I am looking for inland/external traderoute bonuses - e.g. what does contribute to the values? (and are those values in the UI correct?

I tried finding a table in the civiliopedia, but had no luck so far.

I'm not sure exactly that you're asking and what you already know. Basically, trade routes give the sender bonuses based on the districts constructed in the destination city. There are a few things that can modify that, like policies, trade posts, city state sovereign bonuses, and Port's Treasure Fleets, but the base is set by the districts in the destination city.

For internal trade routes: http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_route_(Civ6) has a table showing what district gives what bonus. http://civ6.gamepedia.com/District claims to give the district bonuses for both internal and external trade routes, but it is incorrect at least about some internal trade routes--i.e., Holy Site gives +2 food to internal routes, not +1, Harbor gives +2 production to internal, not +1--so I don't know if I'd trust its values for international trade routes either.

The basic things to know are: harbor and commercial district each add one trade route; encampments, harbors, commercial, and industrial districts all increase the production internal cities get for sending trade routes to the city containing them; since gold and food are easy to come by, the best use of trade routes is internally for production--to get a city started fast, transfer a couple of traders to it and send them to your cities that give the best production bonuses; when building an important wonder, transfer tons of traders to that city; and when building the science victory, transfer all your trades to the city or cities building it.

For all the talk about the best way to overlap industrial zones, etc., I've had a city on normal speed at emperor level with only 3 industrial zones in range finish the Mars pieces in 3 turns each by having over 20 outbound trade routes from it to cities I'd built all the districts that boost production trade (maxes at +7 per route), plus the final civics policy that adds +5 prod to international trade routes (well, and also with +1% per follower religion bonus and the +100% space race engineer, but the point is my trade routes far outproduced even a city I had another game with 12 factories+power plants within 6 tiles).

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly that you're asking and what you already know. Basically, trade routes give the sender bonuses based on the districts constructed in the destination city. There are a few things that can modify that, like policies, trade posts, city state sovereign bonuses, and Port's Treasure Fleets, but the base is set by the districts in the destination city.

For internal trade routes: http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_route_(Civ6) has a table showing what district gives what bonus. http://civ6.gamepedia.com/District claims to give the district bonuses for both internal and external trade routes, but it is incorrect at least about some internal trade routes--i.e., Holy Site gives +2 food to internal routes, not +1, Harbor gives +2 production to internal, not +1--so I don't know if I'd trust its values for international trade routes either.

The basic things to know are: harbor and commercial district each add one trade route; encampments, harbors, commercial, and industrial districts all increase the production internal cities get for sending trade routes to the city containing them; since gold and food are easy to come by, the best use of trade routes is internally for production--to get a city started fast, transfer a couple of traders to it and send them to your cities that give the best production bonuses; when building an important wonder, transfer tons of traders to that city; and when building the science victory, transfer all your trades to the city or cities building it.

For all the talk about the best way to overlap industrial zones, etc., I've had a city on normal speed at emperor level with only 3 industrial zones in range finish the Mars pieces in 3 turns each by having over 20 outbound trade routes from it to cities I'd built all the districts that boost production trade (maxes at +7 per route), plus the final civics policy that adds +5 prod to international trade routes (well, and also with +1% per follower religion bonus and the +100% space race engineer, but the point is my trade routes far outproduced even a city I had another game with 12 factories+power plants within 6 tiles).
Thank you for this in depth answer.

This game I was totally confused. I had an idea about industrial and encampments giving production, but I had cities giving +1 food / 6 prod and others giving like 6 food and 2 prod that seemed to have similar setups. Another thing is that I had traderoutes passing trading posts, but it never made a difference in gold return - But the interface said, each trading post would add +1 Gold. --- I am trying to understand if it is possible to maximize passed trading posts - I tried to pillage existing roads to force them into certain patterns, but it seems very hard.

I will take a look at those 2x tables and see how things develop. Thank you for the example for the space race I might need it this game.

Is there no way for a ranged unit (which has also a value for melee combat) like Crouching Tiger or a Crossbowman to capture a city that has no walls left and hardly any hitpoints? When I select "Go To" and the city, it will always do a (useless at that point) ranged attack and never a melee combat which would take the city.

Those units only have a combat strength for defense (when they are attacked). To take the city you need a melee-type unit (a land unit that only has combat strength, with no ranged attack and no bombard attack).

Thank you for this in depth answer.

This game I was totally confused. I had an idea about industrial and encampments giving production, but I had cities giving +1 food / 6 prod and others giving like 6 food and 2 prod that seemed to have similar setups. Another thing is that I had traderoutes passing trading posts, but it never made a difference in gold return - But the interface said, each trading post would add +1 Gold. --- I am trying to understand if it is possible to maximize passed trading posts - I tried to pillage existing roads to force them into certain patterns, but it seems very hard.

I will take a look at those 2x tables and see how things develop. Thank you for the example for the space race I might need it this game.

I haven't paid much attention to whether the trading posts are actually adding the gold, as I never have a problem with gold--just the buildings in commercial districts plus the policy that increases the output of those buildings by 100% generally provides more gold than I know what to do with.

The main use I've made of trading posts is to extend the range of my trading routes. Say you want to send a land route to a city 16+ hexes away--land routes only reach 15 hexes. So you have to send a route to a city between them first to establish a trading post in it, then your original city can now reach the the other city 16 hexes away by passing through the middle city. It may be (just guessing) that trading posts only get used in cases like that, where they are necessary to reach a destination more than 15 hexes away.

What is the reason for a random barbarian unit spawning in my domain? (not related to revolts as all cities have at least +1 amenities)

E.g. right now I have 2x Infantry Units spawning in Sao Paulo 18/18 housing +2 amenities - one on the neighbourhood, one industry complex.

How can i see if the city have a trading post or not ? (trading post which was built by trade route)

What is the reason for a random barbarian unit spawning in my domain? (not related to revolts as all cities have at least +1 amenities)
E.g. right now I have 2x Infantry Units spawning in Sao Paulo 18/18 housing +2 amenities - one on the neighbourhood, one industry complex.

I see often, that some City States have spawning barbarians near the city center, and it is very strange

How can i see if the city have a trading post or not ? (trading post which was built by trade route)

You can the destinations that have trade posts in the trade route listing screen.

Don't have the game open right now but I think it also at the bottom of city details screen that shows all you buildings.

Is it (or will it be) possible to rename cities?

When you lose a game, does it tell you who won and how? I can't seem to the find the info. I just get the loser movie and a message saying "you have been defeated."

While playing with only science victory condition enabled I've managed to kill my opponents and I've got a victory screen (you've killed everyone). As it turns out, on this map I have a chance to get quite rare "Man on the Moon" achievement ("Win a regular game with a Science victory on any difficulty with any leader with a captured Egyptian city - having also activated Newton and Darwin"). Will the game count sending ship to Mars as a science victory even if I've managed to slay every other opponent earlier? Or maybe I should load a save where there's one AI capital left and keep them alive?

While playing with only science victory condition enabled I've managed to kill my opponents and I've got a victory screen (you've killed everyone). As it turns out, on this map I have a chance to get quite rare "Man on the Moon" achievement ("Win a regular game with a Science victory on any difficulty with any leader with a captured Egyptian city - having also activated Newton and Darwin"). Will the game count sending ship to Mars as a science victory even if I've managed to slay every other opponent earlier? Or maybe I should load a save where there's one AI capital left and keep them alive?

You'll have to reload. If Domination victory is turned off, though, the capitals shouldn't matter, as long as one AI has one city left somewhere.

I'll try the question again because it really puzzles me: What's the deal with the military strength of each civilization that I see when mousing over the Domination victory progress (in the global ranking)?

I see that an AI has more than twice my military strength (with a comparable number of cities), yet I attack him anyway. I then proceed to take all but the very last of his cities without losing a single unit, make peace, and see that reduced to one city he STILL has more than my military strength. It doesn't sound possible for someone with twice my strength to not put up any resistance whatsoever in defense. Is that just an "AI doesn't do combat" issue, or do those numbers represent something else entirely?

Do AI leaders camp certain spots that they may want to settle? Pedro has had two warriors stood still for a good few turns, one of which is right on the spot my settler wants to go onto. I've been circling the spot for 3 turns, quite annoying.

Probably been answered already, but why do districts pillage themselves? The industrial zone in my cap keeps getting pillaged and there are no barbs or enemies nearby. I also have plenty of extra housing and amenities.

Probably been answered already, but why do districts pillage themselves? The industrial zone in my cap keeps getting pillaged and there are no barbs or enemies nearby. I also have plenty of extra housing and amenities.
Espionage. An enemy spy is doing it to you. Put one of your spies in or adjacent to your industrial district on counter-espionage. Select civics cards to enhance your counter-espionage and/or reduce their espionage capability.

Top Bottom