1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Mathias Rex

Mathias Rex Chieftain

Doest the AI ever make overseas invasions? I haven't played much yet, but i've never seen one.

2. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Ok then why I cant build archeologist museum? I have humanism and art museum.

Attached Files:

3. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

I'd post this in the bugs forum. I don't why your five relics are not showing up in temples. Try moving the book to the library and see if having the palace slot helps you do something.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yes, the relic situation is odd. When you post in Bug Reports, please include a save file, if possible.

5. Browd

Once you have an art museum in a city, you can't also have an archaeological museum in that city -- limit is one museum per city. You'll have to find another city in which to build your archaeological museum.

6. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

They tried once! But with little effect. If they could use their military units as they use their religious once - THAT would be an invasion! :)

Lunchmoney and Akbarthegreat like this.
  7. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

Great, thanks for the clear explanation :)
    And if you think about it all this seems quite realistic.

8. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Actually, they do get obsolete, when you get to Industrial Era (can't be built anymore).

At that point in game, walls also become obsolete (can't be build anywhere), but all cities get fortified defenses of 200hp.

Lunchmoney likes this.
  9. Mathias Rex

Mathias Rex Chieftain

Yes, it would be amazing!

10. Morten Blaabjerg

Morten Blaabjerg Settler

How can I cancel an alliance with an AI civ? I want to get rid of all their units flooding my territory!

11. SheckyS

SheckyS Warlord

Is there any way to tell the Americans to stop attacking my City-State allies? I can't find any diplomacy or trade options for this. So my only option is to kill them all. :)

12. aram12

aram12 Chieftain

I hover over the Faith button in the lower right for my Capital and I see +4 - +1 for worked tiles +3 from modifiers. Modifiers is very ambiguous. I look around and find I have +1 from a Civic Policy God King and then go to my City States and see an Envoy is providing +2 in my Capital. Is there anywhere in the interface that shows me all of this at once?

Same thing for any other resource...Production? Science? Etc.? I just want to see what's going on.

13. IsildursHeir

IsildursHeir Chieftain

So just to confirm......
    Are you moving your Great Works people to the locations that can hold the Great Works and hitting the button to put them in there?
    As an example, if you have a Great Writer (ie. Shakespeare), you would need to move him to the Amphitheater in Texoco (in your ss example), then hit the button in the lower right box to store his Great Writing there.

14. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

One correction. I had listed amenities for the neighborhood when it is obviously housing.

15. taulph88

taulph88 Warlord

Can anyone answer how aqueducts are supposed to work? I've looked everywhere for a better explanation but I still don't get it.

How do I get +6 housing from them instead of +2?

16. bumpyglint

bumpyglint Chieftain

In gameplay terms, what's the difference between infantry and cavalry? Can cavalry have defensive bonus from terrain? Does cavalry got malus against cities like civ V?

17. essmene

essmene Warlord

If you have an outstanding promotion, will you earn XP if you continue fighting? - The XP bar just shows XX/XX XP.

18. Browd

The Civilopedia's statement that a city without water access can "receive up to +6 Housing" from an aqueduct is misleadingly phrased; what they really mean is that a city without water access will be "topped up to +6 Housing."

If your city is founded with access to "full" fresh water (adjacent to river, lake or oasis), your city starts with 5 Housing from water (base 2 Housing from water that every city gets, plus 3 Housing for access to the fresh water itself) and all you can get from an aqueduct is +2 Housing from water (for a total of 7 Housing from water).

If your city is founded with coastal fresh water access, your city starts with 3 Housing from water (base 2 plus 1 Housing from the coastal water) and you can get another +3 Housing from an aqueduct (for a total of 6 Housing from water).

And if you found in a location with no fresh water access at all, your city starts with just the base 2 Housing from water that every city gets, and you can gain +4 Housing by building the aqueduct (for an eventual total of 6 Housing from water).

Lunchmoney likes this.
  19. Browd

No, you will not.

Lunchmoney and essmene like this.
  20. JamesLeonReynolds

JamesLeonReynolds Chieftain

A leader of a newly met country invites me to visit their city. I reply yes. Do/can I take some action to visit their city after this, or did I already visit it just by saying I would?