factory built?

7. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

If you conquer Zanzibar, do you get the Clove and Cinnamon too?

8. Baba Yetu VI

Baba Yetu VI Warlord

It appears okay with me. Back to CIV 5, even in late game, turns are run pretty fast.

9. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Two methods to keep track of this. One is to open up the city panel, and click on the third 'option' at the top, which shows religious populations in the city. The easiest way to check ALL your cities is to have a faith unit. Just click on it, and it will show you religious influences in the game.

Note that killing an enemy faith unit with one of yours, or even with a non-faith unit, will lower the influence of the foreign faith in nearby cities (even cities of other civs). Killing one with one of your apostles not only lowers it, but also, if I am recalling correctly, raises the influence of YOUR religion. Its quite handy to keep a handful of apostles around, guarding vulnerable cities. And, as was posted, you can heal them in your holy sites.

Also, you can use the apostle to spread your religion before burning it on an inquisition. Not sure if this is also true for adding beliefs, but I will test it next game I start.

edit: but using up ALL of the spread charges WILL eat the apostle.
    edit2: I'm also not sure if there is a requirement for number of charges left on a unit to start an inquisition. I am certain, though, that I used an apostle to spread religion, and THEN used the same apostle to start an inquisition.

10. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

What exactly is the difference of the Battering Ram and the siege tower? I build both just to make sure I have what I need . And Do they become obsolet? When?

11. Mahasona

Mahasona Prince

You only need one factory, but additional ones stack.

12. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Yes, they stack.

13. Mahasona

Mahasona Prince

My OBSERVATION BALLOON doesn't work!

It should "adds +1 range to adjacent bombard strength units" but I only get the normal 2 range from my field cannons. I can see three tiles with it but that's all. Am i using the wrong unit with it?

[Edit] Field cannons arn't bombard, they're for killing units. I didn't see artillery as it was 6 units further down in the build list and I was in a hurry!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  14. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

A field cannon is a ranged unit (crossbow upgrade) not an artillery unit. You would use ithe balloon with the bombard in that era.

killmeplease likes this.
  15. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

You can also bring up the religious lens by selecting that from the lens menu. It only shows cities that have a majority of citizens for a given religion.

16. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

No.

17. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

No. When the rival is defeated the religion basically no longer has a holy city. You can't become a replacement founder.

18. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

It you have 6 Great Works and your Great Works screen has 14 slots, then 6 of them should have items in them.

If you are referring what is shown when you click Gallery in the top left of the Great Works screen, that shows a full screen view of each item with navigation to allow you to flip through all of them. That is, you should be able to flip through 6 of them.

If that doesn't explain what you are asking about post s screenshot to help clarify your issue.

19. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Battering ram allows units to do full damage to walls (normally attacks at walls come with a significant damage penalty), while siege towers allow melee units to bypass the walls (if there are any walls) and attack the city directly (causing city health damage, rather than damaging the walls). They don't go obsolete (although it does feel funny to be dragging around a battering ram to accompany your infantry and tanks).

Stilgar08 and mnf like this.
  20. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

I mean I see 6 Great Works as my items when I trade with some AI. There is only one in Great works screen. I see if I manage to get two screenshots

Attached Files: