Doest the AI ever make overseas invasions? I haven't played much yet, but i've never seen one.

Cities with archeologist museum build archeologists.

Art museums are filled with works from great Artists.

Ok then why I cant build archeologist museum? I have humanism and art museum.

Attachments

• 289070_20161029194451_1.png
    289070_20161029194451_1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
Yes, the relic situation is odd. When you post in Bug Reports, please include a save file, if possible.

Ok then why I cant build archeologist museum? I have humanism and art museum.

Once you have an art museum in a city, you can't also have an archaeological museum in that city -- limit is one museum per city. You'll have to find another city in which to build your archaeological museum.

Doest the AI ever make overseas invasions? I haven't played much yet, but i've never seen one.
They tried once! But with little effect. If they could use their military units as they use their religious once - THAT would be an invasion! :)

Putting a district on a tile results in all the base yields becoming 0. So if it had 1 food and 2 production, it now has 0 food and 0 production. Then the yields of whatever the district are are added. So if it is an industrial zone with a couple mines next to it, it could start with 4 production.

The one sort of exception is that the appeal of the underlying tile affects the number of amenities for a Neighborhood district. A tile's appeal is determined by what is on all the tiles around. Read the Civilopedia on "Neighborhood Districts and Appeal".

Putting districts on tiles you are unlikely to improve for farms, mines, etc. does mean deserts and tundra are better places if just considering the underlying tile yields. But normally, the adjacency bonuses or the terrain you happen to get around the city means that you won't do that.

Great, thanks for the clear explanation :)
And if you think about it all this seems quite realistic.

Battering ram allows units to do full damage to walls (normally attacks at walls come with a significant damage penalty), while siege towers allow melee units to bypass the walls (if there are any walls) and attack the city directly (causing city health damage, rather than damaging the walls). They don't go obsolete (although it does feel funny to be dragging around a battering ram to accompany your infantry and tanks).

Actually, they do get obsolete, when you get to Industrial Era (can't be built anymore).

At that point in game, walls also become obsolete (can't be build anywhere), but all cities get fortified defenses of 200hp.

Is there any way to tell the Americans to stop attacking my City-State allies? I can't find any diplomacy or trade options for this. So my only option is to kill them all. :)

I hover over the Faith button in the lower right for my Capital and I see +4 - +1 for worked tiles +3 from modifiers. Modifiers is very ambiguous. I look around and find I have +1 from a Civic Policy God King and then go to my City States and see an Envoy is providing +2 in my Capital. Is there anywhere in the interface that shows me all of this at once?

Same thing for any other resource...Production? Science? Etc.? I just want to see what's going on.

I mean I see 6 Great Works as my items when I trade with some AI. There is only one in Great works screen. I see if I manage to get two screenshots

So just to confirm......
Are you moving your Great Works people to the locations that can hold the Great Works and hitting the button to put them in there?
As an example, if you have a Great Writer (ie. Shakespeare), you would need to move him to the Amphitheater in Texoco (in your ss example), then hit the button in the lower right box to store his Great Writing there.

Can anyone answer how aqueducts are supposed to work? I've looked everywhere for a better explanation but I still don't get it.

How do I get +6 housing from them instead of +2?

In gameplay terms, what's the difference between infantry and cavalry? Can cavalry have defensive bonus from terrain? Does cavalry got malus against cities like civ V?

If you have an outstanding promotion, will you earn XP if you continue fighting? - The XP bar just shows XX/XX XP.

Can anyone answer how aqueducts are supposed to work? I've looked everywhere for a better explanation but I still don't get it.

How do I get +6 housing from them instead of +2?

The Civilopedia's statement that a city without water access can "receive up to +6 Housing" from an aqueduct is misleadingly phrased; what they really mean is that a city without water access will be "topped up to +6 Housing."

If your city is founded with access to "full" fresh water (adjacent to river, lake or oasis), your city starts with 5 Housing from water (base 2 Housing from water that every city gets, plus 3 Housing for access to the fresh water itself) and all you can get from an aqueduct is +2 Housing from water (for a total of 7 Housing from water).

If your city is founded with coastal fresh water access, your city starts with 3 Housing from water (base 2 plus 1 Housing from the coastal water) and you can get another +3 Housing from an aqueduct (for a total of 6 Housing from water).

And if you found in a location with no fresh water access at all, your city starts with just the base 2 Housing from water that every city gets, and you can gain +4 Housing by building the aqueduct (for an eventual total of 6 Housing from water).

A leader of a newly met country invites me to visit their city. I reply yes. Do/can I take some action to visit their city after this, or did I already visit it just by saying I would?

Top Bottom