1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

The same goes for liberating a city. Do NOT try to liberate a city-state (like Zanzibar) through a peace deal.

2. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

If it says all trade routes, then it means all trade routes. So yes, both domestic and international ones

Also to add to that, the cards that strictly say "international" trade routes refer to both trade routes with other civs and city states seemingly

3. manu-fan

manu-fan Emperor

On Culture Victory. Just google it. I did and there was a video of a guy explaining it. Basically, get as much culture as you can. Then as much Tourism as you can. It's something like you need to have more Tourism than other nations Culture per turn or something. But googling it came up with tons of good stuff about it.

4. SheckyS

SheckyS Warlord

What do I have to do in order to unlock corps and armies?
    From what I found online, you need to enter the Renaissance era for Corps and the Modern era for Armies.

But I am in the Renaissance in the game I'm playing right now (or at least I THINK I am - how can I tell?) and I can't combine any units.

5. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Warlord

Yes they do. Irrespective of nation as well not just city.

6. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

Corps/Fleet requires the civic Nationalism (Industrial Era). Armies/Armadas require the civic Mobilization (Modern Era).

SheckyS likes this.
  7. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Warlord

At least for the 50% settler production, it's just a display bug--the extra production is hidden. I've got a city producing 10 hammers with settlers costing 120 hammers--without the policy, it says it will take 12 turns, which makes sense, 120/10=12. Add the policy and wait 1 turn for it to take effect, and the city still says it's producing 10 hammers and settlers still cost 120 hammers--but now it says it will only take 8 turns to produce--suddenly 120/10=8, showing it's really producing 15 whatever the screen says.

8. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Warlord

Check for hidden production--select to build one of the units, and divide the "adjusted cost" (the number at the bottom of the unit card on the production screen) by the city's claimed production to get the number of turns it would take to build without the bonus. If it says it's going to take less turns to build than that calculation, you're getting the bonus, it's just not showing it. I can confirm this happens with the 50% settler production card. Also, at least some cards don't see to take effect until the next turn.

9. IsildursHeir

IsildursHeir Chieftain

Rest your mouse on the right side of the compass looking thing in the lower right of the interface (where you usually see the exclamation point or spinning globe). The tooltip should show what era you are in.
    You can also look on the Tech and Civic trees, on the wallpaper background.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  10. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

Anyone knows details about how trade routes add +% tourism bonus vs other civilization?

I can't figure out exactly how these mechanics work because i sometimes get +% vs civilization i have a trade route with and sometimes i don't. I can't figure out what is the trigger that actually turns this modifier on - open borders, number of routes, location of route, diplomatic relation, diplomatic visibility - i can't figure out what exactly, almost seems random when this +% tourism from trade route is applied.

11. Mondoflow

Mondoflow Chieftain

How are apostle promotion options determined? For a while I thought it just gave you two random choices from the list, but in one game it looked like it was just giving me the full list to choose from, and in another game it started giving me nothing but Heathen Conversion with no other options, until it stopped giving me promotions at all (even though it showed my experience as full).

12. Mahasona

Mahasona Prince

I can't build a Seaside Resort on my Breathtaking (6) coastal plains tile.

My builder removed the plantation from the cotton - so what's the problem??

13. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Warlord

I don't know about the heathen conversion thing, but the Yerevan city state sovereign bonus is "Your Apostle units can choose from any possible promotions instead of receiving a random promotion."

14. essmene

essmene Warlord

Do AI Barbs ignore AI settlers in the water?

Peter (AI) has a catapult with a settler in the water, and for the past 4 rounds a barb Quadrireme is around, but not shooting anybody. I imagine if my units were in the water they would be dead by now.

difficulty immortal.

15. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

I don't think you can build it on luxury resource, only on resources that can be harvested and thus eliminated from map. You can't harvest luxury resource.

16. Mondoflow

Mondoflow Chieftain

Oh, that's awesome. Explains that, then.

17. essmene

essmene Warlord

I am looking for inland/external traderoute bonuses - e.g. what does contribute to the values? (and are those values in the UI correct?

I tried finding a table in the civiliopedia, but had no luck so far.

18. essmene

essmene Warlord

Each city state offers a unique bonus to the suzerian player - you should lead by at least 3x envoys, but it seems you also get it for ties.

Like PlotinusRedux said Yerevan offers you the bonus to choose the apostle promotion.

small religion guide

19. mnf

mnf King

If I remember correctly, tying with someone means nobody gets to be the Suzerain. You have to have the most envoys from all the major civs.

20. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Correct, but you just have to have one more envoy than the next nearest civ to be suzerain (assuming you have the minimum 3 envoys -- no one us suzerain until someone has 3 envoys)